Cambria @ Stonegate Grand Opening on Jan. 26th

woodburyowner said:
none said:
When I went to visit Cambria and the others, I felt the representatives felt they were doing me a favor, when I am the customer.  Some were a little snooty. 
Only in Irvine!  :)

Sounds like 2005/2006 all over again.  I experienced the same thing back then and even witnessed a lady retaliate against the sales agent when she told her to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get qualified before the agent would provide more info on the property.  The potential home owner swatted everything around the table to the floor and was screaming and yelling.  After storming out, she took all the trash from her car, came back and threw all the trash in the sales office.  Quite a scene.   
Youtube or it didn't happen!

Seriously... I would have loved to see this in person.

none said:
I thought it was 8 for Residence 1, 44 for 2R and 44 for Plan 3.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I visited them last week and I believe these were the numbers but not positive.  BTW, what happens after you pre-qualify?  I was told you get on the preferred waiting list and you wait for them to call you to see if you want to buy a home.  I was told you get 24 hours to decide whether or not you want a home and then they go down the list to the next number...sorry, person.

When I went to visit Cambria and the others, I felt the representatives felt they were doing me a favor, when I am the customer.  Some were a little snooty. 
Only in Irvine!  :)

Once you pre-qual and the dollar amount meets the other communities price range...you can use it for anything within stonegate.  they will just call for the paperwork.  That preferred list...it's BS.  That's only for the houses that don't sell well.  San Mateo and Saratoga...if you tell them I want this...it's yours.  You will move ahead of anyone on that list.  Why call people when you have buyers in the office .

When I first pre-qual they said I was 9th on the list.  i told the sale person I want this...she said if you have your checkbook we can lock i up right now.  Done and Done.

irvinehomeowner said:
Youtube or it didn't happen!

Seriously... I would have loved to see this in person.

Unfortunately, I think I was using a candy bar Nokia at the time.  I remember the sales agent's hands were trembling and she was almost brought to tears after the whole ordeal.  Oh well.. she didn't treat me that well either so I didn't feel too much pity for her.

So, for example, if I decide to buy a home tomorrow for $500K, how much of a deposit do they normally ask for? 

Thanks Broda.  Good to know. 

broda said:
looks like the rain is going to make the hot chocolate valid....sorry guys

Not only is IP known for quality workmanship, they can also control the weather.  They gave away info bags with 2 chick-fil-a breakfast coupons.  Brownie, water, and hot chocolate bar.

Hop Scotch covered tent that was wet for the kids.  What if Residence 2 and Residence 3 of San Mateo decided to hook up and make a baby?  You get Cambria!

Seems a bit cramp compared to San Mateo but the layout for a townhouse was not bad.  I think the common wall is the garage.  If you are a skinny Asian, then Cambria is perfect for you.

Look at the models and you will see how practical the townhouses are.  Rice cooker in the way?  You can order a barn door to hide the shelf in the kitchen area.  Or use the cabinet that looks like a bread bin to hide your rice cooker and pinto beans.

What about entertainment?  Just invite your friends over for a friendly game of ping pong in your garage.

none said:
So, for example, if I decide to buy a home tomorrow for $500K, how much of a deposit do they normally ask for? 

Thanks Broda.  Good to know.

standard deposit should be 15K to reserve your place. 

Looking forward to seeingthese.  Been shocked at how the prices at Sage have skyrocketed since they opened.  For eg. Plan 2 started at $629 K and now it's over $7, the smallest plan was in the high 5's now well over 6.  Plan 2 has gone up $100,000!  So it's possible others above are right, these might appeal to people wanting to stay in the 5's but would think people would go for San Mateo since they are detached........

The sales lady said there are 77 homes available for this phase with a very healthy list.  Releasing 6 at a time.  The first 6 are sold out and they put us on a waiting list.  They will start emailing in 2 weeks.
The floor plans were nice but can't be sure where they are attached.  We were told that some were by the garage and roof but looking at the plans, it seems there are attached by a lot more than that for all of them. 

Would love to buy a San Mateo, who wouldn't?  But finances keep many of us in attached homes, unfortunately. 

I knew we were in a seller's market now... but when did that happen?  Will it be a buyer's market when those foreclosures are ever released?  Our economy is doing poorly, unemployment is high yet I cannot see the effects on Irvine. 

none said:
The first 6 are sold out and they put us on a waiting list.  They will start emailing in 2 weeks.

Didn't broda say you can just walk in and say I want this one, or is that just a load of crap.

