Beacon Park, Yea or Nay?

Are you still planning to purchase in Beacon Park?

• Total voters
Swordfish said:
eyephone said:
Swordfish said:
I was quite keen on BP until the builder's event. Very few of the plans had what I was looking for and the initial pricing seemed to have a premium of $50K to $100K above what I could rationalize when I factor in the high MR. The cemetery is a deal breaker for my wife. For me it is a major concern because of the demographics of Irvine and the likely negative impact the cemetery will have on a large pool of potential buyers. I have signed a contract on a new home in Stonegate instead.

You gave up on Johns Creek?
Yes. My wife is being asked to relocate back to SoCal. If it wasn't for that i would be well on the way to a new home in Johns Creek, where i get most of the same benefits of Irvine for about 1/3rd the cost and no cemetery!
Don't you live in Georgia?

I don't even know if this is sarcasm.

Swordfish said:
I was quite keen on BP until the builder's event. Very few of the plans had what I was looking for and the initial pricing seemed to have a premium of $50K to $100K above what I could rationalize when I factor in the high MR. The cemetery is a deal breaker for my wife. For me it is a major concern because of the demographics of Irvine and the likely negative impact the cemetery will have on a large pool of potential buyers. I have signed a contract on a new home in Stonegate instead.

i thought you were a veteran and you were pro-cemetery.

iacrenter said:
Swordfish said:

TIC wins again. Perception is reality--even the threat of a cemetery is scaring buyers to the arms of TIC. Stonegate, Eastwood, and Orchard Hills will be the winners.

Isn't TIC going to have some pockets of properties next to the proposed site anyways?

After looking at all of the new communities in the last sever years, they're all deficient in some form or another. 

I hope they build a gated community in PS off of Modjeska and no FCB's buy due to cemetery proximity.  I'll gladly take one. 

ps9 said:
If this informal survey is even halfway accurate, I see some downward pricing pressure for BP.  Which means some good potential upside for early buyers if the cemetery plans never takes shape.  True single family residence in Irvine with a yard for sub million? 

Who knows though. Thoughts and opinions on greenwood weren't that favorable on TI either and it appears everything is selling there - even the large homes and the ones backing jamboree. That new home smell... it's like a drug.

bones said:
ps9 said:
If this informal survey is even halfway accurate, I see some downward pricing pressure for BP.  Which means some good potential upside for early buyers if the cemetery plans never takes shape.  True single family residence in Irvine with a yard for sub million? 

Who knows though. Thoughts and opinions on greenwood weren't that favorable on TI either and it appears everything is selling there - even the large homes and the ones backing jamboree. That new home smell... it's like a drug.

A fresh coat of paint will give you that smell.  :)

The price for a new home at greenwood is a deal compard to Irvine, I doubt bp will have the same deal as the first phases of pp, as we already kinda know the ballpark figure at the meet the builder event

AW said:
The price for a new home at greenwood is a deal compard to Irvine, I doubt bp will have the same deal as the first phases of pp, as we already kinda know the ballpark figure at the meet the builder event

True. But I think the pricing at greenwood was higher than expected and still selling. I'm not saying BP will do gangbusters, but also know that TI is a very small sample of the irvine market.

bones said:
ps9 said:

The TI crowd is quite pick with their homes..Giant lot, 3CG, and no FCBs.  I think BP just has been realistic about its pricing.  Baker's Ranch is running into a similar problem.

Irvinecommuter said:
bones said:
ps9 said:

The TI crowd is quite pick with their homes..Giant lot, 3CG, and no FCBs.  I think BP just has been realistic about its pricing.  Baker's Ranch is running into a similar problem.

I believe Lambert Ranch also had similar negative reviews when they were released. Then they started to sell like hot cakes.

Look at these lot sizes at Torrey Beacon Park! Those backyards alone demand consideration of this neighborhood, even if it's built next to a huge cemetery and every address ends in four!

Attachments

• Torrey-at-Beacon-Park-Site-Map.jpg
    Torrey-at-Beacon-Park-Site-Map.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 392
Except at the builder event, mentions it starts at $1.4m.  Hopefully some will actually sell at $1,444,444

AW said:
Except at the builder event, mentions it starts at $1.4m.  Hopefully some will actually sell at $1,444,444

That would be epic! But let's scare off the crazy white folk too: "$1,313,444.44."

13 and 666 will only scare away westerners. Need to include fcb's, hence the 4's.
And the poltergeists should scare both

Back