Cambria @ Stonegate Grand Opening on Jan. 26th

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
My next husband is going to be Asian!
Is there a sign up sheet?

Start one.

Top 5 reasons Asian guys are awesome:

1) They have really cool hair!
2) You've never seen a homeless Asian man and never will.
3) (^they are smart / ambitious / always have good jobs.)
4) They're very sweet & family-oriented. O.k., that's two.
5) Some of them totally dig "us". <--- rumor sparked by popular Youtube confessionals.

SoCal said:
P.S. I CAN understand a white person wanting to live in Irvine if that person is married to an Asian spouse. (Trace. Love you!) It would make more sense.

I could easily imagine if I had an Asian husband and he insisted we live there. Then whatever he wants is what we would do. I go where he goes. If I couldn't convince him to live in my white world (kidding) then Irvine would be acceptable - not because I believe the homes are a smart buy but for cultural reasons.

My next husband is going to be Asian! So, we'll seeeee!  ;)

Your future Asian husband sounds really controlling. Maybe you should rethink your pretend future with him?

qwerty said:
SoCal said:
I seriously can not believe the comment about the blond saleslady! That one got to me. Imagine how she would feel reading this, being compared to a prostitute? And to think - FOUR men I've known a long time gave it a virtual high-5. Seriously?!?

C'mon SoCal lighten up!!  I don't think she was being compared to the prostitute. I interpreted the comment to mean that the sales lady was eye candy for the Asian men. That is a far cry from being a prostitute. This practice occurs everywhere. I talk to commercial and investment banks on a regular basis and there is always a hot woman on the team. You should see the gals at JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.

I have never seen a hot woman on any team in my investment banking days.  Throwing in a pretty woman in a room full of desk jockey nerds would be trouble.

If you wanna see pretty gals, pharmaceutical sales reps get my nod!

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
My next husband is going to be Asian!
Is there a sign up sheet?

Start one.

Top 5 reasons Asian guys are awesome:

1) They have really cool hair!
2) You've never seen a homeless Asian man and never will.
3) (^they are smart / ambitious / always have good jobs.)
4) They're very sweet & family-oriented. O.k., that's two.
5) Some of them totally dig "us". <--- rumor sparked by popular Youtube confessionals.

#5 is pretty true..  :D

homer_simpson said:
qwerty said:
SoCal said:
I seriously can not believe the comment about the blond saleslady! That one got to me. Imagine how she would feel reading this, being compared to a prostitute? And to think - FOUR men I've known a long time gave it a virtual high-5. Seriously?!?

C'mon SoCal lighten up!!  I don't think she was being compared to the prostitute. I interpreted the comment to mean that the sales lady was eye candy for the Asian men. That is a far cry from being a prostitute. This practice occurs everywhere. I talk to commercial and investment banks on a regular basis and there is always a hot woman on the team. You should see the gals at JP Morgan and Goldman Sachs.

I have never seen a hot woman on any team in my investment banking days.  Throwing in a pretty woman in a room full of desk jockey nerds would be trouble.

If you wanna see pretty gals, pharmaceutical sales reps get my nod!

Homer - sounds like you were the banker, not sure how often you went on sales pitches. But they always bring us the hot chicks trying to sell us business. A girl in college I knew became a pharma sales rep and she was pretty hot.

Oh I pitched alright...err..I mean yeah!!.  :-\

Was with GS and not one looker on our team.  However, in the PE side there are a few  :D... You would think the opposite.

SoCal said:
qwerty said:

"fully service the clients walking through your doors" - "that is what the blonde agent is for"

"Fully service the clients" to you means... ogling?? See, to me, the "joke" is she's a blond bimbo which is a pretty typical thing to say. In a post before that the poor lady was already characterized as an airhead who gets defensive with clients because she doesn't know her stuff like men do. I didn't complain about that one.

