Closet Organizers/Systems Recommendation?

ZeroLot said:
qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:
the nice clean lines are very visually pleasing when selecting outfits in the morning.

TD needs to show up at your house and beat some man into you :)

TD will have to get past Mr. Zerolot and my 2 kids.  8)

whoops my bad! i was thinking you were a guy, im normally pretty good about remembering who is male/female, i recant my comment, i dont advocate man on woman violence, although i understand why OJ did what he did (that is a chris rock reference for those who are a fan).

That's also why I like the hanging system. You can re-arrange it, move it to another closet or take it with you.

One of the simplest things is those extension hang rods you can buy at Target that double your hanging space.

I did the master closet in my condo with Cabinets Plus.  I was a bit weary of them at first as I wasn't too impressed with their designer, but they ended up exceeding my expectations.  Their materials and installation are great - very high quality.  I still remember the installer (I think his name was Henry) did such an amazing job and asking me questions making sure I was satisfied with everything.  Anything I didn't care for they would fix or change without grumbling.

I'm now selling my condo and sad to let the closet go with it, but I have no doubt it will serve as a selling point and differentiate me from other units of the same size that are on the market. 

If I had enough money I'd use them to do my garage and office as well, perhaps when I get my new home.  I attached an image - I believe cost was around $3,500.  Sounded expensive at first but I think it was worth it.  This made may closet look WAY bigger than it did originally (since we put shelving almost up to the ceiling), and added a lot of storage as well.

Attachments

• 13a.jpg
    13a.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 261
ps9 said:
How long does it take to install?  Thinking ahead to a surprise anniversary gift for my wife.

Install is quick - within a day, but it takes some time to make after you decide on a design and give your deposit.  I think 2-3 weeks wait time.  Once they bring the assembled pieces to your home it's probably only a couple hours work.

$3500!!! Whoah.

That picture reminded me of a system my buddy used. He did it by himself and they turned out really nice.

The product is called Easy Track:
http://www.easytrack.com/

ReachInDeluxe-C.jpg

They used to be carried at OSH Hardware but you can order them online. It's less then $200 for a 4-8' starter kit and you can add on a bunch of things and still probably end up spending less than $1000 for a walk-in closet.

When he told me he was going to do it by himself, I thought he was joking because I always thought those were hard to put up. But I went over to see his progress and he was done and I was shocked. He said it was really easy because you just have to mount one thing (the Easy Track) on the wall and then everything else hangs off of it.

It comes in 3 colors -- white, truffle (a dark wood) and cherry. The white is the cheapest.

Totally forgot about this until I saw that picture that aquabliss posted.

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
$3500!!! Whoah.

I know decisions decisions.  $4k gets me a nice chanel flap.  $6k gets me that hermes purse I've been eyeing.  So to do closet or not to do closet, that is the question.

4K gets me 2000 big macs on big mac monday. $6K gets me 6,000 cheesy beefy burritos at TB or 20 hours of playtime at $300/hour  ;D

bones said:
Hey Zerolot - interested in your pantry experience and cost.  We are also thinking about doing our pantry.  Please do share details (if you can).  Thanks!

My walk-in pantry if 6' x 6'.  I requested a food prep area with cabinets below and shelving above and maybe a couple drawers if there's room.  The initial estimate is $1500.

A more detailed estimate will be given to me this Friday when my designer, Milenka, emails me.

bones said:
qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:
qwerty said:
ZeroLot said:
the nice clean lines are very visually pleasing when selecting outfits in the morning.

TD needs to show up at your house and beat some man into you :)

TD will have to get past Mr. Zerolot and my 2 kids.  8)

whoops my bad! i was thinking you were a guy, im normally pretty good about remembering who is male/female, i recant my comment, i dont advocate man on woman violence, although i understand why OJ did what he did (that is a chris rock reference for those who are a fan).

Didn't know zerolot was a woman either!  Nice to have some company here :)

Now I get all the hand bag jokes!  haha  ;D

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:
$3500!!! Whoah.

I know decisions decisions.  $4k gets me a nice chanel flap.  $6k gets me that hermes purse I've been eyeing.  So to do closet or not to do closet, that is the question.

4K gets me 2000 big macs on big mac monday. $6K gets me 6,000 cheesy beefy burritos at TB or 20 hours of playtime at $300/hour  ;D

Everyone has their own priorities.  6k means different things to different people, but are u sure the Mrs. approves of that last priority?

i dont do that stuff, i just kid around.  but i was serious about the big macs and burritos. i used to listen to Jamie white on star and one thing she said, that ill always remember (especially now) is whether an orgasm with another woman (man in her case) is worth throwing it all away. and that is a big NO.

irvinehomeowner said:
$3500!!! Whoah.

That picture reminded me of a system my buddy used. He did it by himself and they turned out really nice.

The product is called Easy Track:
http://www.easytrack.com/

ReachInDeluxe-C.jpg

They used to be carried at OSH Hardware but you can order them online. It's less then $200 for a 4-8' starter kit and you can add on a bunch of things and still probably end up spending less than $1000 for a walk-in closet.

When he told me he was going to do it by himself, I thought he was joking because I always thought those were hard to put up. But I went over to see his progress and he was done and I was shocked. He said it was really easy because you just have to mount one thing (the Easy Track) on the wall and then everything else hangs off of it.

It comes in 3 colors -- white, truffle (a dark wood) and cherry. The white is the cheapest.

Totally forgot about this until I saw that picture that aquabliss posted.

I love, love, love this idea. But unfortunately, there are no retailers close by.  :'( I was thinking about doing my closet so I just went to their website. Closest is Seal Beach then north of L.A.  :(

I'm telling you, the fit and finish of that easytrack stuff is much different than a quality organizer install.

Notice the back panels of my unit, all completely covered in the same material as the shelving.  Things like this make a big difference in enhancing the look of the organizer.  Also the thickness of the material plays a big role, even 1/4 inch difference will be noticeable. 

Remember you're going to use and look at this every day, I think it's worth the extra $.

Back