Closet Organizers/Systems Recommendation?

OpenSky said:
Speaker wires... I think those are also old skool now with Sonos !
You are like a Superbowl commercial. :)

Personally, I would go the soundbar with wireless subwoofer route. But some people like "old school" 5.1 or 8.1 sound systems.

I also think Sonos is overpriced like a custom closet organization system. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
OpenSky said:
Speaker wires... I think those are also old skool now with Sonos !
You are like a Superbowl commercial. :)

Personally, I would go the soundbar with wireless subwoofer route. But some people like "old school" 5.1 or 8.1 sound systems.

I also think Sonos is overpriced like a custom closet organization system. :)

hahaha

We use Logitech Squeezebox (poor man's Sonos) with a sound bar. Three of them, to be exact, scattered throughout the house and with rechargeable battery modules. Works a treat but not as slick as Sonos, which now offers its own soundbar and sub.

bones said:
@zerolot:  haven't heard of tailored living but looking into epoxy so will add them to that list. I just found out my closet actually comes with some double hang which may even make the Rubbermaid add on thing unnecessary. Done with closets. Moving onto crown molding. Woohoo!

Tailored Living is cabinets/closet portion of Premiere Garage.  It's one and the same.  I can't say enough good things about the Premiere Garage's epoxy.  If you like the Sika brand, Premiere Garage is the only contractor that offers it.

So many people use low grade commercial epoxy.  Even had someone offer to do my epoxy using Home Depot epoxy.  That's why many people have bad experiences with epoxy not lasting.  It's like a good facial, got to get down to the pores!  :D

I wanted to give you an update on my closet/pantry.  I can't get it down to $5K.  The original quote that was given to me was mis-calculated by $3K.  So I am just down to the pantry for $2K and the kids walk-in closet for $900.  I simply can't justify $3500 for a master bedroom walk-in closet.

I'm now looking at easytrack and other systems to cut down on costs.  As much as I love the double-hang in my master closet, I need to maximize the space more efficiently.

I also discovered the wall-grid for the garage design by Premiere Garage:http://www.tailoredliving.com/garage-storage/garage-organization/

Pretty interesting stuff, am waiting on a quote to see how much that will cost.

OpenSky said:
We just priced out our master closet through ClosetWorld. It was about $2500 with basic finishes, bu. every wall has something on it ( shelving or hanging space ).

The kids master closets were ~$1300 each but they are oddly shaped - like T's, sp perhaps therein lies the difference.

All in, we ended up at about $9k for four walk in closets and a large laundry room.

The designer spent ~6 hours with us over two visits and more time offsite, tirelessly iterating options for us (I can be a PITA).

So far, we're very happy. Will report back post-install.

$2500 is a good deal.  Mine is more like $3200.  But mine comes with 8 drawers + mini counter + one giant glass cabinet for all my designer purses.  I can be a NAAN too.  Hehe 

OpenSky said:
bones said:
OpenSky said:
We just priced out our master closet through ClosetWorld. It was about $2500 with basic finishes, but every wall has something on it ( shelving or hanging space ).

The kids master closets were ~$1300 each but they are oddly shaped - like T's, sp perhaps therein lies the difference.

All in, we ended up at about $9k for four walk in closets and a large laundry room.

The designer spent ~6 hours with us over two visits and more time offsite, tirelessly iterating options for us (I can be a PITA).

So far, we're very happy. Will report back post-install.

Wow - 6 hours to talk about closets?  Even I couldn't handle that!  I always thought I was a major PITA until I came on TI.  But now I think I'm actually a pretty easy going customer! :)

In fairness, a good 2-3 hours was discussing a concept we ultimately abandoned - going whole hog in the office. Prefab stuff just made more sense. She also drew everything right there, iterating multiple designs on the spot.

the master closet is directly above the laundry room (downstairs, I know :/ ) so we are creating a laundry chute. So it will be slightly trick.

Oh I LOVE laundry chutes!  Hope it works out for you.  It's helpful & fun too!

bones said:
ZeroLot said:
I wanted to give you an update on my closet/pantry.  I can't get it down to $5K.  The original quote that was given to me was mis-calculated by $3K.  So I am just down to the pantry for $2K and the kids walk-in closet for $900.  I simply can't justify $3500 for a master bedroom walk-in closet.

What's provided by the builder for the pantry?  I found out mine comes with shelves already (fixed not adjustable) but good enough for me.  I can just supplement with some roll out drawers, baskets, etc.

Yes, same here by the builder, just fixed not adjustable shelves.  I wanted something more like the the model homes with countertops and roll out drawers and adjustable shelvings with cabinet doors.  I even added a cookie sheet cabinet.  I'll take a picture once it's in place.  I'm in love with it. 

bones said:
Hope it doesn't include the $8 an hour pancake house waitress in a trailer park. Yuck!

Cmon bones - you got something against the minimum wage earner or trailer parks? they have feelings too. if i didnt know any better i would say this comment sounded like a snooty ivy league grad mentality :)

Back