Closet Organizers/Systems Recommendation?

frenet said:
Elfa has gotten better visually. I recommend at least looking at the current offerings. Another perk is that is easy to make changes. They also provide professional installation.

This is the style we ordered. Goes in Thursday.
http://www.containerstore.com/shop/elfa/bestSellingSolutions/closets?productId=10022211&N=68559

Only con of elfa (compared to built in closets) is it is not as stable.  We currently have an elfa desk and shelves (4' wide x 7' high).  The whole thing would slightly shake if you bump or nudge it (not a lot, but still noticeable).  Otherwise, I agree on its flexibility and its way much cheaper especially if you install yourself.  But most closet designs nowadays are also flexible and they do give you extra shelves/bar or other accessories in case you want to move stuff around.

Tailored living of Orange
1927 N Glassell St
Orange, CA 92865
Serving Orange and surrounding area

(714) 279-2475

We called to tell him what we want, Scott was very good and emailed us back a drawing,  then exchanged what the cabinet shall look like,  then gave us an estimated quote.  Then came to measure the space.  Two weeks later, came to install it.  Great wook, great price.

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
gld2 said:
Tried Tailored Living with Scott,    Great price and great service. 

Is that through their OC lake forest franchise?  Do you have a #?

my wife worked with this lady at Tailored Living in Lake Forest - she had a good experience with them during the quote process

Sasha Omahana
Tailored Living
c. 949-528-5899

Why did u end up not going with them?  Price?

ultimately she did not get one, she hung up her clothes and realized she didnt really need one. our closet is pretty big (14x7). she just threw a dresser at the end of the closet for things she didnt want hanging. and then she got one of those long leather storage ottomans to sit on in the middle of the closet.

There are some cool closet systems sold at Lowe's or Home Depot that attach to your existing closet rods... including shelving, double hang rods, and mini cabinets.

It's nice to have those, especially if you have smaller rooms or want more interior room space. We gave away some dressers for one of our kids once we got a closet system because he didn't need that extra furniture.

bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
qwerty said:
bones said:
gld2 said:
Tried Tailored Living with Scott,    Great price and great service. 

Is that through their OC lake forest franchise?  Do you have a #?

my wife worked with this lady at Tailored Living in Lake Forest - she had a good experience with them during the quote process

Sasha Omahana
Tailored Living
c. 949-528-5899

Why did u end up not going with them?  Price?

ultimately she did not get one, she hung up her clothes and realized she didnt really need one. our closet is pretty big (14x7). she just threw a dresser at the end of the closet for things she didnt want hanging. and then she got one of those long leather storage ottomans to sit on in the middle of the closet.

Stop being so cheap and buy the woman some clothes and bags and more bags!! ;)

trust me, she has plenty of clothes, the entire closet is filled, so is the dresser and the shelf running accross the top of the bars - i havent touched on the subject with her but now i wonder if she does want to get one, it would be kind of pain now though.  i dont even keep my clothes in that closet. all my stuff is actually in the downstairs bedroom closet. i get ready in that bedroom in the morning.

and regarding bags, she bought two new ones in December that she hasnt even used, what a waste!

@qwerter:

You can do the Rubbermaid Closet Add-On system. It uses your existing wire closet and installs without tools:

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?CatName=ClosetShelving&SubcatId=ClosetAccessories&Prod_ID=RP092070

3s29-environment-large.jpg

Anyone brave enough to post photos of the work they got done and the price?

I'd like to get something done for my closet one day.

bones said:
Can the existing rod support all that stuff?  I know with ELFA (the container store system), you have to take out the rod and install their "track" system which nails into the studs.  Sorry, if I'm getting all the lingo wrong.... my man speak is lacking in this department...
See my Rubbermaid link to qwerter.

bones said:
Coleman said:
Anyone brave enough to post photos of the work they got done and the price?

I'd like to get something done for my closet one day.

Please only post if your SO has authentic handbags.  Otherwise the handbag police aka irvinecommuter will be on your case.

But all the nice bags come with dust bags for storage.  Wait, why would I know this?  :eek:

I need to hang with Tyler so I can increase  my masculinity more.

homer_simpson said:
bones said:
Bumping this topic.  Any other recommendations?

So far the list from the thread is:
1. Closet World - bad
2. Closet Factory - expensive
3. Cabinets Plus - good
4. California Closets - ? anyone use them before
5. Closet Solutions - ? anyone use them before

In my previous homes, I did DIY Elfa from Container Store but want more of a finished look this time.  TIA!

Just finished using Cabinets Plus... Prices were good and the service was fantastic.

I'm working with Cabinets Plus on my walk-in pantry.  So far the service and pricing has been good.  I can't wait for more ideas from my sales rep for other parts of the house (master bedroom closet) and custom cabinetry in the loft area, etc.  They do garage cabinets too. 

I got referred to Cabinets Plus from Designer Kitchens.  Designer Kitchens was more high end and they needed 6 to 9 weeks lead time.  That was too long for me and I'm so far please with my Cabinets Plus contact.  I will post more once I finalize a contract with them.

Tyler Durden said:
While the best way to handle this problem is to quit hoarding and simply have less stuff...

why not just put a 6 drawer dresser in the closet underneath the clothes that are hanging from the highest bar?  Your solution now is removable if you sell the house and allows you to not invest in something that might not be necessary.

You could fit a 6 drawer chest in there (i think it is about 30" tall) and you'll get all the storage you
need. Plus real wood looks better than that particle board crap that most closet companies sell.

colfax-six-drawer-dresser.jpg

That would be a good idea too.  I will most likely resort to putting dressers in the walk-in closet if the quotes come out too high. 

But a well designed walk-in closet is suppose to better organization and the nice clean lines are very visually pleasing when selecting outfits in the morning.  Don't believe me, ask the Mrs.

ZeroLot said:
the nice clean lines are very visually pleasing when selecting outfits in the morning.

TD needs to show up at your house and beat some man into you :)

Back