Beacon Park, Yea or Nay?

Are you still planning to purchase in Beacon Park?

• Total voters
bones said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
If BP demand shifts, where do you guys think it will go? OH, Greenwood?

Yup. Also resales. Also people may wait for Eastwood. Eastwood is pretty inoffensive.  On site elementary, iPac, no big issues.

Good point, completely forgot about Eastwood. pretty neutral. Is that scheduled for 2017 release?

bones said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
If BP demand shifts, where do you guys think it will go? OH, Greenwood?

Yup. Also resales. Also people may wait for Eastwood. Eastwood is pretty inoffensive.  On site elementary, iPac, no big issues.

That's what you think....

5v6cfs.jpg

Irvinecommuter said:
I think it all goes back to pricing...I know PP touted bigger lots but from what I saw the lots were similar to TIC lots except for the bigger houses (3000+ sq. ft). 

It is interesting to see how the market shakes out for PP v. Stonegate v. Woodbury.  I know Stonegate is doing pretty brisk business but haven't really looked at Woodbury or PP.

Pavilion Park, specifically Rosemist, lots were impressive. We seriously considered buying and the lots were a huge reason. If Beacon Park lots are similarly large, relatively speaking, it will attract buyers who'll overlook possible negatives (Can you think of a better neighbor than a cemetery?!? Always quiet! Green and serene. It's an attractive feature to me).

Perspective said:
Irvinecommuter said:
I think it all goes back to pricing...I know PP touted bigger lots but from what I saw the lots were similar to TIC lots except for the bigger houses (3000+ sq. ft). 

It is interesting to see how the market shakes out for PP v. Stonegate v. Woodbury.  I know Stonegate is doing pretty brisk business but haven't really looked at Woodbury or PP.

Pavilion Park, specifically Rosemist, lots were impressive. We seriously considered buying and the lots were a huge reason. If Beacon Park lots are similarly large, relatively speaking, it will attract buyers who'll overlook possible negatives (Can you think of a better neighbor than a cemetery?!? Always quiet! Green and serene. It's an attractive feature to me).

Lots were definitely bigger for the larger homes but pretty similar for the others.  That's the reason why the bigger models in Stonegate have not sold...same price, smaller lot (which is ultra ridiculous for a 4000 sq. ft house).

irvinehomeshopper said:
This guy came a long way from no aesthetic sense to advocating good planning.
irvinehomeowner said:
I like the layout of the streets in BP, not that plaid style like many of the TIC hoods... feels less dense.

After 15,000+ posts he might have picked up a few pearls along the way.  :)

If this informal survey is even halfway accurate, I see some downward pricing pressure for BP.  Which means some good potential upside for early buyers if the cemetery plans never takes shape.  True single family residence in Irvine with a yard for sub million? 

ps9 said:
If this informal survey is even halfway accurate, I see some downward pricing pressure for BP.  Which means some good potential upside for early buyers if the cemetery plans never takes shape.  True single family residence in Irvine with a yard for sub million?

So far - it looks like the cemetery will get built.

ps9 said:

I think they'd offer tons in incentives before dropping prices.

I was quite keen on BP until the builder's event. Very few of the plans had what I was looking for and the initial pricing seemed to have a premium of $50K to $100K above what I could rationalize when I factor in the high MR. The cemetery is a deal breaker for my wife. For me it is a major concern because of the demographics of Irvine and the likely negative impact the cemetery will have on a large pool of potential buyers. I have signed a contract on a new home in Stonegate instead.

Swordfish said:
I was quite keen on BP until the builder's event. Very few of the plans had what I was looking for and the initial pricing seemed to have a premium of $50K to $100K above what I could rationalize when I factor in the high MR. The cemetery is a deal breaker for my wife. For me it is a major concern because of the demographics of Irvine and the likely negative impact the cemetery will have on a large pool of potential buyers. I have signed a contract on a new home in Stonegate instead.

Some of the exterior/elevation styles have been revealed. Were you impressed by any? They're making an effort to be different, but is it working? Many of the styles include windows with decorative bars covering them - not attractive.

Swordfish said:

You gave up on Johns Creek?

Don't you live in Georgia?

Swordfish said:

TIC wins again. Perception is reality--even the threat of a cemetery is scaring buyers to the arms of TIC. Stonegate, Eastwood, and Orchard Hills will be the winners.

eyephone said:
Swordfish said:

You gave up on Johns Creek?
Yes. My wife is being asked to relocate back to SoCal. If it wasn't for that i would be well on the way to a new home in Johns Creek, where i get most of the same benefits of Irvine for about 1/3rd the cost and no cemetery!
Don't you live in Georgia?

Back