Beacon Park, Yea or Nay?

Are you still planning to purchase in Beacon Park?

• Total voters
Irvine Dream said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Sure...price is low relative to now.  It was pretty high back then.

No, the price was low even back then in comparison to the resales available at that time

Not from what I recall...considering the location, the comparable sales would be in PS, which were not selling very well or very high.

That was the general consensus on TI at the time as well:
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1261.210.html

Vinster said:
Ready2Downsize said:
AW said:
Ready2Downsize said:
how much is the mello in BP?
More than you can afford pal. Ferrari. Haha

And you would know this how? Not sure what the Ferrari meant. I never claimed to have a Ferrari and I wouldn't ever buy a Ferrari. And I'm not your pal either.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4b4QoXEhtA

Oh, I see... lol! Never seen the fast and furious movies. Ya right on the ferarri though...... I only buy new and refuse to have a car payment........ so no Ferrari for me, can't afford to just lay out that kind of money on a car.

Ready2Downsize said:
qwerty said:
is the diffrence in MR between PP and BP the MR to pay for the elementary school?

I'm going to assume that the answer is no. I bet it was figured out based on the projected price of the homes. Mello was high when we bought our house 17 years ago. My first OB/GYN lived down the street from me in Canyon Creek (bought when he was a younger doc) which had no mello and told me the taxes were insane in Northwood Pointe and he for sure could never afford to buy there. I think the taxes came to almost 1.7% based on the lowest priced homes. At that time, the entire neighborhood had the same mello. Didn't matter what the sq footage was.

4000 sq foot homes, 9K+ lot sizes, gated, 4 car garages and even if the homeowner didn't pay off the one bond they could have they are still only paying less than $2400 in mello with one of the bonds falling off in three years leaving only $1700 in mello.

And when they were new................. "insane property taxes" is what I heard from a very successful perinatologist.

15 days from now my house is paid off and my cost to live in it will be $1100 per month plus utilities, food, insurance, vacations, etc.

But alas, no downstairs master.

Congratulation, consider a deed burning party yet to celebrate? So how long did you live in your house? That is an awesome achievement

Seems like the high MR is more of a deal breaker than the cemetery.  People complaining about the MR, would you still consider BP if there was no cemetery?

I can't say yet how Beacon Park will be sectioned but in PP, we paid for the space.  The space between my house and my neighbors is huge.  On my particular lot I have large amounts of space (by new build standards) between myself and my neighbor on both sides. 

Also to get a 6k lot in a TIC build would be nearly impossible.  I will admit that the common area's in PP (and probably BP) aren't as nice as TIC properties but it's a trade off.  So far it's been worth it for us.

ps9 said:
Seems like the high MR is more of a deal breaker than the cemetery.  People complaining about the MR, would you still consider BP if there was no cemetery?
For me it would be the mella and potentially school site on contaminated land that would be the potential deal-breaker. All of this is dependent on what prices they actually come out. Cemetery is not a deal breaker, but, like anything else, I would consider relative to whatever price they end up selling it for. I do think the neighborhoods and homes will be very nice though.

But to pay almost 10K for a 3000 sq ft house on Mella (subject to increase) when you can pay half that for a similar size house in CV / Stonegate / OH is just ludicrous to me.  It also isn't as if the facilities are any better. They are nice, but they are nice at the other locale's as well. 

When I found out what the MR was (and I'm not one of those...oh my god, you have to pay MR people), I literally was like, welp, their goes BP, unless of course they end up softening the prices (although based upon the builders event...it would appear they were going to charge a premium vs. the IP projects). So it would seem that they will have higher MR and higher $/sq ft then similar builds (such as stonegate). I won't compare to OH since that gets the "hills" premium. 

All that said I'm high on the lists for a couple projects (as well as some stuff in OH (bout time) / Stonegate) so we'll see. 

