Beacon Park, Yea or Nay?

Are you still planning to purchase in Beacon Park?

• Total voters
Okay, we're perfecting this - $1,366,644.44 is a great price - and new developments built next to cemeteries should include macabre street names:

94 Death Road
104 Hell Street
144 Blood Path
204 Corpse Calle

The reviews sound mostly negative in here.  Makes me wonder if Beacon Park really  is a good investment or not. Thinking about moving to here.

Don't go by what people say here, if you like the floor plan, location, fact that you'll be close enough to a k-8 school, not very dense neighborhood and don't mind the high tax+mr, and potential cemetery, then it should be fine (long term primary residence)
Can't speak of investment as in future appreciation or rental as the high cost of buying makes it a difficult return

JCnOC said:
The reviews sound mostly negative in here.  Makes me wonder if Beacon Park really  is a good investment or not. Thinking about moving to here.

I'm not sure that's an accurate characterization. We would seriously consider Beacon Park, if we hadn't already bought in OH. Many of us here are mocking crazy people who won't buy a house associated with 13, 666, or 4, and mocking people who are scared of tombstones.

JCnOC said:

The experts here also panned lambert ranch, Laguna Altura, early stonegate, and 2010 Woodbury collection.  We know nothing 8)

Also people here only likes 3 car non tandem garages and large lots everything else won't do. A very elitist crowd

bones said:
JCnOC said:

The experts here also panned lambert ranch, Laguna Altura, early stonegate, and 2010 Woodbury collection.  We know nothing 8)
There are no "experts" here.

I still don't like Laguna Woktura. The only pro to Lambert is the no MRs.

But yes, we are like Jon Snow.

Is that really the only pro to lambert? It's gated. I haven't been up there since one of the middle to late phases so not sure what it looks like now that it's done but I'm guessing it looks pretty nice and give OH a run for its money.

No MR is huge. Virtually non existent for Irvine new construction.  Only other ones are the William Lyons random tracts in Woodbridge and university?

AW said:
No MR is huge. Virtually non existent for Irvine new construction.  Only other ones are the William Lyons random tracts in Woodbridge and university?

"Willow Bend" was the new block in University. The homes were very nice and the location was great, but not necessarily attractive. The homes were pretty and new, surrounded by a block wall, in a 70s era neighborhood. And there are a lot of apartments around the neighborhood.

If that didn't scare you away, the extremely short setbacks and zero-lot lines on the sides of the houses, would.

I didn't like the Woodbridge one either, but that didn't stop a flock of fcb's and having it sell out.  But the Woodbridge location isn't bad, just didn't do it for us.
Never saw lambert, but wasn't the price and size similar to bp's Torrey, the mr saving per year is like $10k

AW said:
I didn't like the Woodbridge one either, but that didn't stop a flock of fcb's and having it sell out.  But the Woodbridge location isn't bad, just didn't do it for us.
Never saw lambert, but wasn't the price and size similar to bp's Torrey, the mr saving per year is like $10k

FCBs at Woodbridge?  I think you're mistaken...Woodbridge is the one location in Irvine that FCBs do not go after.  Zoned into the "worst" HS in Irvine USD, older homes, and non-Asian neighbors who are friendly.  Those are death knells for FCBs.

Lambert Ranch's biggest issue is location...it is even further "outside" of Irvine than PS.  What it does have is nice layouts, good lots, no MR, and is a good bargain now (was pretty expensive back then).  It also has extreme fire hazard issues and access is a problem.  But you are into the secluded mansion feel, LR is where you would go in Irvine. 

I thought Irvine High was the "worst"?

IIRC, there was quite a bit of FCB interest in The Branches... it's the new home smell (and no MRs) that called to them.

And it's evident when you look at Redfin or zillow when they're trying to sell, the home decor,.. They need professional staging..

AW said:
Also people here only likes 3 car non tandem garages and large lots everything else won't do. A very elitist crowd

Then they see one and complain it's too expensive. Go figure.

Many of you are wondering...why did my assessment increase so much this month?

First, the community is new, and is phasing, which means the assessment rate fluctuates on a monthly basis. The community is a master association, which means your rate will continue to vary as Beacon Park comes online, as its part of the master HOA. The assessment changes as new homes are annexed into the community, and when new facilities and common area landscape are turned over from the developer.

Our phasing schedule is based off of home closings. The phase 16 BRE (Bureau of Real Estate) budget which increased the assessment to $184 was projected to go live for your July assessment, which it did. HOWEVER, due to how fast the homes have sold, and closed, the phase 16 BRE budget was actually trigged in June, thus, the increase to $184 actually happened in June, which is why your statement is showing the new amount, as well as the "catch-up" amount on you July bill.

Ok, now you're thinking, why wasn't the increase to $184 reflected on my June bill? Good question! Because, your June statement is actually printed in May, and the June closings which triggered the increase to $184 didn't happen yet...

Going forward, for your August bill, you'll see the assessment rate level out at around $184. But, like I said above, keep in mind, the community is phasing, so you'll still see increases and decreases going forward.

Finally, your last question must be, what expense in the phase 16 BRE budget caused the assessment to increase so dramatically from the $145 range?

Security!

We now have enough homes annexed into the HOA where we have a significant monthly budget for security. So, starting 7/16, G4S Security will be onsite 7 days per week, 16 hours per day in a Great Park logoed vehicle patrolling the entire community, as well as the park and Pavilion Area.

If you have any further questions with regard to your assessment, please contact the A/R Rep. for Great Park

Our phasing schedule is based off of home closings. The phase 16 BRE (Bureau of Real Estate) budget which increased the assessment to $184 was projected to go live for your July assessment, which it did. HOWEVER, due to how fast the homes have sold, and closed, the phase 16 BRE budget was actually trigged in June, thus, the increase to $184 actually happened in June, which is why your statement is showing the new amount, as well as the "catch-up" amount on you July bill.

the keyword is "due to how FAST the homes have sold, and closed,"....  if you dont buy in beacon park, you WILL BE MISSING OUT  :)

If the huge Great Park actually gets developed, then it's pretty enticing because it would really boost the property values of Beacon Park, especially the Southeastern-most properties of Beacon Park near Bosque and Cadence.

BP will do fine even with the cemetery.
You potential BP buyers need to play up the cemetery...so you get less competition and can "low ball" the builders.

Vet Cemetery is rather beautiful, and I would not mind living 0.5 miles from one. 

Back