Closet Organizers/Systems Recommendation?

whome said:
bones said:
Have you considered going without?  I went down this same path last year and ended up not installing any closer organizers. The builder gave me long hang and short hang rods in the master closet. I added a cheapie 6 drawer double dresser to house folded items.  And then I purged a ton of stuff :)  everything fits nicely and I still have some empty space.  I got quotes from a few different places and just couldn't justify a couple thousand dollars to organize clothes.

I just went to the new house today and found myself thinking the exact same thing so good to know that that is a viable option.  Thanks so much for your input! Just the thing I needed to sway me away from temptation - lol.

I was thinking of maybe getting a nice dresser instead of getting built in drawers (which look really nice in the designs but could just as well be substituted with some store bought cabinets/dressers). Any recommendations for dressers?

The closet in the kids' room is so tiny I might need some built in shelves just to preserve my sanity.

I'm sure you can find a nice dresser at a number of furniture places.  For the kids closets, I feel like flexibility is key (as they get older, they may want/need different configurations) so that's why we may put in some sort of container store elfa system or this other one they sell at either Home Depot or Lowes. Still on my to do list :)

Back