coronavirus

eyephone said:
morekaos said:
Open, Open, Open...

Coronavirus: Why kids aren%u2019t the germbags, and grownups are
As school districts sweat over reopening plans, a growing body of research suggests young children are unlikely to transmit COVID-19 virus. They get it from us.

As schools contemplate reopening amid rising COVID-19 cases, an awkward truth is emerging: Adults are the problem, not our kids.

For months, we%u2019ve kept children carefully isolated, pleading with them to behave, wear masks, wipe their boogers and not hug Gram and Grandpa. We%u2019ve assumed this new virus acts just like the flu and common cold %u2014 so classrooms full of kids would create one giant cootie colony.

But a growing body of research suggests young children aren%u2019t responsible for most viral transmission.
[url]https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/07/10/coronavirus-why-kids-arent-the-germbags-and-grownups-are/[/url]

The fake financial advisor. Sorry your a joke. Get out of TI. The admin should remove you. Just like Facebook and twitter that removes fake posts.

No

We will see. I messaged the Admin. Twitter and Facebook removes category false information about covid and hopefully TI.

eyephone said:
We will see. I messaged the Admin. Twitter and Facebook removes category false information about covid and hopefully TI.

Are you trying to shame me and to cancel me?...oh dear...I am beiing oppressed!!! Micro aggression's! Micro Aggression's!!...What can i burn in protest? ;D ;D ;D ;)

this is not first amendment issue. You are posting on a private server. The admin has the right. Just as Facebook and Twitter has the right.

if the admin does not take action. Who knows another website in oc might pop up . I hear a lot of chatter. Maybe or maybe not might happen.

eyephone said:
It is so easy to set up. A domain and free forum software.

So now you are cancelling TI?...that's new but certainly by the Blue Mob book...congratulations if successful!!

You just have to counter post with facts:

Georgia schools just reopened and kids are already catching COVID-19
https://bgr.com/2020/08/06/coronavirus-school-reopening-georgia-failures/

- School reopenings during the novel coronavirus pandemic continue to be a problem, and reports from Georgia?s first week of school aren?t reassuring.
- A second-grader tested positive on the first day of school, forcing the closure of a classroom.
- 20 other children and the teacher are now forced to quarantine at home.
- A photo of a crowded high school hallway revealed that schools seem more concerned with punishing students who criticize them than they are with imposing stricter safety measures that protect the students and teachers.

Student and staffer test positive for coronavirus at Indiana schools, first state in U.S. to reopen:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/indiana-schools-coronvirus-reopening-student-staffer-test-positive/

Just days after public schools around the state reopened their doors for the first time since March, at least one student and one school staff member have tested positive for the coronavirus. In the Greenfield-Central Community School Corporation, 20 miles east of Indianapolis, a student tested positive for the virus on the first day back to class.

There are and will be more but it's just the kids right? They don't die from Covid... it could just hurt their brains:

COVID-19 and children: Doctors see link between virus and neurological side effects
Emerging research highlights a connection between COVID-19 and significant neurological effects in young brains.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...link-between-virus-neurological-side-n1235501

All you naysayers step out of line when the vaccine becomes available, let the people who are worried about this get theirs first, you guys keep minimizing it so don't take someone else's vaccine.

Apparently you don?t read what you post either.

She didn?t event test positive for covid.

Your losing credibility IHO!!

Exactly like you and morekaos. But the point is the overall uncertainty about how it effects children (and anyone for that matter).

I laugh when anyone talks about credibility on an anonymous forum, remember meccos12? Where is he now?

I get it. Talk the talk but walk the walk.  My wife is a teacher with 25 years in the classroom.  She would go back tomorrow if they opened fully and we would send our kids back without hesitation.  I have been in the office since the start and we have had 3 positive test... I still go in every day.

irvinehomeowner said:
Exactly like you and morekaos. But the point is the overall uncertainty about how it effects children (and anyone for that matter).

I laugh when anyone talks about credibility on an anonymous forum, remember meccos12? Where is he now?

But I see the difference.
Qwerty knows the reality and has a ready to die attitude. He does not distort the truth. But is willing to take the risk to do things. (nothing wrong with that)

The other person you mentioned. He lies continuously and spreads false rumors.

Open, Open, Open!!!

BREAKING NEWS: Gov Andrew Cuomo says ALL school districts in New York can reopen in the fall for in-person classes
Governor Andrew Cuomo announced on Friday that all schools in New York can start in-person learning in the fall

Buildings can reopen as long as they are in a region where the average rate of positive coronavirus tests is below 5%
In New York City, Mayor Bill de Blasio has announced that schools will reopen if it's below 3%
The city is the largest school district considering in-person learning with other cities, such as Chicago, announcing they the school year will start online classes
All students and teachers must wear masks when social distancing isn't possible

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8604917/Gov-Cuomo-says-school-districts-New-York-state-reopen-fall-person-classes.html

Because unlike California, Texas, Florida, or Arizona, New York has turned the corner and been able to keep COVID in check. They?ve been having single digit deaths per day.

It shouldn?t be too hard to comprehend. Get COVID under control, schools and shops can reopen safely.

So looks like hospitalizations and death rates have been decreasing in the OC... which is a good sign.

Is that because of the indoor closures and increase of masks? How do we know?

It was nice eating outdoors... but this heat makes it so hard. Can't even go to an indoor mall or theater for some cool air... everyone is using AC at home and now the utilities say they can't provide enough electricity?

Huh...counter intuitive...go figure, more stuff we thought was obvious turns out it is not...

The odds of catching Covid-19 on an airplane are slimmer than you think, scientists say

(CNN) ? Sitting squeezed between a number of strangers on board an aircraft might feel like a risky position during these uncertain times.
But according to some experts who point to the very few documented cases of in-flight transmission, the chances of catching Covid-19 while on board a flight are actually relatively slim.
Fear of flying during the pandemic has drastically reduced global air traffic, which has also been restricted due to border closures. If new scientific claims are borne out, the perceived heightened risk of boarding an airplane could be unfounded.
In one case, about 328 passengers and crew members were tested for coronavirus after it was learned that a March 31 flight from the US to Taiwan had been carrying 12 passengers who were symptomatic at the time. However, all the other passengers tested negative, as did the crew members.
And while there have certainly been cases of infected passengers passing the virus on to an airplane's crew or fellow travelers in recent months, the transmission rates are low.
A study recently published in medical journal JAMA Network Open found evidence of the possible spread of coronavirus during a four-hour flight from Tel Aviv to Frankfurt in March.

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/odds-catching-covid-19-flight-wellness-scn/index.html

Not really. Most thought that plane air is recycled... but it's actually filtered out more often and better than typical indoor spaces (the article mentions that).

Additionally, masks are mandatory on planes which is proven to cut down on viral spread (in case qwerty forgot). And, planes are not running at full capacity either.

This one case may be an anomaly because there are other cases where covid did spread among passengers on a plane. It all depends on what type of safety protocols are in place.

That's why mandating masks, restricing indoor socialization and enforcing other safety measures work.

Back