coronavirus

Compressed-Village said:

The only thing worrisome is we have a numbskull in charge of our state. Gov Nuisance needs to shut his trap, what an irresponsible statement to make at a critical time for people?s psyche.  There are fewer than 250,000 cases on Earth and our leader states 25,500,000 will be infected in California? Just so he can grab some money. What a dope!

The state projects that 25.5 million people in California will be infected with the coronavirus over an eight-week period, Newsom said in a letter sent to President Trump on Wednesday

eyephone said:
Dude they (China) knew since November and they sent the doctor to jail/questioned and released because he talked about SARS like virus. They could of isolated that area.

I agree! What they did to allow this to become a pandemic is horrific. They allowed this to explode. 

What I was saying is the massive 50 million + forced quarantine is effective. They reported no new case of COVID-19 today.

Kenkoko said:
eyephone said:
Dude they (China) knew since November and they sent the doctor to jail/questioned and released because he talked about SARS like virus. They could of isolated that area.

I agree! What they did to allow this to become a pandemic is horrific. They allowed this to explode. 

What I was saying is the massive 50 million + forced quarantine is effective. They reported no new case of COVID-19 today.

I do not believe their figures at all.
They control the press. They recently kicked out the wsj reporter from China. (So bs)

Compressed-Village said:
eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:
Senator Dumped Up to $1.6 Million of Stock After Reassuring Public About Coronavirus Preparedness
Intelligence Chair Richard Burr?s (Republican N.C.) selloff came around the time he was receiving daily briefings on the health threat.

https://www.propublica.org/article/...ssuring-public-about-coronavirus-preparedness

I am not surprised. Not at all.

This is simply idiotic or pure greeds. Maybe both.

Or maybe he thought no one would find out or care.

nosuchreality said:
Compressed-Village said:

Seems like irresponsible reporting.  Here's his letter, I don't see any such claim.
https://www.gov.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/3.19.20-Letter.pdf

Wow LATimes reporting same thing and that his office declined to support the number.

Unbelievable irresponsible.

irvinehomeowner said:
Maybe someone can answer this but aren?t we locking down sooner in our infection curve timeline than other countries?

I highly doubt that. My office and all my friends' offices started sending employees home last Thursday afternoon. As of last Friday night (3/13), Prezi and the task force were giving press conf. where they announced that new tests are coming soon as early as next week (3/16 week) that will allow us to test thousands more each day.

Wuhan lockdown started on 1/23.
Millions of people fled the area and spread out all over the world around that time.
For the next 50 days, till 3/13, we were just basking in the glory and did not feel the need to prep or anything.
Maybe we are just walking around, spreading, and no one knows how real our case numbers are.

I am guilty too - discounted my wife's worries and hesitantly bought some essentials 'only to make her happy' before S* hit the fan. Now I just gotta live rest of my life with those looks and stares...:D

morekaos said:
And Bill Gates thinks we may be over reacting...

Bill Gates urges everyone to 'stay calm' during the coronavirus pandemic claiming some doomsday projections are 'too negative' and the crisis may only last six to 10 weeks in some countries
Mr Gates took part in an 'Ask Me Anything' session on COVID-19 on Reddit
He encouraged people to follow the 'shut down' approach to stop the spread
Mr Gates is known for his philanthropic work, including around global health
The Microsoft CEO said he worried about the economic effects of coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8130003/Bill-Gates-urges-stay-calm-coronavirus-pandemic.html

I have always agreed with stay calm.  I haven't hoarded anything.  I haven't even bought sanitizer, TP or water, except for water to go camping with.  So I agree with Gates on that.  But the "crisis" is as much financial as anything else.  And there are major cracks in the system.  It will not recover in 6 or 10 weeks IMO.  I don't think it's possible.  We read about how many people can't scrape together $500 in an emergency...wtf are they going to do now that they're unemployed.  They gotta eat, right? 

Wait a minute...Maybe THAT is what the hoarding is all about.  People are buying up as much as they can to live off of, thereby maxing out their credit cards and then plan to not pay the bill.  Just need to make it to the next paycheck. 

Dire...

This unemployment chart reversing is inevitable. The big question is how high will it go? Anyone wants to take a guess? Will we surpass the unemployment number of 2011 reaching 10% MoreKaos, your thoughts? I think we are going to surpass the unemployment numbers of 2011.

1993 - 7%
2003 - 5%
2011 - 10%
2022 - ??

unemployment.jpg

daedalus said:
morekaos said:
And Bill Gates thinks we may be over reacting...

Bill Gates urges everyone to 'stay calm' during the coronavirus pandemic claiming some doomsday projections are 'too negative' and the crisis may only last six to 10 weeks in some countries
Mr Gates took part in an 'Ask Me Anything' session on COVID-19 on Reddit
He encouraged people to follow the 'shut down' approach to stop the spread
Mr Gates is known for his philanthropic work, including around global health
The Microsoft CEO said he worried about the economic effects of coronavirus

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8130003/Bill-Gates-urges-stay-calm-coronavirus-pandemic.html

I have always agreed with stay calm.  I haven't hoarded anything.  I haven't even bought sanitizer, TP or water, except for water to go camping with.  So I agree with Gates on that.  But the "crisis" is as much financial as anything else.  And there are major cracks in the system.  It will not recover in 6 or 10 weeks IMO.  I don't think it's possible.  We read about how many people can't scrape together $500 in an emergency...wtf are they going to do now that they're unemployed.  They gotta eat, right? 

Wait a minute...Maybe THAT is what the hoarding is all about.  People are buying up as much as they can to live off of, thereby maxing out their credit cards and then plan to not pay the bill.  Just need to make it to the next paycheck. 

Dire...

The social unrest, leading to looting/riot and shooting, I hope that would not be the case. People need to have hope, so I praised Bill Gates for his works and reassurance in time of uncertainty. Even if it is for some hopes.

For those of you Irvine newbies looking to buy a home in Irvine. This is NOT the TIME... wait until 2022. You will thank me later. The proud and the arrogant will be destroyed while the meek and humble will be lifted up.

- Panda

Seriously. Governments are crippling the world. Absolutely amazing.

It?s almost as if politicians are trying to see who can outstupid  each other the most.

Guys... this does not look good. What exactly is "non-essential" business? Everything else except groceries and pharmacies?

home.jpg

Back