I guess it worked for Broda for the property he purchased but it is not true for the Cambria's.  I suppose every property is different and right now, it is more of a seller's market.  We are actually on a preferred waiting list as everything is sold out.  They will have more available in 2 weeks time in which they will start emailing ppl on the list and giving each person 24 hours to respond.  We offered to buy on the spot and was shot down.
You can't buy what they don't have.  It was all sold out so we have to wait to hear back.

im guessing the reason they wont sell you something on the spot from the next phase after one phase is sold out is because they have not set their pricing strategy (how much will they raise it) for the next phase.

none said:
The sales lady said there are 77 homes available for this phase with a very healthy list.  Releasing 6 at a time.  The first 6 are sold out and they put us on a waiting list.  They will start emailing in 2 weeks.
The floor plans were nice but can't be sure where they are attached.  We were told that some were by the garage and roof but looking at the plans, it seems there are attached by a lot more than that for all of them. 

Would love to buy a San Mateo, who wouldn't?  But finances keep many of us in attached homes, unfortunately. 

I knew we were in a seller's market now... but when did that happen?  Will it be a buyer's market when those foreclosures are ever released?  Our economy is doing poorly, unemployment is high yet I cannot see the effects on Irvine.

the next 6 will be available very soon, the first 12 are being built and closed at the same time.  there is a long 'interest' list however ("700" they said which probably includes email interest). you should get preapproved asap if you are truly interested to get on the priority list.

the attached part depends on the # of units in the building. there are duplex, triplex, and quadplex.  i can only speak for the triplex, but for plan1/2 they only share the garage and NO bedroom which is nice, while plan 3 shares the garage with the plan2 staircase. plan3 bedroom also partly shares with the next door staircase

sillyrabbit said:
there is a long 'interest' list however ("700" they said which probably includes email interest). you should get preapproved asap if you are truly interested to get on the priority list.
That's the party line for every builder.  The 1st couple of phases always sell well for any new development.  As long as you have your financials in order and have the deposit ready, you'll be ok, but getting prequaled gets you on the "priority list" to buy.  But TIC will sell to anyone with the money.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't agree  that TIC will sell to anyone with money; at least not right now.
I would have bought that day.  I was prequalified with Wells Fargo, their preferred lender and had the money to buy.  I will say they probably do smell blood in the water though. 

They were not willing to sell and put us on a waiting list.  If there is some secret, let me know.  I got on last week, and then it was less than a 100 people.  So, 700 seems almost unbelieveable.  Just in a few days time?  The Grand Opening must have gone well.

That's what I was thinking.  I know Irvine is nice but this is ridiculous.  We have been waiting and waiting... did we miss something?  I really thought prices would get lower by now.  I'm ready to buy but the inventory is so low, we are now trying to buy a Cambria in Stonegate now--something I never thought I would do, since it's a travesty the amount of MR and HOA's they charge.  But we are tired of waiting and we have to suck it up.  Now, I wished I bought last year--had I known we'd go the way of the tract homes of New Construction.  I suppose TIC always wins.

none said:
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don't agree  that TIC will sell to anyone with money; at least not right now.
I would have bought that day.  I was prequalified with Wells Fargo, their preferred lender and had the money to buy.  I will say they probably do smell blood in the water though. 

They were not willing to sell and put us on a waiting list.  If there is some secret, let me know.  I got on last week, and then it was less than a 100 people.  So, 700 seems almost unbelieveable.  Just in a few days time?  The Grand Opening must have gone well.
We're really saying the same thing.  I meant TIC will sell to anybody if they have the cash or financing ready, but if the demand is high, then they'll go by the waiting/priority list to have some semblance of fairness.  The builders are lucky right now with resale inventory so low, but I still can't see demand for this type of product continuing past the initial phases, but who knows...Irvine is unique when it comes to real estate.  Good luck with the purchase.

Despite it was raining on Saturday morning, Cambria model homes were packed with people...
On the other side of the town, I heard the gun show in Costa Mesa was also packed as thousands of people were waiting in line @ 7 am (show starts at 9) because apparently there has been shortage of ammos and guns.

New homes and guns are the two hottest items right now..what kind of world we are living in?  ::)

Plan 2 of the triplex is the best one as only the garage is attached, nothing else. You also get two side yards and the same number of windows as let's say, San Mateo's plan 2.

Also can't TIC be more subliminal about selling the new homes to a particular ethnic group? Rice cooker and ping pong table? Egret/Swallows for the park names?(Egret/Swallows are the birds that Chinese recognize more) They might as well print the brochures in Chinese and start accepting suitcases full of cash in RMB.

sillyrabbit said:
none said:

the next 6 will be available very soon, the first 12 are being built and closed at the same time.  there is a long 'interest' list however ("700" they said which probably includes email interest). you should get preapproved asap if you are truly interested to get on the priority list.

the attached part depends on the # of units in the building. there are duplex, triplex, and quadplex.  i can only speak for the triplex, but for plan1/2 they only share the garage and NO bedroom which is nice, while plan 3 shares the garage with the plan2 staircase. plan3 bedroom also partly shares with the next door staircase

Back