coronavirus

Just out of curiosity, I checked the Covid positive rules for the cruise my friend went on.  The cruise site does state that passengers testing positive must isolate in their stateroom or depending upon the local rules, to disembark and isolate locally.  I also found a video of a guy who had to isolate for 5 days onboard a ship from the same company.  So I am going to assume that rules are being followed very loosely onboard some of their ships.

Here's a video of a passenger who got Covid+ during his Vikings cruise.  He was asked to isolate for 5 days but would not be required to test at the end of the 5 days.  He did mention that the cruise ship did not want to tell him how many people came down with Covid on the ship and he suspected that some people who self tested and did not want to be isolated probably chose not to go to the med center to be evaluated. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8G3TZiLgrQ

Here's another video, of a person interviewing her grandfather who became Covid+ on his Royal Carrib cruise.  Apparently, he was coughing a lot as he was enjoying his cruise and felt that it was starting to annoy his cruise mates, so he went down to the med center to test.  The med center on this ship told him that there was a "mob" of people the other day with Covid+ and that he was number 17 for the day.  So quite a few people Covid+ and again, I am sure there were those who never came down to get tested because they did not want to have to isolate.  Towards the end of the video, the grandfather mentions that as they disembarked, approx. 100 passengers who were all Covid+ waited to be transported to their quarantine hotel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpd9Ktn-SmA

I think I would keep my mask on onboard indoors and in crowded places just in case if I was on a cruise.  Unless I just recently got boosted or recently recovered and no new variant.  I remember the case I think it was in Korea at a Starbucks where there was a Covid cluster way back when, and the workers who were all masked did not get Covid even though several patrons who were not masked got it.  So masking with the right masks (at least a surgical mask) works.

In Japan, because we use public transportation like trains and buses, it is expected for sick people to wear a mask when out in public, work or school.  If you are caught coughing without a mask, people look at you.  Also, many wear mask during allergy season.  So it is not unusual to see people in around town with mask and this is before Covid.  I think if everyone took personal responsibility and wore a mask when they don't feel well, and for that to become routine, then we can get through Covid becoming endemic.

The behavior you described at restaurants happens everywhere, all the time. It happened before Covid, during Covid and after Covid.

Servers pick up used plates, utensils, glasses by the top where you lips just were, or pick up glasses by using a couple fingers inside of the glass. Do you think they are washing their hands after each set up plates they pick up??

I was having a drink the other day and the bartender had gloves on to give people piece of mind. He picks up several used/dirty glasses and by putting his index finger inside the dirty/used glass and then goes on to prepare my drink. I guess the alcohol killed the viruses :)

It's fatigue.

New parents experience this where they are super careful with everything but then by their 2nd child and on... get less stringent (at least for us :) ).

Domestic flights are not enforcing masks, vax cards or testing anymore... so it's up to each person to safeguard themselves.

I am back in the minority just like during the start of the pandemic where I still wear a mask indoors and in crowded situations outdoors.

I get those weird looks... but because I am uglier and bigger than most people... so that may not be the mask.

Anecdotally... I still have not had a bout of Covid... I'm one of the few left in my social circle as most everyone I know has got it and it's usually from someone else in their family (like their kids who are less cautious). I am probably the most paranoid out of everyone I know, including my family, but it's also weird because I'm the one who goes out the most getting groceries, running errands, takeout and even dining out... which seems to either prove the efficacy of masking and vaxing or I need to play the lotto more (but I did not hit the $1b jackpot).

Unfortunately, because cases/hospitalizations/deaths are now low again, this also brings out the anti-Covid crowd reclaiming this is just another flu/cold virus without admitting that safe protocols, vaccinations and "sweet natural" immunity had some role in this current environment. One specific relative of mine is back to their old ways (before our cousin died from Covid) and when I ask them what happen to our cousin, they ignore my question or say that it wasn't really Covid. Coincidentally, this relative was not anti-vax prior to Covid... and now is to any vaccine... even for flu shots... so yeah.. perception is reality.

Stay safe... still many unknowns about Covid.

I had my bout with COVID back in May, but I still wear mask indoors. Coincidentally, due to the "outbreak" at our company at the same time, the mask mandate came back in common areas at my company.

I would say that thanks to the vaccine and booster that I didn't spread it to my wife and son when I caught COVID.

PSForever said:
Just out of curiosity, I checked the Covid positive rules for the cruise my friend went on.  The cruise site does state that
Just some anecdata.. friends of friends got
Covid while on a cruise in Europe. They tested with their own kit and didn?t mention it to the cruise line, hotel, airline - probably because of all the extra stuff/quarantine they would be forced to do. What would you (not you PS, but others) do if it happened to you?
I?ve also heard the same from someone who got Covid on a non-cruise vacation to Europe.

zovall said:
PSForever said:
Just out of curiosity, I checked the Covid positive rules for the cruise my friend went on.  The cruise site does state that
Covid while on a cruise in Europe. They tested with their own kit and didn?t mention it to the cruise line, hotel, airline - probably because of all the extra stuff/quarantine they would be forced to do. What would you (not you PS, but others) do if it happened to you?
I?ve also heard the same from someone who got Covid on a non-cruise vacation to Europe.

