Countdown for in-person schooling

qwerty said:
A normal person that doesn?t wear a mask isn?t going to kill you. An at risk person can go to a grocery store with a store full of mask less people and be fine if they wore a mask and face shield and kept their distance if they so choose.

You have it backwards. Wearing a mask my confer some protection to the wearer, but it primarily is worn to protect others from the wearer.

Cares said:
Supposedly, the rumor mill has it that there was a case of exposure to a positive COVID individual at College Park Elementary. The class is going to undergo quarantine. Also Woodbridge High School is said to have exposure to 1 case as well.

Saw this too but apparently it was scrubbed from some of the rumor mill sites.
Does OC have something like LA County?  They list all locations in educational settings with more than 3 cases.http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/locations.htm#educational-settings

jajji said:
qwerty said:
A normal person that doesn%u2019t wear a mask isn%u2019t going to kill you. An at risk person can go to a grocery store with a store full of mask less people and be fine if they wore a mask and face shield and kept their distance if they so choose.

You have it backwards. Wearing a mask my confer some protection to the wearer, but it primarily is worn to protect others from the wearer.

NY Post: Mask-wearing employees at Starbucks in South Korea avoid coronavirus following outbreak

An outbreak of the novel coronavirus at a Starbucks cafe in Paju, South Korea, infected dozens of customers %u2014 but at least four of the location%u2019s employees were spared, with health officials crediting face masks as the reason.

A woman who was infected with COVID-19 visited the cafe earlier this month and poor ventilation linked to an air conditioning unit in the cafe likely contributed to virus spread, Bloomberg reported.

But four of the cafe%u2019s employees %u2014 all of whom wore face masks during their shift %u2014 were spared. Officials said the patrons were likely more susceptible because they removed their masks to eat and drink, Gang Young-do, a spokesperson for the Paju government, told Bloomberg.
https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/mask-...h-korea-avoid-coronavirus-following-outbreak/

jajji said:
qwerty said:
A normal person that doesn?t wear a mask isn?t going to kill you. An at risk person can go to a grocery store with a store full of mask less people and be fine if they wore a mask and face shield and kept their distance if they so choose.

So mask only provide one way protection? Got it.

That?s some of the dumbest shit I?ve ever heard.

qwerty said:
jajji said:
qwerty said:

OMG.

This has been explained to you so many times.

Where is the un-amigo button? :)

the Science is hardly "settled"...These "scientists" seem to differ...

Mask Madness
And what "the science" actually really says.

I tried explaining that world renowned scientists?as opposed to career bureaucrats like Anthony Fauci?have demonstrated repeatedly that masks, particularly the kinds of cloth and surgical masks that have become a daily feature of the general public, are ineffective in preventing people from getting infected with COVID-19.  Masks can even be dangerous, both vis-?-vis COVID, as well as with respect to the exacerbation of other health issues.

In fact, even some of these bureaucrats have, at one time, conceded the truth of the science behind COVID and masks.

My friend, without missing a beat, dismissed these studies as ?outliers,? ?biased,? and ?right-wing.?

Let the evidence speak for itself.  If anyone, with a straight face, can accuse the following researchers, studies, and organizations of the charges that my friend leveled, let them try:

New England Journal of Medicine?one of the most prestigious of medical journals and one within the pages of which Anthony Fauci and CDC head Robert Redfield themselves published this past spring?said this:

?We know that wearing a mask outside of health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.  Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures?.?

It continued:

?The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal.  In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic?fear and anxiety are better countered with data and education than with a marginally beneficial mask, particularly in light of the worldwide mask shortage, but it is difficult to get clinicians to hear this message in the heat of the current crisis.?
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared:

?[The] widespread use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not yet supported by high quality or direct scientific evidence and there are potential benefits and harms to consider?the use of a mask alone is insufficient to provide an adequate level of protection.?

And this:

?Medical masks like this one [a surgical mask] cannot protect against the new coronavirus when used alone. WHO only recommends the use of masks in specific cases.  If you have [a] cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, you should wear a mask and seek medical care. If you do not have these symptoms, you do not have to wear masks, because there is no evidence that they protect people who are not sick.?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published the following in Emerging Infectious Diseases, its distinguished peer-reviewed journal.  Using a whopping 14 randomized controlled trials (which scientists recognize as the ?highest quality of evidence?), Jingyi Xiao and her esteemed colleagues at the University of Hong Kong determined that the utilization of face masks do not significantly reduce the spread of COVID.

?We found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks.  There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure.?

To conclude: ?Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory confirmed influenza.? (Even more frightening for the already terrified, Dr. Xiao and her team discovered that neither are ?improved hygiene and environmental cleaning? effective at preventing transmission!)

Anthony Fauci himself remarked in March, on the eve of the peak of The Virus:

?There?s no reason to be walking around with a mask.  When you?re in the middle of an outbreak wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it?s not providing the perfect protection people think that it is.?

The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, located at the University of Minnesota, declared that there was no data available to support recommendations for mask use by the general public:

?We do not recommend requiring the general public who do not have COVID-19-like illness to routinely wear cloth or surgical masks because:

There is no scientific evidence they are effective in reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.?

