coronavirus

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
Very clear! But how is it different than what I asked?

Because Covid is what causes 180k+ people to die.  But for them getting the disease.. almost all of them would be alive.  They would still have those conditions but they would be alive.

The difference between chronic and acute conditions.  If a person get shot in the heart and had hemophilia...the hemophilia contributed to the death but get shot is what killed that person.

Yeah, I guess we would never know how many actually died from Covid-19. It may not be 6% of 180k, but we can't say all 100% either. 

Here we go with another conspiracy theory by Mety. First it was Christians are getting prosecuted because churches can not open at 100 percent capacity and outdoor church is not good enough. I guess now he questions the covid death toll. Also, he previously questioned the severity of covid at the beginning.

Here are other conspiracy theories I heard about covid: 5g is the cause of covid, covid is all made up combined with the phrase Trump 2020

:)

eyephone said:
Here we go with another conspiracy theory by Mety. First it was Christians are getting prosecuted because churches can not open at 100 percent capacity and outdoor church is not good enough. I guess now he questions the covid death toll. Also, he previously questioned the severity of covid at the beginning.

No, that?s not what I?m saying at all. Learn from IC how to respond, son.

You know how there are no smoking ads. There should be ads about covid.
Wear a mask and practice social distance.
If not, you, family, and friends may end up like this: picture of a person with a freaking big tube in their chest or body bag

(A little over the top, but will wake people up!)

We need to look out for each other. Because the government has failed us big time. (in some cases local, state, and federal)

https://elemental.medium.com/a-supe...teresting-new-theory-has-emerged-31cb8eba9d63

According to the team?s findings, a Covid-19 infection generally begins when the virus enters the body through ACE2 receptors in the nose, (The receptors, which the virus is known to target, are abundant there.) The virus then proceeds through the body, entering cells in other places where ACE2 is also present: the intestines, kidneys, and heart. This likely accounts for at least some of the disease?s cardiac and GI symptoms.

But once Covid-19 has established itself in the body, things start to get really interesting. According to Jacobson?s group, the data Summit analyzed shows that Covid-19 isn?t content to simply infect cells that already express lots of ACE2 receptors. Instead, it actively hijacks the body?s own systems, tricking it into upregulating ACE2 receptors in places where they?re usually expressed at low or medium levels, including the lungs.

In this sense, Covid-19 is like a burglar who slips in your unlocked second-floor window and starts to ransack your house. Once inside, though, they don?t just take your stuff ? they also throw open all your doors and windows so their accomplices can rush in and help pillage more efficiently.

The renin?angiotensin system (RAS) controls many aspects of the circulatory system, including the body?s levels of a chemical called bradykinin, which normally helps to regulate blood pressure. According to the team?s analysis, when the virus tweaks the RAS, it causes the body?s mechanisms for regulating bradykinin to go haywire. Bradykinin receptors are resensitized, and the body also stops effectively breaking down bradykinin. (ACE normally degrades bradykinin, but when the virus downregulates it, it can?t do this as effectively.)

The end result, the researchers say, is to release a bradykinin storm ? a massive, runaway buildup of bradykinin in the body. According to the bradykinin hypothesis, it?s this storm that is ultimately responsible for many of Covid-19?s deadly effects. Jacobson?s team says in their paper that ?the pathology of Covid-19 is likely the result of Bradykinin Storms rather than cytokine storms,? which had been previously identified in Covid-19 patients, but that ?the two may be intricately linked.? Other papers had previously identified bradykinin storms as a possible cause of Covid-19?s pathologies.

[...]

Though still an emerging theory, the bradykinin hypothesis explains several other of Covid-19?s seemingly bizarre symptoms. Jacobson and his team speculate that leaky vasculature caused by bradykinin storms could be responsible for ?Covid toes,? a condition involving swollen, bruised toes that some Covid-19 patients experience. Bradykinin can also mess with the thyroid gland, which could produce the thyroid symptoms recently observed in some patients.

The bradykinin hypothesis could also explain some of the broader demographic patterns of the disease?s spread. The researchers note that some aspects of the RAS system are sex-linked, with proteins for several receptors (such as one called TMSB4X) located on the X chromosome. This means that ?women? would have twice the levels of this protein than men,? a result borne out by the researchers? data. In their paper, Jacobson?s team concludes that this ?could explain the lower incidence of Covid-19 induced mortality in women.? A genetic quirk of the RAS could be giving women extra protection against the disease.

The bradykinin hypothesis provides a model that ?contributes to a better understanding of Covid-19? and ?adds novelty to the existing literature,? according to scientists Frank van de Veerdonk, Jos WM van der Meer, and Roger Little, who peer-reviewed the team?s paper. It predicts nearly all the disease?s symptoms, even ones (like bruises on the toes) that at first appear random, and further suggests new treatments for the disease.

As Jacobson and team point out, several drugs target aspects of the RAS and are already FDA approved to treat other conditions. They could arguably be applied to treating Covid-19 as well. Several, like danazol, stanozolol, and ecallantide, reduce bradykinin production and could potentially stop a deadly bradykinin storm. Others, like icatibant, reduce bradykinin signaling and could blunt its effects once it?s already in the body.