Those test results are for my eyes only and the trash can the test goes in :)

I know someone who got COVID, the got the vaccine and the booster and still got COVID the second time. In fact I know many unvaxxed who either never got sick with COVID or only show mild symptoms. People I know with boosters still get COVID left and right, and infect their unvaxxed young family members (who actually recover faster than the vaxxed) The unvaccined are thankful they never took the jab and compromised their immune system and don't have to worry about the adverse effects for the rest of their life.

qwerty said:
zovall said:
PSForever said:

Those test results are for my eyes only and the trash can the test goes in :)

I just assume anybody coughing in public has covid.  It might not be, but half the population won?t test unless forced, another group will ignore as long as mild.

On our positives we?ve hunkered down until negative (3 days), we have friends that had in in the last month. And they?ve taken two and a half weeks to get negative.

The five day isolation is easy but a pain in the butt.

CDC guidelines seem to be a wordy mess, JIMHO.   

If we go somewhere and test, it?s my info and I will hunker.  Not going via plane to Europe, I catch shit on planes before the pandemic, might as just had me a smallpox blanket.

Pfizer CEO just got COVID (source his own Twitter account) after 4 shots and is taking Paxlovid. He is thankful that with the vaccine the symptoms are very mild...well if it is mild does he really need Paxlovid?

We can quote as many articles and anecdotes as we want but iacrenter is really the only person who is closest to this from a medical perspective so I'll take his word over anyone else's.

I find it funny that no one challenges his posts... even when they confirm my own. Why is that?

It's like challenging the boxer's accountant rather than the actual person doing the fighting. :)

It's like my relative who claims a chemist they know doesn't recommend the vaccine... a chemist? Whereas every doctor and nurse I know, even our own uncle who is a doctor says otherwise.

Any other doctors or nurses or epidemiologists care to chime in here?

Didn't CDC just recently admit there is no difference between vaxxed and unvaxxed? I find it really funny you are putting your faith in a self claimed doctor in an online forum and ignore the CDC?

irvinehomeowner said:
We can quote as many articles and anecdotes as we want but iacrenter is really the only person who is closest to this from a medical perspective so I'll take his word over anyone else's.

I find it funny that no one challenges his posts... even when they confirm my own. Why is that?

It's like challenging the boxer's accountant rather than the actual person doing the fighting. :)

It's like my relative who claims a chemist they know doesn't recommend the vaccine... a chemist? Whereas every doctor and nurse I know, even our own uncle who is a doctor says otherwise.

Any other doctors or nurses or epidemiologists care to chime in here?

My relative uses CDC like a lukewarm friend.

When their guidance doesn't agree with their viewpoint, they deride them and point out how incorrect they are... but when the CDC puts out something that agrees with their narrative, they cite them all day as the ultimate source of truth.

Relative: But you know Covid is [some misinformed unverified "fact" from Facebook]
Me: That's not what the CDC is saying.
Relative: You can't trust the CDC, they don't know anything.
<some later time>
Me: So to me it looks like [some personal opinion about Covid]
Relative: You know, the CDC says [some guidance they agree on]
Me: I thought you didn't trust the CDC?

Hilarious.

6q8skz.jpg

Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:
Ready2Downsize said:
I got two pfizer vaccines. I'm positive the thrombophlebitis I developed after the second was related to the vax. Came and went within days and never had it before or after. Also had some eye issues which are an autoimmune problem which I have had under control for many years. First shot I didn't relate to the eye issue but thought it was really strange because humidity was 65% so there was no reason my eyes should have these problems. Second shot happened again and thinking back to the time frame of the first occurrence I knew it must have been related to the vax. These were never reported to VAERS but they are known issues written up in medical journals.

My daughter had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. Was that related to the vax? Maybe, maybe not. The rate of miscarriage quoted in a previous post here on TI is not anything more than "normal". Most miscarriages are due to a genetic issue which was absolutely not the case. She had an IVF embryo, and it was screened for genetic problems before they implanted it. Had an ultrasound which showed the baby moving and heartbeat with no abnormalities. A week later it was dead. They sent the embryo in for testing and didn't find a thing wrong.

No one knows what the real long term effects are for the vaccines, not even the manufacturers and that is a fact. Long term has not happened yet.

COVID-19 Vaccine Doesn?t Cause Miscarriage, Infertility
https://mydoctor.kaiserpermanente.o...doesn-t-cause-miscarriage-infertility-1814936

Supposedly. Like I said, maybe, maybe not. So far there is no increased incidence percentage wise of miscarriages. However, we really have not tested the vaccine long enough, imo to really know for sure. Was her data put into any data base? I don't know. I never asked. My daughter was absolutely devastated behind comprehension.

What did the in vitro clinic say about it? Maybe, maybe not. There is no proof............ yet.

