Cambria @ Stonegate Grand Opening on Jan. 26th

Hi All

I am a newbie here and i am in the interest list(pre qualified) for cambria. The backyard is the selling point for me. But the rooms are smaller , so thats a bummer.  I found the tract HOA to be 190$.  What and all it would cover? i got the public report from IP but its 200 pages :) .  Does it cover the harzardous insurance also?

LifeinIrvine

I picked up the price sheet Cambria on Saturday while registering a client.  The broker co-op for Cambria is $10k.  I was a bit surprised that the prices are north of $330/sf for an attached condo (we were below $300/sf last year).  I'll upload the price sheet later on today for phase 1.

LiefinIrvine said:
Hi All

I am a newbie here and i am in the interest list(pre qualified) for cambria. The backyard is the selling point for me. But the rooms are smaller , so thats a bummer.  I found the tract HOA to be 190$.  What and all it would cover? i got the public report from IP but its 200 pages :) .  Does it cover the harzardous insurance also?

LifeinIrvine

I thought someone here mentioned that the listed HOA was incorrect?  I would expect a dual HOA tract to have an total HOA more than $190. (Stonegate HOA + Cambria tract HOA).

Backyard is a selling point?  What backyard?

USCTrojanCPA said:
I picked up the price sheet Cambria on Saturday while registering a client.  The broker co-op for Cambria is $10k.  I was a bit surprised that the prices are north of $330/sf for an attached condo (we were below $300/sf last year).  I'll upload the price sheet later on today for phase 1.

Trojan, are you able to compare these attached townhomes to Stonegate East's Los Altos and "forgot the other tract name"?  I agree that these seem to be more expensive than those. 

kubert13 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Trojan, are you able to compare these attached townhomes to Stonegate East's Los Altos and "forgot the other tract name"?  I agree that these seem to be more expensive than those. 
I know which ones you are talking about (they are larger than the Cambria ones though).  But yes, that's what I was thinking about when I mentioned that the prices for attached condos in the area have risen by 10% in the past year or so.  Heck, attached condos in Woodbury went from the high $200/sf to now being over $300/sf today.

[/quote]

Compared to Los Altos, Cambria's great room feels more squished and does not have the built in desk option (which triumphs the ugly barn door pantry). I believe a plan 3 Los Altos sold for around 540K last year. If Cambria was a mirror to Los altos, I would have no problem paying the 575K, but since the main living area feels super squished, I'll have to pay the premium for San Mateo.

JasonTheArtist said:

Compared to Los Altos, Cambria's great room feels more squished and does not have the built in desk option (which triumphs the ugly barn door pantry). I believe a plan 3 Los Altos sold for around 540K last year. If Cambria was a mirror to Los altos, I would have no problem paying the 575K, but since the main living area feels super squished, I'll have to pay the premium for San Mateo.
[/quote]

My guess is that TIC will hold back San Mateo 3 until there is good sell through of Cambria.  They know that there are many perspective buyers that would buy San Mateo 3 versus Cambria if both were available but figures it can get the motivated buyers who want to buy something sooner rather than later.

USCTrojanCPA said:
JasonTheArtist said:

My guess is that TIC will hold back San Mateo 3 until there is good sell through of Cambria.  They know that there are many perspective buyers that would buy San Mateo 3 versus Cambria if both were available but figures it can get the motivated buyers who want to buy something sooner rather than later.
[/quote]

Makes perfect since, and based on the current market, there are allot of erratic delusional buyers out there that are driving the prices up and will probably hike up the price of San Mateo 3.

JasonTheArtist said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
JasonTheArtist said:

Makes perfect since, and based on the current market, there are allot of erratic delusional buyers out there that are driving the prices up and will probably hike up the price of San Mateo 3.
[/quote]
The increasing prices of San Mateo (whether it be 2 or 3) will drive those marginal buyers of San Mateo down to Cambria as they are getting priced out of San Mateo. 

I guess the price for San Mateo III will be higher than the San Mateo II. Or a lot of people will just go with the San Mateo instead of the Cambria.

I was told by the blonde sales rep at San Mateo that more are planned to be released this coming March.  But who knows...

On a side note, my little gripe of the day, :)))I don't know if TIC ppl lurk on these boards, but she is a very difficult person to deal with.  I prefer the men, some of the women have an attitude, not becoming of customer service.  I am thinking they get defensive because they don't know anything and don't know how to do their job. I've been told different things by different reps on different days.  Or she sees Asian people like cattle since Irvine comprises of such a large population of one minority group.  Who knows.. it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to be treated poorly while I  shell out a lot of dough on their box homes.  I'd think TIC could at least provide good customer service. 

