Central Park West thoughts?

frank69m said:
By the way, can someone confirm this. Someone here on the board mentioned the school district of Centra Park West is Santa Ana...but in the newspaper last or the week before, it mentioned Irvine School District...does anyone know which one?

I mentioned the school boundaries/zoning earlier in this thread. You should cancel your newspaper subscription because they have shoddy reporting. :)

CPW is definitely Santa Ana school district, via their FAQ:http://www.cpwliving.com/faq.aspx

What school district serves this community?
Santa Ana Unified School District. For more information, visit www.sausd.k12.ca.us.

Fail on top of more fail.

IndieDev said:
I mentioned the school boundaries/zoning earlier in this thread. You should cancel your newspaper subscription because they have shoddy reporting. :)

CPW is definitely Santa Ana school district, via their FAQ:http://www.cpwliving.com/faq.aspx

Well, i know you mentioned that. I was just confused because I know it said Irvine School districts in some ad and it threw me off.

you should get that straight: 

south coast metro south of Sunflower is city of costa mesa

south cost metro otherwise is $20k/yr of private school tuition.

IndieDev said:
cvballa said:
Bump!

We havent talked about this in a couple months.  Does anyone have any updates on how well these are selling?  What is the progress been like on construction?

Thanks

They aren't selling. They won't, ever. Read the previous post in this thread.

They will sell at the right price, but they are still 20% overpriced in my book.  I still think it will be a great development when finished, but that seems to be a few years off still. 

cvballa said:
IndieDev said:
cvballa said:
Bump!

We havent talked about this in a couple months.  Does anyone have any updates on how well these are selling?  What is the progress been like on construction?

Thanks

They aren't selling. They won't, ever. Read the previous post in this thread.

They will sell at the right price, but they are still 20% overpriced in my book.  I still think it will be a great development when finished, but that seems to be a few years off still.

Okay, you're right. They will sell well.  :D

cvballa said:

they read like puff pieces...  with the 2nd article reading like a cut and paste job out of a brochure.  Almost no doubt it is just cut and paste because who else would thrown in the "registered trademark" circle-R...  So my thought would be to ignore the articles - maybe Lennar is actually desparate and is trying to drum up some "jump on the bandwagon and come on down" sales...  lazy commuters is the only reason why i could imagine a single person or "urban couple" would want to buy there.  I know a couple of medical professionals relocating to the area.  Even though single, they do have the ability to think 5+ years down the road and can foresee themselves married with children.  That's why even the they are looking at larger SFRs or detached condos in the area. 

Only person I know there lives there mon-thur.  Her law firm rents her the place as she is working at their Irvine office for a year or so.

Maybe lots of corps will buy them as pied-a-terres?

The only way CPW will retain any value in the future is if it has a defensible water supply, and enough tillable land to support a small population of survivors during the Second American Revolution.

cvballa said:

The same people that wrote these articles are the same ones that said this is the Irvine School District :)

Like I said earlier, I went there 3 or so weeks ago, and it was completely empty except one other couple. And this wasn't one home, it was walking around the neighborhood.

And if you want your kids to have asthma, I would buy there too since its so close to the airport and freeway, hey why not.

I can almost guarantee you if you are looking to make some money out of these homes, you won't. There is no freakin market.

IndieDev said:
The only way CPW will retain any value in the future is if it has a defensible water supply, and enough tillable land to support a small population of survivors during the Second American Revolution First Zombie Apocalypse.
Fixed.

Walking Dead comic >>>>> (+infinity) Walking Dead TV series.

I admit I'm a zombie-holic, but I think that goes more towards my affinity for end-of-world catastrophes (like we were supposed to experience in Irvine Real Estate).
What would you do?
I've actually asked myself that question,  other than going up to Shady Canyon and clearing out a nice McMansion for myself (pros: Elevated and near Albertson's for food raids; cons: near Hoag and Kaiser where more Zeds would surely be hanging out), is there really any future where the threat of the undead greatly outnumber the living?

Military might isn't the solution people think it is when it comes to zombies... esp if anyone who dies turns into one (not just bitten people). I remember reading some book that tried to explain why at the beginning of such an event, soldiers would be ineffective because they are overconfident in armed ground combat. Against a normal enemy, most ammunition would stop their advancement due to fear, loss of morale and wounds... not zombies. And since they are trained for center mass targeting and not head shots, by the time they adjust their tactics, they will probably get overrun by them and their own recently undeaded-selves. If they stick to aerial and long range combat, they'll be okay but the initial confusion of what is actually happening (plague? sickness? mass dementia) it might be too late to properly organize a defense (unless of course there is some "Zombie Counter Tactics" that the military has trained for).

Basically... no one can be prepared for something that is impossible.

/endzombiejack (man... I'm bored)

books

Great bathroom reading:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS393US393&q=zombie+survival+guide&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4948039778986383934&sa=X&ei=6tGUTfW5E6-40QGLyrjuCw&ved=0CC8Q8wIwAg#

Toured Astoria a couple weeks back with a friend who wanted to check them out.  The agent said they took them off the market cuz they were priced too high!  Haha.... I laughed.  They released the last phase of Chelsea I believe...... which is interesting.  I guess there are still some people who want to own here.

cvballa said:
Toured Astoria a couple weeks back with a friend who wanted to check them out.  The agent said they took them off the market cuz they were priced too high!  Haha.... I laughed.  They released the last phase of Chelsea I believe...... which is interesting.  I guess there are still some people who want to own here.
Did they re-release with lower prices???

USCTrojanCPA said:
cvballa said:
Did they re-release with lower prices???

Not yet, but I am now on their contact list so when they do I am sure they will send me something.  Ill let everyone know when I hear something.  I cannot imagine they will raise their prices, but if they can price them under $300 a sqft I think they will sell.  Anything much over that will be hard to move.

Back