There was not one thing wrong with the embryo. There was no evidence of a blood clot in the placenta, no abruption, no premature ruptured membranes, no bacterial infection, no genetic problems, no structural defects......... nothing, just an absolutely perfectly formed girl. It was completely viable, moving, etc and appropriate size via ultrasound (IVF implanted babies have an absolutely known age to the day). A week later it was dead for no known reason, including cord around the neck.

Is there an increase in incidence of miscarriages before a woman knows she is pregnant? That is entirely possible. No way to tell that, one way or the other.

We do know there are women who have died getting covid while pregnant, so overall I think it's wise to have the vaccines beforehand, but that doesn't mean I think they are in fact risk free, in the LONG term and I myself have had issues. Thrombophlebitis is not something u really want to get.

And like the shutting schools down lie is now laid bare...the danger to pregnancies is now shown to have been true...and they wonder why no one believes anything they say??.

44 Percent of Pregnant Women in Pfizer Trial Lost Their Babies; FDA and CDC Recommended Jabs For Expectant Mothers Anyway

?Pfizer took those deaths of babies?those spontaneous abortions and miscarriages?and recategorized them as recovered/resolved adverse effects,? Wolf told Bannon. ?In other words, if you lost your baby, it was categorized by Pfizer as a resolved adverse event, like a headache that got better,? she added.

Wolf said adverse event cutoff report showing the miscarriages was March 13, 2021, and the FDA received the report on April 1, 2021.

Therefore, the FDA had this data nearly a year and a half ago, and instead raising an alarm, they, along with the CDC, went ahead and recommended the experimental injections for expectant mothers anyway.

?Over a year ago, the FDA received this report that out of 50 pregnant women, 22 of them lost their babies, and they did not say anything,? Wolf said, choking back tears. ?Thus the FDA was aware of the horrifying rate of fetal death by the start of April 2021 and were silent.?

The CDC, as recently as last month, still recommended the experimental mRNA vaccines for pregnant and breastfeeding ?people.?
https://amgreatness.com/2022/08/16/...ecommended-jabs-for-expectant-mothers-anyway/

So do you trust the CDC all along? If so I see you are now agreeing with most people vax or not makes no difference?
I am glad you are finally on board.

If not you are just like your relatives, except you think CDC was right and now wrong, that is also hilarious.

irvinehomeowner said:
My relative uses CDC like a lukewarm friend.

When their guidance doesn't agree with their viewpoint, they deride them and point out how incorrect they are... but when the CDC puts out something that agrees with their narrative, they cite them all day as the ultimate source of truth.

Relative: But you know Covid is [some misinformed unverified "fact" from Facebook]
Me: That's not what the CDC is saying.
Relative: You can't trust the CDC, they don't know anything.
<some later time>
Me: So to me it looks like [some personal opinion about Covid]
Relative: You know, the CDC says [some guidance they agree on]
Me: I thought you didn't trust the CDC?

Hilarious.

akula1488 said:
I know someone who got COVID, the got the vaccine and the booster and still got COVID the second time. In fact I know many unvaxxed who either never got sick with COVID or only show mild symptoms. People I know with boosters still get COVID left and right, and infect their unvaxxed young family members (who actually recover faster than the vaxxed) The unvaccined are thankful they never took the jab and compromised their immune system and don't have to worry about the adverse effects for the rest of their life.

I have three unvaccinated friends who tested positive.
1.  Couldn't smell his coffee.
2.  Had three restless nights.
3. Said it was nothing, like the regular flu.

Go crazy if you want.  Leftists thrive on fear and misinformation.  FEAR climate change.  FEAR internal combustion engines.  FEAR Covid-19 and people who don't think as you do.

The whole world has gone mad.

How about another safe and effective injection?

https://twitter.com/mazemoore/status/1559271940895932423?s=20&t=FsrGyiHeK3anl32J9xe_bw

StarmanMBA said:
akula1488 said:

I have three unvaccinated friends who tested positive.
1.  Couldn't smell his coffee.
2.  Had three restless nights.
3. Said it was nothing, like the regular flu.

Go crazy if you want.  Leftists thrive on fear and misinformation.  FEAR climate change.  FEAR internal combustion engines.  FEAR Covid-19 and people who don't think as you do.

The whole world has gone mad.

So closing schools was a huge mistake?...hmmm, where did I hear that before?

NY Mag: Progressives ?quietly? starting to accept closing schools was ?historic blunder?

Liberal writer: To rebuild trust, we must admit prolonged school closings were 'catastrophic mistake'

The progressive left might be catching on to the possibility that prolonged school closings amid the coronavirus pandemic was a "catastrophic mistake" that hurt America?s kids, one writer argues.
"Many liberals are complaining that the recent debates over short-term closings are creating a hysterical overreaction from people still angry about the 2020-21 school shutdown," liberal New York Magazine's Jonathan Chait wrote. "Perhaps a first step to building trust that we are not planning to repeat a catastrophic mistake is to admit the mistake in the first place."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-mag-progressives-accept-closing-schools-was-historic-blunder

Back