TIC needs to hire more Chinese speakers and fire the English only salespeople.  Sorry TIC employees, but if you can't speak mandarin, you can't fully service the clients walking through your doors.

test said:
none said:
The first 6 are sold out and they put us on a waiting list.  They will start emailing in 2 weeks.

Didn't broda say you can just walk in and say I want this one, or is that just a load of crap.

This tactic doesn't work on grand opening day when you have 20 cash buyers waiting to beat you to the punch with a suitcase full of cash.  I did this on a quiet Wednesday morning while no one was in there.  TIC sales rep were like yeah no one has an offer on that, so if you want it, it can be yours.

But I did check out Cambria on Saturday and it was definitely a madhouse.  There were definitely a high volume of Chinese people there and all the units released already had a sold button on them.  Pretty insane for attached townhomes in this price range.  I definitely would pick San Mateo over these...and everyone is right.  San Mateo 3 is going to get way inflated now because of the high demand of homes in this price range. 

I feel like since these seem to be doing well, TIC is going to push out more attached homes in this price range to build more homes and turn around a greater profit now.

Last week the IP Sales Rep told me they will release the second phase this week.  Anybody has any internal info on how much units and howmany people are already in the interest list?

This is so crazy but I actually went to the Cambria Grand Opening! Why, I dunno. We got there kind of late, so the random steel drum Caribbean-cruise-ship-style band and the hot chocolate station were wrapping up. There were still lots of people there, though. Mostly Asian and Indian. I think I saw like five white people...and one was my reflection in a mirror.

There was a lot of muttering about how Phase I had already sold out. This early selling was obviously a tactic to create hype and demand, but it seemed like it was working and making people crazy. We were just there for fun, because I enjoy looking at homes I have no intention of buying, and I like seeing the latest home design and decor trends. Also, my son and I hid in some closets and it really freaked people out when they opened the doors and saw us crouching in there. Har, har. My husband told me I was immature and went to go get a free bottle of water at that point. Whatever, what a killjoy.

Anyway, I thought the homes were small and apartment-y but decent, if you are looking for a smallish attached condo. I did think the master bathrooms were too large for the square footage of the homes, but that's always my complaint about new houses. I suppose everyone wants a rich person's bathroom, even if they can't afford a rich person's house.

traceimage said:
This is so crazy but I actually went to the Cambria Grand Opening! Why, I dunno. We got there kind of late, so the random steel drum Caribbean-cruise-ship-style band and the hot chocolate station were wrapping up. There were still lots of people there, though. Mostly Asian and Indian. I think I saw like five white people...and one was my reflection in a mirror.

There was a lot of muttering about how Phase I had already sold out. This early selling was obviously a tactic to create hype and demand, but it seemed like it was working and making people crazy. We were just there for fun, because I enjoy looking at homes I have no intention of buying, and I like seeing the latest home design and decor trends. Also, my son and I hid in some closets and it really freaked people out when they opened the doors and saw us crouching in there. Har, har. My husband told me I was immature and went to go get a free bottle of water at that point. Whatever, what a killjoy.

Anyway, I thought the homes were small and apartment-y but decent, if you are looking for a smallish attached condo. I did think the master bathrooms were too large for the square footage of the homes, but that's always my complaint about new houses. I suppose everyone wants a rich person's bathroom, even if they can't afford a rich person's house.

Traceimage: As a white person, how do you and other Caucasians feel about all of the Asians in Irvine?  As an Asian myself, I'm concerned Irvine is becoming too Asian centric and it seems like other ethnic groups are voluntarily segregating themselves e.g. whites moving to So. O.C.  Any thoughts/comments?

ak said:
traceimage said:

Traceimage: As a white person, how do you and other Caucasians feel about all of the Asians in Irvine?  As an Asian myself, I'm concerned Irvine is becoming too Asian centric and it seems like other ethnic groups are voluntarily segregating themselves e.g. whites moving to So. O.C.  Any thoughts/comments?

I agree.

I seriously can not believe the comment about the blond saleslady! That one got to me. Imagine how she would feel reading this, being compared to a prostitute? And to think - FOUR men I've known a long time gave it a virtual high-5. Seriously?!?

Back