coronavirus

irvinehomeowner said:
Not really. Most thought that plane air is recycled... but it's actually filtered out more often and better than typical indoor spaces (the article mentions that).

Additionally, masks are mandatory on planes which is proven to cut down on viral spread (in case qwerty forgot). And, planes are not running at full capacity either.

This one case may be an anomaly because there are other cases where covid did spread among passengers on a plane. It all depends on what type of safety protocols are in place.

That's why mandating masks, restricing indoor socialization and enforcing other safety measures work.

Yup...it's the confined space and close proximity that really create problems.

The other issue is where in the infection cycle the people are. Like the young man on the bus, there may be a highly contagious window during onset.

the downward side of a cycle...

Coronavirus deaths in the United States should start dropping by next week, CDC director predicts - as new cases continue to drop to the lowest in two months
CDC director Robert Redfield said on Thursday that the COVID-19 death rate would hopefully drop across the US by next week
Deaths across the country have been plateauing for the last three weeks with an average of 1,000 Americans dying per day
The number of cases, however, have been declining steadily for a month
The average number of COVID-19 cases across the country per day was at about 46,000 on Thursday, which is the lowest it has been in two months
Redfield said the current drop in cases and potential decline in deaths was a result of mitigation measures, including mask wearing and closing down bars
He said it can often take weeks before the effects of those measures are reflected in the daily numbers due to the lag between deaths and positive tests
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8651511/COVID-deaths-start-dropping-week-CDC-says.html

@morekaod: Did you think this downward trend is because of magic or a miracle?

If it were up to you... everything would have stayed open and no one would wear masks. Just like your article states, it's because of these mitigation measures that we do see these numbers going down.

Except Sweden wears masks, socially distance and had closed down indoor gatherings like bars and restaurants.

Stop trying to obfuscate the facts.

qwerty said:
From I read I didn?t think Sweden closed down its bars and restaurants.

They did. Whenever there were issues with not complying to safety protocols:
https://www.thelocal.se/20200427/st...d-restaurants-over-social-distancing-breaches

And bars were only allowed to do table service, no socializing/gathering etc.

So while many people like to use Sweden as an example, they did their own "trust-based" shutdown... and still suffered from it unlike surrounding countries.

We tried to be like Sweden when we re-openend... but there are too many people here who don't obey the rules or feel it's their constitutional right not to do so... and that's why things closed up again. That is why a Swedish strategy doesn't work in the US... so many people like qwerty who doesn't understand the science. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

https://www.thelocal.se/20200427/st...d-restaurants-over-social-distancing-breaches

So while many people like to use Sweden as an example, they did their own "trust-based" shutdown... and still suffered from it unlike surrounding countries.

We tried to be like Sweden when we re-openend... but there are too many people here who don't obey the rules or feel it's their constitutional right not to do so... and that's why things closed up again. That is why a Swedish strategy doesn't work in the US... so many people like qwerty who doesn't understand the science. :)

Have you been out lately?  I spend lots of time in all the beach cities...It's like 4rth of July from Newport to Manhattan.  Its been like that for months now.  Go inland just a bit...its like nothing ever happened. Big Bear and Arrowhead were practically restriction free.  Move further inland to another state like Arizona or Nevada...even looser.  This thing is burning itself out...there is lots of indignant shaming and finger wagging but it has lost lethality while many people went about their business.  That's a good thing.

Out in the beach is more safer than indoors at the bars.

Funny how all the places you mention are the same ones in the news that had high case counts and hospitalizations until they started enforcing safety protocols.

But you only see what you want to see. You were quiet for a while when these cases were exploding... and now they are calming down you are back with your Starman fallacies.

morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

Have you been out lately?  I spend lots of time in all the beach cities...It's like 4rth of July from Newport to Manhattan.  Its been like that for months now.  Go inland just a bit...its like nothing ever happened. Big Bear and Arrowhead were practically restriction free.  Move further inland to another state like Arizona or Nevada...even looser.  This thing is burning itself out...there is lots of indignant shaming and finger wagging but it has lost lethality while many people went about their business.  That's a good thing.

I wonder if there's a direct correlation to Arizona and Nevada having looser restrictions and a higher per capita infection and death rate to coronavirus. Hmmmmmmmm....thinking......

On May 20, Florida Governor Ron Desantis made the case in front of the media that Florida handled the COVID-19 pandemic better than what the media portrayed.

?You?ve got a lot of people in your profession who whacks poetically for weeks and weeks about how Florida was gonna be just like New York,? Desantis said. ?Well hell, we?re eight weeks away from that and it hasn?t happened.?

Turns out, Governor Desantis was right.
https://www.mdcthereporter.com/governor-desantis-was-right-to-lash-out-against-the-media/

Date of Article was June 1...

Cares said:
morekaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:

I wonder if there's a direct correlation to Arizona and Nevada having looser restrictions and a higher per capita infection and death rate to coronavirus. Hmmmmmmmm....thinking......

I don't see it...

Attachments

• arizona.pdf
    29.1 KB · Views: 37
  • nevada.pdf
    74.7 KB · Views: 32
aquabliss said:
I remember the OC Health Info page used to have historical data of new cases, hospitalizations, etc. so we could see the evolution/curve over a period of time.  I think it was here:https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

But I can't find it any longer.  Anyone know where they put that page, if it still exists?

They want to make it look good. It does not fit the narrative. So that?s why they removed it? The past is the past. Idk

aquabliss said:
I remember the OC Health Info page used to have historical data of new cases, hospitalizations, etc. so we could see the evolution/curve over a period of time.  I think it was here:https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/coronavirus-in-oc

But I can't find it any longer.  Anyone know where they put that page, if it still exists?

Is this the info you are looking for?https://arcg.is/1veXG90
The page you linked has a link to this as 'Desktop Version'

No this dashboard looks different.  They used to have a very simple chart / bar graph that was embedded in the landing page.  Not editable, just something to look at that formed a curve and had data from early March.  Wanted to see what that looked like today.

Back