Beacon Park, Yea or Nay?

Are you still planning to purchase in Beacon Park?

• Total voters
yaliu07 said:
July 31, 2014  .... If I want certain race in my backyard, I will buy home in Santa Ana.

May 31, 2015    there is a town hall meeting with Mayor Choi and Council Woman Lynn Schott ...  it is to discussion of relocating the veteran cemetery to another location.

June 02, 2015  any thoughts are welcome.  (except white folks thoughts, as it turned out) i use a lot of "i think" or "i dont think" because i am just a messenger (for who?)  i will look for the MexiCAN with a big/huge bat. someone just stopped by house and passed me a Chinese Flyer on town hall meeting

You folks could attend a Jauneno town hall meeting to learn about the history of this area. I suspect they are far less racist and exclusionary than the Irvine Chinese.
July 28, 2014  We, Asian, are afraid of ghost and Irvine is 40~50% Asian.  Why can't the veteran cemetery in the Non-Asian community?

July 28, 2014  We, Asian, dont like cemetery because we believe in ghost.  Why can't the cemetery build in a non-Asian community.  Top 5 names of homebuyers in Irvine in 2013 were Chen, Lee, Wang, Liu and Kim.  How more Asian do you still need? 

March 26, 2015  i am concern that less chinese  ? more "ghetto" people will move in 

My previous statement was wrong.  After looking at the Town Hall event photo the racist Irvine Chinese excluded an African, a Mexican, a non-Chinese Asian, and a few whites. One senior lady was forcibly ejected from the meeting.

June 08, 2015  according to the organizer, there WILL be communication with veterans.  we did took pictures during the meeting and we have proof.    (Save those pictures they will soon be required as evidence.)

To communicate with veterans, hold your next town hall meeting at Cook?s Corner. Any weekend, just find a table and put up a sign ?Chinese want veteran cemetery moved from El Toro?.  You will soon have dialog with veterans. Please send out flyers.

the keyword is "due to how FAST the homes have sold, and closed,"....  if you dont buy in beacon park, you WILL BE MISSING OUT  :)

We seriously almost bought in BP until...I found out that Tustin Legacy residents have to sign a soil waiver to not eat anything grown in their yard! Since PP and BP are also former bases was very concerned about this. BP said no soil waiver was required but you did have to sign a disclosure about it being a former superfund site. Hm...did some checking around on congressional budget cuts for superfund cleanups and this has been drying up so theres a risk that the clean up isn't as clean as you would want it. And let's be real...can we really ever be 100% certain that the cleanup is truly remediated (whatever that means). The fact that they are still finding contamination at the school site is troubling. Of course, they aren't going to retest the residential site - that's up the private owners now. So THAT (not the cemetary or MR) was the dealbreaker for us. Why increase your risk getting cancer??? And if you or god forbid your kids did get cancer down the road...you'll always be wondering if it's because of where you live.

jama said:
We seriously almost bought in BP until...I found out that Tustin Legacy residents have to sign a soil waiver to not eat anything grown in their yard! Since PP and BP are also former bases was very concerned about this. BP said no soil waiver was required but you did have to sign a disclosure about it being a former superfund site. Hm...did some checking around on congressional budget cuts for superfund cleanups and this has been drying up so theres a risk that the clean up isn't as clean as you would want it. And let's be real...can we really ever be 100% certain that the cleanup is truly remediated (whatever that means). The fact that they are still finding contamination at the school site is troubling. Of course, they aren't going to retest the residential site - that's up the private owners now. So THAT (not the cemetary or MR) was the dealbreaker for us. Why increase your risk getting cancer??? And if you or god forbid your kids did get cancer down the road...you'll always be wondering if it's because of where you live.

Lol what a bs post.

BP isn't even close to Tustin Legacy.

I live in TL and we did NOT sign anything regarding not eating anything grown on our property. We even asked if there was any disclosure about it when we first looked at TL and were told.............. no.

Who told u TL must sign anything regarding not eating food grown on the TL property?

jama said:

Paranoid much?

Didn't you hear? Breathing oxygen now can cause cancer  ::)

DJW1705 said:
jama said:

Paranoid much?

Didn't you hear? Breathing oxygen now can cause cancer  ::)

Oh yeah? Is the lawyers at BP all over this one also? No, because oxygen is ok. But when your BP kids grow up with superpowers it is not OK.

Not a fan of Beacon Park, but just signed the paperwork today.  My worries is more about possible odor from the future farm fields that are 1 mile away from our tract.  Secondly, once the Great Park finishes the sports park that is public.  I just hope that doesn't increase the crime rate, since you will have hundreds of people coming from other cities.  If they don't live in Irvine, they would likely not respect Irvine and leave litter and rundown the facilities.  Going to miss the gated community.

MFWIC said:
Not a fan of Beacon Park, but just signed the paperwork today.  My worries is more about possible odor from the future farm fields that are 1 mile away from our tract.  Secondly, once the Great Park finishes the sports park that is public.  I just hope that doesn't increase the crime rate, since you will have hundreds of people coming from other cities.  If they don't live in Irvine, they would likely not respect Irvine and leave litter and rundown the facilities.  Going to miss the gated community.

I hope you are joking. Why spend a chunk of change if you're not a fan of the area? Don't be pressured into buying. BP is not the last new home on the ranch.

iacrenter said:
MFWIC said:

I hope you are joking. Why spend a chunk of change if you're not a fan of the area? Don't be pressured into buying. BP is not the last new home on the ranch.

Good point. A house is a big transaction for most normal people. So you want to make sure you are committed and all in.

MFWIC said:
... If they don't live in Irvine, they would likely not respect Irvine and leave litter and rundown the facilities...

Not just non-Irvine folks.  I had to confront FOBs and FCBs to pick up after themselves in the food courts and sport events. What's worse is that trash cans were within 10 ft and they left all trash on the table and their kids were throwing everything on the ground.  It sucks to see your neighborhood going down like that.

I heard in Northwest (Seattle), folks pick up trash even in downtown streets.  In Irvine there is influx of people who have no concept or education of having ownership of community.

irvineorbust said:
MFWIC said:
... If they don't live in Irvine, they would likely not respect Irvine and leave litter and rundown the facilities...

Not just non-Irvine folks.  I had to confront FOBs and FCBs to pick up after themselves in the food courts and sport events. What's worse is that trash cans were within 10 ft and they left all trash on the table and their kids were throwing everything on the ground.  It sucks to see your neighborhood going down like that.

I heard in Northwest (Seattle), folks pick up trash even in downtown streets.  In Irvine there is influx of people who have no concept or education of having ownership of community.

this is not an issue with just FOBs and FCBs. 

So funny how Irvinites are so concerned about infiltration from Tustin, and Tustinites are worried about infiltration from Santa Ana. ;D

#buildawall #andmaketustinpayforit

gasman said:
So funny how Irvinites are so concerned about infiltration from Tustin, and Tustinites are worried about infiltration from Santa Ana. ;D

Like layers of snob right?  Lol

jmoney74 said:
gasman said:

Like layers of snob right?  Lol

It's like peeling a rotten onion... :)

Back