Closet Organizers/Systems Recommendation?

Just a quick update:

I signed my contract with Cabinet Plus.  I like their ability to adjust all shelves and poles for the closets.  Prices are very competitive too.

I did get a quote from Tailored Living but they were just a little bit more pricey, not much.  Their wood is a bit higher quality and much thicker.  I like their countertops for the garage, much tougher and better material than Cabinets Plus.

I also like their soft close hinges.  A nice touch!  Since I upgraded all cabinets in my house to soft close anyway, I liked that option by Tailored Living.

Also all of Tailored Living Cabinets have a kicktoe stand.  Another nice touch.  But of course with all these extra features, it's a bit pricier.

To save on cost I went with Cabinets Plus.  I also love the designs by Cabinets Plus better.  Milenka is an amazing designer!  Such great attention to detail to make it perfect!

I did go with the Tailored Living Grid Panels Organizers for my garage.  I'm installing 5 to 6 of those 2' x 4' panels.

Thanks for the review, I'm planning on using Cabinet Plus also.  Just waiting for my flooring is completed so they can come in and take the measurement. 

lnc said:
Thanks for the review, I'm planning on using Cabinet Plus also.  Just waiting for my flooring is completed so they can come in and take the measurement.

Great.  Pm me on the side so I can help get you a referral discount.  :)

Milenka is really awesome.  I got a referral discount when I was referred to her.  Not sure if other Cabinets Plus designers give out discounts.

I'm getting the grid wall panel system from Premiere Garage later this week.  I actually have room left in my garage for these. 
http://www.organizeit.com/heavy-duty-garage-grid-organizer.asp

It's cheaper online and to do DIY ... but so many things have fallen off my walls after I did it myself.  So I'm going to let the professionals handle this one.

I blame the recent quake for my DIY falling off the walls.

Getting a new Master Closet organizer today and tomorrow from Cabinets Plus.  Will report back and post some pics when its all done.

aquabliss said:
Getting a new Master Closet organizer today and tomorrow from Cabinets Plus.  Will report back and post some pics when its all done.

What's the pricing like.. Aquabliss?

Does anybody know where we can buy the closet organizers that Laurel model home have?  They have the neat white railing that's adjustable.  It looks much better than typical CP product. 

Meggie said:
Does anybody know where we can buy the closet organizers that Laurel model home have?  They have the neat white railing that's adjustable.  It looks much better than typical CP product. 

California Closet?

I believe all the closet organizer in the IP's model home and all the IP's optional upgrade closet organizer are from California Closet. 

I checked CC website but it doesn't have any pictures with the white railing.  Maybe it is an option that they offer. 

Meggie said:
I checked CC website but it doesn't have any pictures with the white railing.  Maybe it is an option that they offer. 

Probably, they even have optional leather wrapped hanging bar shown in their website. 

There is CA closets in Huntington Beach and San Diego.

Are their prices higher than Cabinets Plus? Had a couple people tell me Cabinets Plus has cheap material but cheap prices too, not sure if CA closets will be better.

lnc said:
Meggie said:

California Closet?

I believe all the closet organizer in the IP's model home and all the IP's optional upgrade closet organizer are from California Closet.

I am going to try CA Closets.  Anyone use these folks know who the best designer to ask for is?http://www.yelp.com/biz/california-closets-huntington-beach-3?osq=ca+closets
They do all the IPac custom closets.  I think they have better quality than Cabinets Plus, but probably also more expensive.

I used tailored living for our garage cabinets and master closet and spent about $6,000 between the two.  very happy with the results

aquabliss said:

Did you end up liking your closets from Cabinets Plus?? Thanks in advance!

Have you considered going without?  I went down this same path last year and ended up not installing any closer organizers. The builder gave me long hang and short hang rods in the master closet. I added a cheapie 6 drawer double dresser to house folded items.  And then I purged a ton of stuff :)  everything fits nicely and I still have some empty space.  I got quotes from a few different places and just couldn't justify a couple thousand dollars to organize clothes.

bones said:
Have you considered going without?  I went down this same path last year and ended up not installing any closer organizers. The builder gave me long hang and short hang rods in the master closet. I added a cheapie 6 drawer double dresser to house folded items.  And then I purged a ton of stuff :)  everything fits nicely and I still have some empty space.  I got quotes from a few different places and just couldn't justify a couple thousand dollars to organize clothes.

I just went to the new house today and found myself thinking the exact same thing so good to know that that is a viable option.  Thanks so much for your input! Just the thing I needed to sway me away from temptation - lol.

I was thinking of maybe getting a nice dresser instead of getting built in drawers (which look really nice in the designs but could just as well be substituted with some store bought cabinets/dressers). Any recommendations for dressers?

The closet in the kids' room is so tiny I might need some built in shelves just to preserve my sanity.

Back