Interestingly, Jacobson?s team also suggests vitamin D as a potentially useful Covid-19 drug. The vitamin is involved in the RAS system and could prove helpful by reducing levels of another compound, known as REN. Again, this could stop potentially deadly bradykinin storms from forming. The researchers note that vitamin D has already been shown to help those with Covid-19. The vitamin is readily available over the counter, and around 20% of the population is deficient. If indeed the vitamin proves effective at reducing the severity of bradykinin storms, it could be an easy, relatively safe way to reduce the severity of the virus.

Other compounds could treat symptoms associated with bradykinin storms. Hymecromone, for example, could reduce hyaluronic acid levels, potentially stopping deadly hydrogels from forming in the lungs. And timbetasin could mimic the mechanism that the researchers believe protects women from more severe Covid-19 infections. All of these potential treatments are speculative, of course, and would need to be studied in a rigorous, controlled environment before their effectiveness could be determined and they could be used more broadly.

Covid-19 stands out for both the scale of its global impact and the apparent randomness of its many symptoms. Physicians have struggled to understand the disease and come up with a unified theory for how it works. Though as of yet unproven, the bradykinin hypothesis provides such a theory. And like all good hypotheses, it also provides specific, testable predictions ? in this case, actual drugs that could provide relief to real patients.

The researchers are quick to point out that ?the testing of any of these pharmaceutical interventions should be done in well-designed clinical trials.? As to the next step in the process, Jacobson is clear: ?We have to get this message out.? His team?s finding won?t cure Covid-19. But if the treatments it points to pan out in the clinic, interventions guided by the bradykinin hypothesis could greatly reduce patients? suffering ? and potentially save lives.

Not for qwerty... too much data and science. :)

Seriously. Do people really write and read all that and get paid?

BTW I'm glad to see IHO and eyephone are finally getting along after all these UNBELIEVABLE moments.

Mety said:
BTW I'm glad to see IHO and eyephone are finally getting along after all these UNBELIEVABLE moments.
Enemy of my enemy is my friend. :)

There are certain things we agree on and other things we don't... just like me and you.

In fact, that's how everyone on TI is... as long as we can accept or look past our differences... it's copacetic (qwerty: that means fine or ok).

Mety said:

Kick back Belly. It has nothing to do with you.
The fact is IHO and others are helping to give information about covid.

One thing I find interesting is that your posts questions covid and you put down people that talk about covid. But you wear a KN95 mask. Practice what you preach and do not wear a mask. Lol

eyephone said:
Mety said:

Kick back Belly. It has nothing to do with you.
The fact is IHO and others are helping to give information about covid.

One thing I find interesting is that your posts questions covid and you put down people that talk about covid. But you wear a KN95 mask. Practice what you preach and do not wear a mask. Lol

Ok, I?ll kick back a little and maybe not wear a mask anymore  like you guys. I should just change my name to Yellow Mety Belly. Anyone knows how to change the sn?

Moving on...

Coronavirus cases across the United States decline for eight straight weeks as deaths continue to drop for a month
New cases are currently averaging at just over 34,000 per day, which is down from the peak in July when about 70,000 infections were being reported daily
In total, the number of new COVID-19 cases fell 15 percent last week compared to the previous seven days - marking the eighth straight week of declines
Deaths have now been declining nationally for four straight weeks
The average number of Americans dying per day from COVID-19 is averaging at about 740, which is down from the peak 2,000 deaths being reported per day back in April

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8735445/US-COVID-cases-decline-eight-straight-weeks-deaths-continue-drop.html

...and listening to this idiot saved 200,000 of our fellow Californians from DYING and 26 Million from infection?...yah right..

California governor Gavin Newsom issues statewide 'Stay At Home' order for 40 MILLION people - after warning 26 million could be infected with coronavirus in the next eight weeks

The governor said the order was essential in light of modeling by experts that showed roughly 56 per cent of the state's residents, or 25 million people, would contract the respiratory illness in the next eight weeks.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8133181/California-governor-Gavin-Newsom-says-26-million-people-infected-coronavirus.html

Just like I said in June...They'll try to take credit no matter what the outcome of if what they imposed had any real effect at all.

morekaos said:
Hitchens point gets made...

As things stand, the Johnson Government is like a doctor, confronted with a patient suffering from pneumonia. ?This is serious,? says the doctor. ?I have never seen anything like this. Unless I act radically, you will die terribly.?

He then proposes to treat the pneumonia by amputating the patient?s left leg, saying this method has been used successfully in China. The trusting patient agrees. The patient eventually recovers from pneumonia, as he would have done anyway. The doctor proclaims that his treatment, though undoubtedly painful and radical, was a great success. But the patient now has only one leg, and a very large hospital bill which he cannot afford to pay.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8163587/PETER-HITCHENS-Great-Panic-foolish-freedom-broken-economy-crippled.html

morekaos said:
...and listening to this idiot saved 200,000 of our fellow Californians from DYING and 26 Million from infection?...yah right..

So are you saying no lives were saved? That infections weren't avoided?

Hyperbole isn't an effective argument.

Back