3k sq ft house in TIC is like 4-5k lot, open your window, you can shake hands with your neighbors, would you pay an extra $5k a year in MR to have a larger lot?
Of course I hate the idea of high MR, or any MR, but TIC's lot sizes bother me too

AW said:
3k sq ft house in TIC is like 4-5k lot, open your window, you can shake hands with your neighbors, would you pay an extra $5k a year in MR to have a larger lot?
Of course I hate the idea of high MR, or any MR, but TIC's lot sizes bother me too

It all depends on pricing. If it's low like PP was when it first opened, then yea, buyers lined up to pay extra MR for big lots. But if pricing is > SG/CV product, then I think people start to pass. Can't have both high MR + premium pricing on problematic land. It's a tough sell to all the mrs. of TI :)

I think it all goes back to pricing...I know PP touted bigger lots but from what I saw the lots were similar to TIC lots except for the bigger houses (3000+ sq. ft). 

It is interesting to see how the market shakes out for PP v. Stonegate v. Woodbury.  I know Stonegate is doing pretty brisk business but haven't really looked at Woodbury or PP.

you would think 5P would learn from lambert ranch and baker ranch. just put into the price, if nothing else, the optics are better.

If you like the house and if you are going to live there for a LONG LONG TIME; it's worth it.

But if you plan on moving to other places in <4 years; it's not worth it.

Irvine market is mostly asians and asians doesn't like cemetery.
Let's say 100 people for looking for houses; 60 people are asian; you instantly lose 60% chance of selling your house. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Irvinecommuter said:
I think it all goes back to pricing...I know PP touted bigger lots but from what I saw the lots were similar to TIC lots except for the bigger houses (3000+ sq. ft). 

It is interesting to see how the market shakes out for PP v. Stonegate v. Woodbury.  I know Stonegate is doing pretty brisk business but haven't really looked at Woodbury or PP.
The other interesting thing is how the larger properties will do. It seems like the smaller stuff sells like hot-cakes, especially smaller SFR's.  Whether its Baker Ranch or the stuff in Greenwood (as well as like Mendocino in Stonegate)...the stuff sells like hotcakes. The pricer, larger homes, seem to have a harder time moving. Yes, fewer people for the move up, but I also presume at some point people stop being willing to stretch if they can get that entry level SFR (they'll just deal with it).  Sausalito, Arcadia, bigger stuff in OH (with some exceptions...such as Strada which their is the entry level SFR and is selling like hotcakes). With PP having a lot of bigger, higher end stuff, curious to see if stuff takes a while to sell. I guess bright side of 5P is that none of the builders have so many lots to where you'd expect tons of standing inventory, since each tract offers something at least partially unique to it (in terms of floor plans / track layout / etc). 

Bullsback said:
Irvinecommuter said:

The other interesting thing is how the larger properties will do. It seems like the smaller stuff sells like hot-cakes, especially smaller SFR's.  Whether its Baker Ranch or the stuff in Greenwood (as well as like Mendocino in Stonegate)...the stuff sells like hotcakes. The pricer, larger homes, seem to have a harder time moving. Yes, fewer people for the move up, but I also presume at some point people stop being willing to stretch if they can get that entry level SFR (they'll just deal with it).  Sausalito, Arcadia, bigger stuff in OH (with some exceptions...such as Strada which their is the entry level SFR and is selling like hotcakes). With PP having a lot of bigger, higher end stuff, curious to see if stuff takes a while to sell. I guess bright side of 5P is that none of the builders have so many lots to where you'd expect tons of standing inventory, since each tract offers something at least partially unique to it (in terms of floor plans / track layout / etc).

Yup...Saratoga and Mendecino are both doing well...around $950K-$1.1 million.  It's a good price point for resale...anything above that gets tricky because you get a lot of choices in OH, PP, and other resale.

To me, buying a house in BP is like buying a house with house number "4444."  I don't believe in that juju but if enough other people do, it would give me pause.

Irvine Fanatic said:
If BP demand shifts, where do you guys think it will go? OH, Greenwood?

Yup. Also resales. Also people may wait for Eastwood. Eastwood is pretty inoffensive.  On site elementary, iPac, no big issues.

Back