Area between Furrow St. and Bella Vista in OH

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Year-Round schools are actually known to be better for your kid's advantage.https://www.screenflex.com/reasons-why-year-round-school-is-a-good-idea/

But I believe you can always send them somewhere else if you prefer a traditional schedule.

There seems to be some inaccuracies in that article but since it's from a company that is trying to sell partitions to schools, that should be expected.

We can continue this discussion about year-round school on this old thread:
https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,989.0.html

This thread went from asking about the OH area then to racial debate then to kids' academic system then to year-round school discussion. What's next?

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
Year-Round schools are actually known to be better for your kid's advantage.https://www.screenflex.com/reasons-why-year-round-school-is-a-good-idea/

But I believe you can always send them somewhere else if you prefer a traditional schedule.

There seems to be some inaccuracies in that article but since it's from a company that is trying to sell partitions to schools, that should be expected.

We can continue this discussion about year-round school on this old thread:
https://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,989.0.html

This thread went from asking about the OH area then to racial debate then to kids' academic system then to year-round school discussion. What's next?

I like to consider this post as my 'home post' and will keep adding thoughts and issues I will face.

Amazed and grateful that many people sharing thoughts about something I didn't know and something I should think about.

I recently learned the word 'political correctness'. To maintain 'PC', bringing up % of Asian in kids school was not a great idea, but it was worth it. Lots of comments I received within a few days consist of many different views, valuable insights, advice and of course there are negative comments but I like to have it.

As Bones said "the reality is people are actively looking to NOT send their kids to schools with a huge recent immigrant Asian population", whatever people think about this, define this or interpret this...  it is existing issue.

By the way, how about this house. Just came out today.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2361-Burnham-Dr-92782/home/4759399

Location : Left side of no.10 hole of Tustin ranch golf club. It is reachable distance from the tee box to the fence of the backyard. Dude hits a nice curve hook shot with driver, it can break the window, I think. It will affect the house insurance policy, correct?

School - Ladera elementary

One thing, I look at the satellite map and cannot find the kids playground in the community.

joke4real said:

Location : Left side of no.10 hole of Tustin ranch golf club. It is reachable distance from the tee box to the fence of the backyard. Dude hits a nice curve hook shot with driver, it can break the window, I think. It will affect the house insurance policy, correct?

One thing, I look at the satellite map and cannot find the kids playground in the community.

First, it's in Tustin (Ranch) and it's a 26-year-old home. Nothing wrong with those, but it contradicts your check lists.

Also this home was listed last April at $1.5m then the price kept dropping to $1.2m. Now with a new listing agent, it's listed at $1.3m but with recent upgrades. Well, it depends on the upgrade quality, but most likely remodeled with a laminate flooring and one bathroom seems pretty original condition, who knows how the rest remodeling was done right. But it does look bright and nice. There is also a nice view of a golf course, if you like that. I would put an offer at around $1.2m or less. But with that money, you can also buy OH.

joke4real said:
Woodbury has one another factor, it is year round school. I like WB, little bit older than other towns, but have more greens and trees. Also, nice floor plans too. Visited 5 or 6 open houses in WB so far, last one was really something I considered seriously, but not yet made my mind about year round school. Think too much, right? :-[

Mety said:
joke4real said:

First, it's in Tustin (Ranch) and it's a 26-year-old home. Nothing wrong with those, but it contradicts your check lists.

Also this home was listed last April at $1.5m then the price kept dropping to $1.2m. Now with a new listing agent, it's listed at $1.3m but with recent upgrades. Well, it depends on the upgrade quality, but most likely remodeled with a laminate flooring and one bathroom seems pretty original condition, who knows how the rest remodeling was done right. But it does look bright and nice. There is also a nice view of a golf course, if you like that. I would put an offer at around $1.2m or less. But with that money, you can also buy OH.

Go even lower and ask them to pay for closing costs.

Mety said:
joke4real said:

I don't think you can get a 3CGW with a 6000 sft lot for $1.3m in OH... even better if you can get it for $1.2m.

Since j4r isn't tied to Irvine, if I were them, I would look at this place. Not backing anyone is great and that area is nice, plus I prefer the vaulted ceilings, family, living and formal dining. The floors look like engineered wood (not laminate) and they did a decent job with the kitchen. The non-upgraded secondary bath is fine... the main areas have been updated.

There isn't a kids playground but Citrus Park which is close by is great. I wonder if this tract has access to Greenway Park so you can get a pool.

Mety said:
joke4real said:

Yes, it contradicts my check list due to its age. But I also saw the remodeling they did.  I didn't know about their listing history. Should've check the zillow since they keep the price history. (I just noticed that some listing trying to get rid of their listing history in Redfin and erase all price history, but in Zillow, it is kept.) Thank you for your advice for checking the floor and other things that maybe they just put a little cosmetic..

