Congress Elections

Nah, Oregon is a half-*ss measure.  They decrimalized personal possession.  It's now a civil offense  punishable by fines and/or mandated therapy.

Sale, manufacture, etc, still felonies.

Legalize it and like pot, the wholesale price will collapse, tax revenues rocket, and quality will greatly improve.

Quality not being that important other than it decreases the amount of adulteration and other  contamination/substitution, which is important.  Unless you think we should remove the regulations on alcohol and let the restaurants cut your favorite after dinner wine with anti-freeze.

Ready2Downsize said:
nosuchreality said:
Ready2Downsize said:
morekaos said:
Nancy is right, this won?t pass and will be struck down but not until after the midterms. Blatant attempt at vote buying.
https://youtu.be/hSkyAT6Q6Uc

Nancy Pelosi Says Biden ?Does Not? Have The Power To Cancel Student Loan Debt

What next? Legalize pot? ;)

Follow Colombia, legalize Cocaine.

Going dent Police budgets though, with no civil forfeiture.

Legal in Oregon isn't it?

Pauline Kael famously commented, after the 1972 Presidential election, ‘I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don’t know. They’re outside my ken. But sometimes when I’m in a theater I can feel them.'”

Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., expressed disbelief that "anybody" would vote for Republicans, in an interview with The New York Times on Monday. The paper pressed Pelosi on "troubling" data for Democrats this November. But Pelosi "rejected the suggestion that late-breaking trends seem to favor Republicans," according to The Times.

"Part of it is, I cannot believe anybody would vote for these people," she said

😂😂😂

It’s going to be a total wipeout…😂😂😂

Americans' fears of rising crime have hit a FIVE-DECADE high, with 56% decrying an uptick in their own neighborhoods, and growing alarm over muggings, carjackings, home invasions and school attacks, says poll

· Anxiety about local crime rates jumped five percentage points this past year

· They reached the highest level since Gallup started asking the question in 1972

· The uptick has been sharpest among Republicans since Joe Biden took office

· In reality, rates of some crimes have risen, but there are signs that a pandemic increase is levelling off

· Crime is a top issue motivating voters ahead of the November 8 midterms

· People are especially concerned about muggings, carjackings, home invasions, murders, sexual assaults, and car theft

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ECADE-high-56-decry-uptick-neighborhoods.html

Violence and crime are not a republican problem...no need to overthrow the Capital...it will change hands in a year anyway...

Surging crime rate spells trouble for Democrats in 2022 elections

A rise in violent crime is endangering slim Democratic congressional majorities more than a year out from the midterm elections and threatening to revive ?law and order? as a major campaign issue for Republicans for the first time since the 1990s.

Homicides in cities increased by up to 40% over the previous year, the biggest single-year increase since 1960, a trend that has not abated so far in 2021. Sixty-three of the 66 largest police jurisdictions saw a rise in at least one category of violent crime, ranging from homicide and rape to robbery and assault, according to the Major Cities Chiefs Association. Homicides and shootings have gone up for three straight years in Washington, D.C., and at least a dozen mass shootings were reported nationwide over the weekend.

Democrats? flirtations with defunding the police ? a handful of lawmakers on the Left nearly scuttled a $1.9 billion Capitol security bill in the House ? may make them ill-equipped to handle the reemergence of crime as a top issue for voters. A reduction in the violent crime rate that began in the 1990s led to this concern receding at the ballot box, likely to the net benefit of Democratic candidates.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/politics/democrats-trouble-rising-crime-midterms
This was all so predictable…as I did, almost a year ago.

Back up data cited by the article looks convincing…But you make up your own mind, ask Paul Pelosi if crime is down in San Francisco and not a big deal.😂😂😂

Attachments

• AFC1187F-E96E-488E-A537-335F88749C67.jpeg
    AFC1187F-E96E-488E-A537-335F88749C67.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 3
What happened to Paul Pelosi is the shiats no matter ones politics. That said, I've seen plenty of hard lefties tweeting about how terrible the attack was (truth) yet celebrating the Rand Paul / Steven Scalise attacks as practically justified (false). Compassion is a rare commodity today on both sides while the encouragement of lunacy flourishes.

i’ve commented extensively about both those topics, here and in other threads. My Opinion on those issues are well known, and clear.

Saying Trump will not be found liable or that the Ukraine war is just another news story isn’t what I mean. Show me the posts where you are against that violence. I don’t remember those posts or maybe I missed them.

As the repubs wake up from their trump delusion, i may start voting for them again.

Back