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) agrees:

?Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.? 

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/10/mask-madness-jack-kerwick/

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
jajji said:
qwerty said:

OMG.

This has been explained to you so many times.

Where is the un-amigo button? :)

TI should have a no thank you or disagree button
;D

morekaos said:
the Science is hardly "settled"...These "scientists" seem to differ...

Mask Madness
And what "the science" actually really says.

I tried explaining that world renowned scientists?as opposed to career bureaucrats like Anthony Fauci?have demonstrated repeatedly that masks, particularly the kinds of cloth and surgical masks that have become a daily feature of the general public, are ineffective in preventing people from getting infected with COVID-19.  Masks can even be dangerous, both vis-?-vis COVID, as well as with respect to the exacerbation of other health issues.

In fact, even some of these bureaucrats have, at one time, conceded the truth of the science behind COVID and masks.

My friend, without missing a beat, dismissed these studies as ?outliers,? ?biased,? and ?right-wing.?

Let the evidence speak for itself.  If anyone, with a straight face, can accuse the following researchers, studies, and organizations of the charges that my friend leveled, let them try:

New England Journal of Medicine?one of the most prestigious of medical journals and one within the pages of which Anthony Fauci and CDC head Robert Redfield themselves published this past spring?said this:

?We know that wearing a mask outside of health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.  Focusing on universal masking alone may, paradoxically, lead to more transmission of Covid-19 if it diverts attention from implementing more fundamental infection-control measures?.?

It continued:

?The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal.  In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic?fear and anxiety are better countered with data and education than with a marginally beneficial mask, particularly in light of the worldwide mask shortage, but it is difficult to get clinicians to hear this message in the heat of the current crisis.?
The World Health Organization (WHO) declared:

?[The] widespread use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not yet supported by high quality or direct scientific evidence and there are potential benefits and harms to consider?the use of a mask alone is insufficient to provide an adequate level of protection.?

And this:

?Medical masks like this one [a surgical mask] cannot protect against the new coronavirus when used alone. WHO only recommends the use of masks in specific cases.  If you have [a] cough, fever, and difficulty breathing, you should wear a mask and seek medical care. If you do not have these symptoms, you do not have to wear masks, because there is no evidence that they protect people who are not sick.?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published the following in Emerging Infectious Diseases, its distinguished peer-reviewed journal.  Using a whopping 14 randomized controlled trials (which scientists recognize as the ?highest quality of evidence?), Jingyi Xiao and her esteemed colleagues at the University of Hong Kong determined that the utilization of face masks do not significantly reduce the spread of COVID.

?We found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks.  There is limited evidence for their effectiveness in preventing influenza virus transmission either when worn by the infected person for source control or when worn by uninfected persons to reduce exposure.?

To conclude: ?Our systematic review found no significant effect of face masks on transmission of laboratory confirmed influenza.? (Even more frightening for the already terrified, Dr. Xiao and her team discovered that neither are ?improved hygiene and environmental cleaning? effective at preventing transmission!)

Anthony Fauci himself remarked in March, on the eve of the peak of The Virus:

?There?s no reason to be walking around with a mask.  When you?re in the middle of an outbreak wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better, and it might even block a droplet, but it?s not providing the perfect protection people think that it is.?

The Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy, located at the University of Minnesota, declared that there was no data available to support recommendations for mask use by the general public:

?We do not recommend requiring the general public who do not have COVID-19-like illness to routinely wear cloth or surgical masks because:

There is no scientific evidence they are effective in reducing the risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission.?

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) agrees:

?Face masks should not be worn by healthy individuals to protect themselves from acquiring respiratory infection because there is no evidence to suggest that face masks worn by healthy individuals are effective in preventing people from becoming ill.? 

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2020/10/mask-madness-jack-kerwick/

You're just as bad. Much of this is outdated or out of context. If you don't understand how masks help prevent spread... then you're not as smart as you say you are. This is just how you were trying to point out that masks and pants don't stop people from smelling farts.

There is no science in that article, just smoke and mirrors.

This is why we have a hard time containing this virus... misinformation like this.

qwerty said:
jajji said:
qwerty said:

If it sounds stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.

Every time I log on to TI I have to wear a face mask to protect myself from the ?viruses? posted here. Trying to forget or un-see is harder and causing brain issues, but I see I?m not alone :(

jajji said:
qwerty said:
jajji said:
qwerty said:
A normal person that doesn%u2019t wear a mask isn%u2019t going to kill you. An at risk person can go to a grocery store with a store full of mask less people and be fine if they wore a mask and face shield and kept their distance if they so choose.

That%u2019s some of the dumbest shit I%u2019ve ever heard.

If it sounds stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.

Stay safe my friend. Do not mind him.
He says he is against mask and stuff. But him and his daughter wears a mask and a face shield when they go out. (or did he say only his daughter) I and too lazy to look it up.
He kind of reminds me of Trump. Trump says covid is fake and there is nothing to worry about. But Trump told Woodward in a recording that covid is really deadly more than the flu.

Back