Area between Furrow St. and Bella Vista in OH

irvinehomeowner said:
I love looking at floorplans. My favorite is 2, additional living spaces both up and down.

Plan 3 has an optional bedroom 5 in lieu of the bonus room.  But wouldn?t that mean you?d be walking into a wall with a door as you enter the second floor without an open loft? 

Checked out Palermo.  Plan 1 seems surprisingly open, even with only 2700 sq ft, they were able to sneak 5 bedroom option with high ceilings.  However, the kitchen is pretty tiny.

Saw coyotes in residential area recently. Are they considered normal habitats so nothing will be done about them?
The coyotes didn't ask for homes to be built in THEIR habitat. So no, nothing is going to be done about them. I don't even know what would be expected to be done. They can't just go around killing coyotes because residents are afraid of them.

Last edited:
The coyotes didn't ask for homes to be built in THEIR habitat. So no, nothing is going to be done about them. I don't even know what would be expected to be done. They can't just go around killing coyotes because residents are afraid of them.
I disagree with this popular take. If the coyotes (or mountain lions) are threatening people/pets, they should be removed, one way or another.

I disagree with this popular take. If the coyotes (or mountain lions) are threatening people/pets, they should be removed, one way or another.
Coyotes usually don't threaten people, unless you start running away, at which point they see you as prey. They do, however, threaten pets since they see dogs as preys.

Coyotes usually don't threaten people, unless you start running away, at which point they see you as prey. They do, however, threaten pets since they see dogs as preys.
They’ll munch little kids too. Big issues with this up in the hills of Altadena when I was growing up.

They said it was walking around....so, my point still stands based on their experience. Coyotes are a pivotal part of the ecological system and shouldn't be taken care of because they're wandering around Orchard Hills and a resident doesn't like seeing them.

They said it was walking around....so, my point still stands based on their experience. Coyotes are a pivotal part of the ecological system and shouldn't be taken care of because they're wandering around Orchard Hills and a resident doesn't like seeing them.

When push comes to shove, Irvine will take action if there are injuries. After multiple attacks in Portola, 9 coyotes were euthanized in 2015. Same happened in Woodbridge.

When push comes to shove, Irvine will take action if there are injuries. After multiple attacks in Portola, 9 coyotes were euthanized in 2015. Same happened in Woodbridge.

Exactly, when something happens. Anytime a wild animal attacks a human, it's typically euthanized & tested for diseases etc because it's not normal behavior. I'm saying that the city isn't going to start euthanizing animals just because they're walking around the community. If they're posing a threat , that's different.

Exactly, when something happens. Anytime a wild animal attacks a human, it's typically euthanized & tested for diseases etc because it's not normal behavior. I'm saying that the city isn't going to start euthanizing animals just because they're walking around the community. If they're posing a threat , that's different.
I agree. Coyotes normally don't pose a threat to humans, so the city isn't just going to start euthanizing them.

Back