I am going to visit on Saturday! I know exactly where the house is in the golf course  ;D ;D

joke4real said:
Mety said:
joke4real said:

Yes, it contradicts my check list due to its age. But I also saw the remodeling they did.  I didn't know about their listing history. Should've check the zillow since they keep the price history. (I just noticed that some listing trying to get rid of their listing history in Redfin and erase all price history, but in Zillow, it is kept.) Thank you for your advice for checking the floor and other things that maybe they just put a little cosmetic..

I am going to visit on Saturday! I know exactly where the house is in the golf course  ;D ;D

Do you have a realtor?  If not USCTrojan (aka Martin) is great. And I believe he lives in this area.

Mety said:
Compressed-Village said:
Mety said:
Kenkoko said:
I am all for people having different opinions. To the OP (joke4real), the beauty of this country is you are free to do and believe what you want and not have to justify that to anyone.

This is a discussion forum. I hope we can debunk myths and seek truths. This will be to the benefits of everyone.

Bones, I agree that there are problems in youth sports and Irvine schools being too competitive. But labeling it an Asian baggage is going too far. Unless you have some hard data and show us some proof that next level tutoring is detrimental, this is strictly anecdotal at best.

I urge people to exercise caution when you label or single out a problem by race.

Myths spoken enough times becomes perceived as truths.

Look at what?s being said in this thread. People are suggesting avoiding Irvine schools and going to 85% - 90% white schools for more diversity? Seriously?

LOL. Preach it brotha! Hey guys, what about 90% black school? Try that for real America, baby! I used to live in Crenshaw blvd. If you don't know where that is, just google it or watch Boyz n the Hood.  ;D

Mety, oh wow what a small world brotha. I lived there back in the 80?s went to Leuzinger high for 2 years before move to North high Torrance. A small world indeed.

I might not have been even born in the 80s you talkin' about ;D jk. But yes, it is a small world indeed. Everyone knows everyone so don't you ever sin against each other lol. My parents moved us outta that area for my high school years in 90s.

Rough part of town. Got to get out if there before 5 o?clock.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
joke4real said:

Go even lower and ask them to pay for closing costs.

Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking? It's Tustin! I was blinded by all the nice looking upgrades. I would offer at $900k.

eyephone said:
Mety said:
Compressed-Village said:
Mety said:
Kenkoko said:
I am all for people having different opinions. To the OP (joke4real), the beauty of this country is you are free to do and believe what you want and not have to justify that to anyone.

This is a discussion forum. I hope we can debunk myths and seek truths. This will be to the benefits of everyone.

Bones, I agree that there are problems in youth sports and Irvine schools being too competitive. But labeling it an Asian baggage is going too far. Unless you have some hard data and show us some proof that next level tutoring is detrimental, this is strictly anecdotal at best.

I urge people to exercise caution when you label or single out a problem by race.

Look at what?s being said in this thread. People are suggesting avoiding Irvine schools and going to 85% - 90% white schools for more diversity? Seriously?

LOL. Preach it brotha! Hey guys, what about 90% black school? Try that for real America, baby! I used to live in Crenshaw blvd. If you don't know where that is, just google it or watch Boyz n the Hood.  ;D

Mety, oh wow what a small world brotha. I lived there back in the 80?s went to Leuzinger high for 2 years before move to North high Torrance. A small world indeed.

I might not have been even born in the 80s you talkin' about ;D jk. But yes, it is a small world indeed. Everyone knows everyone so don't you ever sin against each other lol. My parents moved us outta that area for my high school years in 90s.

Yeah, we are extremely thankful to be able to live where we at now.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:
Compressed-Village said:
Mety said:
Kenkoko said:

Yeah, we are extremely thankful to be able to live where we at now.

Believe it or not. I feel some parts of Tustin are kind of rough.

joke4real said:
I thought I took the Stonegate from my list, but this one came out today..I guess I am going to check this one out tomorrow.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/111-Doverwood-92620/home/51682230

Pricing seems reasonable as an initial listing.

What about the % of Asian thing? I don't know.. Just feel like I should see this one. (This has absolutely nothing to do with certain thing in backyard.)

I think you already know your answer regarding the Asian %.

joke4real said:
I thought I took the Stonegate from my list, but this one came out today..I guess I am going to check this one out tomorrow.

What about the % of Asian thing? I don't know.. Just feel like I should see this one. (This has absolutely nothing to do with certain thing in backyard.)

Did you look at street view on this house? It is in a short alley, separate from the other homes on the street.  There are no sidewalks.

UnderContract said:
joke4real said:

Did you look at street view on this house? It is in a short alley, separate from the other homes on the street.  There are no sidewalks.

It's on a shared private driveway with one other neighbor and based on Google street view, it looks like people use it as a private parking lot. The home is only a short walk to Stonegate Elementary School and Goldfinch Park.

eyephone said:
joke4real said:

I think you already know your answer regarding the Asian %.

Tell me! I think I don't have enough knowledge and insight to make my mind.. I have lived in US less than a year.

Back