I still think it infers more than you think it does but if that's what it meant to you, so be it. Fair enough. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, I whole-heartedly agree with you the practice of which you speak DOES occur. I know for an absolute fact, from personal experience, it does.

the whole "sales" process is about convincing people to buy from you, rather than the next guy.  even the male sales team is commonly stocked with 'spokesmodels', and they too are euphemistically referred to as "prostitutes" (or something less printable).

that I made the observation that a white blonde woman was on the sales team that was assembled to appeal to FCB males, for the purpose of attracting their attention, was I think an 'astute observation'

if you think that such observations are too politically incorrect, while the thread has since devolved into racial stereotyping in general (which you are participating in), seems to suggest to me that *you* are the one that has a skewed sense of what is 'decent'

freedomcm said:
the whole "sales" process is about convincing people to buy from you, rather than the next guy.  even the male sales team is commonly stocked with 'spokesmodels', and they too are euphemistically referred to as "prostitutes" (or something less printable).

that I made the observation that a white blonde woman was on the sales team that was assembled to appeal to FCB males, for the purpose of attracting their attention, was I think an 'astute observation'

if you think that such observations are too politically incorrect, while the thread has since devolved into racial stereotyping in general (which you are participating in), seems to suggest to me that *you* are the one that has a skewed sense of what is 'decent'

Freedom, I have met you. You are not Asian. Let's let somebody who would actually have a dog in this fight decide if what I wrote is indecent stereotyping. I am not too proud of a person to apologize. (Are you?) So. If any Asian men reading this are upset that I have said in my eyes you are: sweet, cute, smart, and have good values, etc.... come talk to me.

Back to your "joke", your new "astute observation" written above was not at all what you said. You seem a little defensive.

Oh, believe me. I am the last person to have a problem with politically incorrect comments. Like I already said, for example, I didn't raise an issue with women being called defensive airheads compared to their savvy male counterparts. I want people here to be free to say what they want but that means I am also free to express myself, too. I did think it was going a little too far singling out the one specific saleslady at Cambria. She's not here to defend herself. I have been in her shoes. I wouldn't have appreciated someone saying those things about me, making that kind of joke at my expense.

You can post whatever jokes you'd like. Nobody is stopping you. But when you make comments like that on a public forum, you have to be prepared for whatever reaction you may get. It is not the end of the world but it is an off-color remark.

Any news on the Cambria front?  Thanks.  Can we please keep these posts focused on the issue at hand?

Maybe the two of you can meet and fight about it in the parking lot.  I think most of us want to keep it about housing.

Thanks! 

I am going against my better judgment mentioning this but I really don't see the difference b/w either of you.  Whether good or bad, stereotypes don't help any group of people.  We're no longer seen as individuals but a list someone else has made for us and others believe; whether it's true or not. It makes us as small as the homes that we buy in Irvine.

none said:
Any news on the Cambria front?  Thanks.  Can we please keep these posts focused on the issue at hand?

Maybe the two of you can meet and fight about it in the parking lot.  I think most of us want to keep it about housing.

Thanks! 

Nope, housing is the boring stuff. It's everything else that's interesting.

FYI. Saratoga has an Asian chick who isn't to bright and wears tight clothes. so it's not only blondes

I don't think I would be offended if I were the salesgirl reading the comment.  Good looking people sell more than ugly people.  Plus there is that TED talk by the model who said being a tall white girl put you in better standings to become a model.  (better to sell stuff)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4Xe6Dlp0Y[/youtube]

stopped by Cambria.  The sales ladies wouldn't tell me how many people were on the waiting list but did mention that there were more people on the waiting list than there were homes to be sold. 

The Cambria price point ($500Ks) is what I hear my rental neighbors looking for.  Too bad, they are already "sold out."  I wonder what will be the next products coming out in the $500ks.

SunCare said:
stopped by Cambria.  The sales ladies wouldn't tell me how many people were on the waiting list but did mention that there were more people on the waiting list than there were homes to be sold. 

The Cambria price point ($500Ks) is what I hear my rental neighbors looking for.  Too bad, they are already "sold out."  I wonder what will be the next products coming out in the $500ks.

I would believe the TIC sales rep as far as I could throw them.:p The size of the wait list is all BS/marketing talk to generate interest and get you to buy now or be priced out forever.

SunCare said:

Full length/premium driveway, 1 foot setback all the way around the house, sun room in the garage, second story that almost overhangs into your neighbors yard, etc...

Went to Cambria today on my way back home from Home Depot.  I can't believe the HOA is $288 per month.  You pay $110 per month to be part of the Stinkgate Community Association (who doesn't do jack about the people that leave out their trash bins until Saturday).  Trash day is Wednesday.

Then there is another $178 for the Cambria Neighborhood Association.  I wonder what do you get for the $178?

Residence 1 is $521K, 1503 square feet
Residence 2 is $548K, 1554 square feet
Residence 3 is $579K, 1690 square feet (still feels more cramp than San Mateo Residence 2 at 1660 square feet)

Choose from 2 unit (both 2 and 3),
3 unit (2-1-3) , or
4 unit designs (3-2-1-3).

Back