Area between Furrow St. and Bella Vista in OH

UnderContract said:
joke4real said:
I thought I took the Stonegate from my list, but this one came out today..I guess I am going to check this one out tomorrow.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/111-Doverwood-92620/home/51682230

Pricing seems reasonable as an initial listing.

What about the % of Asian thing? I don't know.. Just feel like I should see this one. (This has absolutely nothing to do with certain thing in backyard.)

Did you look at street view on this house? It is in a short alley, separate from the other homes on the street.  There are no sidewalks.

Lack of knowledge and experience..didn't think about this kind of aspect at all.. Thank you for the advice!

iacrenter said:
UnderContract said:
joke4real said:
I thought I took the Stonegate from my list, but this one came out today..I guess I am going to check this one out tomorrow.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/111-Doverwood-92620/home/51682230

Pricing seems reasonable as an initial listing.

What about the % of Asian thing? I don't know.. Just feel like I should see this one. (This has absolutely nothing to do with certain thing in backyard.)

Did you look at street view on this house? It is in a short alley, separate from the other homes on the street.  There are no sidewalks.

It's on a shared private driveway with one other neighbor and based on Google street view, it looks like people use it as a private parking lot. The home is only a short walk to Stonegate Elementary School and Goldfinch Park.

I will check and ask how people actually using the area. Thank you for the advice. I always check the google map and google earth, but didn' think about this in a way you do.

UnderContract said:
At your price point, do you even want to share a driveway with another house? What did your Realtor say about the location?

I went to the stonegate house today.

There is paved ground (I don't know what to call it)toward the next house, the very corner lot. Reator there said this area was originally no parking zone, but somehow HOA approved later this area as parking zone. So, actually you can park 4 cars in your private area. Interior is fairly upgraded and price seems favorable. But, not going to make an offer. I guess this house won't be on the market for long time.

UnderContract said:
Sorry to hear it didn?t work out. It?s too bad the house wasn?t located few doors down because the grass, trees, and sidewalks really make a difference. Did you see any other houses today?

I saw the house at the Tustin golf course. Wasn't interesting.. Floor plan was not simple.

B2FiNiTY said:
So why did you decide not to offer?

Same hesitation, same reason. Actually, I haven't made my mind. But as I said, I feel this house won't stay on market for long, it is well constructed and well maintained house.

joke4real said:
UnderContract said:
Sorry to hear it didn?t work out. It?s too bad the house wasn?t located few doors down because the grass, trees, and sidewalks really make a difference. Did you see any other houses today?

I saw the house at the Tustin golf course. Wasn't interesting.. Floor plan was not simple.

I like non-simple floorplans. :)

I think you need different floor plans for different stages of your life.

For a family who need to watch over infants or small kids, you would need an open concept with the kitchen, dinning and the living areas all in one.

When the kids are in Jr. high or high school, maybe a little bit of separation is good since teens want some privacy.

When you have in-laws or parents visiting often or living together, you would want a home with a downstairs bedroom.

Irvine has those planned out for you with to choose. Now it's matter of living in attached or detached, with a driveway or none, with a corner/view lot or in the middle.

@ joke4real, what's your budget? I assume around $1.5m?

Mety said:

For a family who need to watch over infants or small kids, you would need an open concept with the kitchen, dinning and the living areas all in one.

When the kids are in Jr. high or high school, maybe a little bit of separation is good since teens want some privacy.

When you have in-laws or parents visiting often or living together, you would want a home with a downstairs bedroom.

Irvine has those planned out for you with to choose. Now it's matter of living in attached or detached, with a driveway or none, with a corner/view lot or in the middle.

Also, maybe joke4real shouldn?t mention the house he puts in an offer. Because people on the net might troll him and other bs. (seems like some people on TI have nothing better to do)

eyephone said:
Mety said:

Also, maybe joke4real shouldn?t put the house he puts in an offer. Because people on the net might troll him and other bs. (seems like some people on TI have nothing better to do)

I think it's better to receive criticism, things you overlooked or couldn't think of. My concern would be putting it here and someone else might buy ahead of me, but then again I believe if the home is meant to be your home, then it would come to you.

Mety said:
eyephone said:
Mety said:

Also, maybe joke4real shouldn?t put the house he puts in an offer. Because people on the net might troll him and other bs. (seems like some people on TI have nothing better to do)

I think it's better to receive criticism, things you overlooked or couldn't think of. My concern would be putting it here and someone else might buy ahead of me, but then again I believe if the home is meant to be your home, then it would come to you.

Real estate transactions are public record. You know me. I?m just trying to help out and tell him to be cautious. You never know some off the rail person might possibly knocks on his door. (in this day in age, you never know)

I'm with Mety and eyephone on this.

It's good for j4r to get opinions, but if he does decide to put in an offer, he shouldn't tell us if he bought it or not to protect his privacy.

I still like the Tustin Ranch home best... I'm a sucker for 3CWG.

irvinehomeowner said:
joke4real said:
UnderContract said:

I like non-simple floorplans. :)

Cannot sneak around in the open floor plan >_<

irvinehomeowner said:

It's good for j4r to get opinions, but if he does decide to put in an offer, he shouldn't tell us if he bought it or not to protect his privacy.

Why you like 3CWG so much? Do you park 3 cars there or one space is used as a storage?

joke4real said:
Thank you all for your concerns and advice yesterday. I will mention less details and keep the strategic ambiguity!

If you like to share openly, that's fine. There are pros and cons for either way. You can just be who you are.

Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Why you like 3CWG so much? Do you park 3 cars there or one space is used as a storage?

I have post somewhere on TI that goes into this.

1. Versatility, you can do 3 cars, 2 cars and storage (bikes usually), no cars and mahjong room (shout out to ZeroLot... not racism).
2. Wider footprint = bigger lot = more space (anti shout out to Irvinecommuter)
3. Aesthetics (looking at you irvinehomeshopper :) )
4. Can play hoops on the driveway (no ethnic assumptions!)
5. Visitors can find a place to park on the 3CW driveway (boo to motorcourts and zero driveway)

There is more but that's off the top of my head.

A side note, we looked at a couple of motorcourt 3CWG homes, but it just wasn't the same without the driveway.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

1. Versatility, you can do 3 cars, 2 cars and storage (bikes usually), no cars and mahjong room (shout out to ZeroLot... not racism).
5. Visitors can find a place to park on the 3CW driveway (boo to motorcourts and zero driveway)

A side note, we looked at a couple of motorcourt 3CWG homes, but it just wasn't the same without the driveway.

Plus when something becomes rare as in Irvine builders don?t make this anymore, then naturally the demands is greater. A true 3 cars wide garage, not the 2 cars and 1 bay garage.

Compressed-Village said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Plus when something becomes rare as in Irvine builders don?t make this anymore, then naturally the demands is greater. A true 3 cars wide garage, not the 2 cars and 1 bay garage.

Back