All That Barbecue (Irvine)

You kept asking when I'll settle down, so I've actually starting dating and I'm not close to 40 yet.  Oh, and the car is not black....it's violet/purple.  Don't tell me Pandas are color blind.  haha

ps9 said:
@USC, did you check with her if its ok to post her pic?

Don't make him think that asking is typical protocol  ;D.  @USC - Looks really good! 
@Homie - I also stick with pork belly and brisket.  My wife loves the tongue so I usually end up getting that as well. 

The marinated meats end up messing up the grill.

I usually start to pass on adding the rice paper.  I like to eat the meat in the sesame / salt mixture and eat it with the pickled white radish.

I am down to go at the same time as the TI meet up and I will just sit in an adjacent booth and eavesdrop. 

Coleman said:
ps9 said:

Don't make him think that asking is typical protocol  ;D.  @USC - Looks really good! 
@Homie - I also stick with pork belly and brisket.  My wife loves the tongue so I usually end up getting that as well. 

I usually start to pass on adding the rice paper.  I like to eat the meat in the sesame / salt mixture and eat it with the pickled white radish.

I am down to go at the same time as the TI meet up and I will just sit in an adjacent booth and eavesdrop. 
My parents whipped me into shape so I always ask for permission.  :p 

Back on topic, I do like using the rice paper to introduce a different texture and make mini meat rice paper tacos and dip in the sauces.

Coleman said:
ps9 said:

So I went last time with my Mexican friend.  He likes grilling his meat (no homo) until it's all darkened like jerky.  I like mine a little pink (Qwerty where you at!?) so I grill it for about a minute for the brisket/tongue and devour!

He said Mexicans all do that, carne asada, spare ribs whatever.. they dont eat medium or medium rare.. QWERTY, is this true??

coleman, hit me up next time you go homie.  You got my digits, text me and i'll fly over from Johns Creek.  We'll play ball afterwards or take a spin in your yellow ferrari. 

irvinehome0wner said:
Man someone locked the irvine school thread. Guess I'll have to move my trolling over to this thread.

What why?

Homer_Simpson said:
He said Mexicans all do that, carne asada, spare ribs whatever.. they dont eat medium or medium rare.. QWERTY, is this true??

yeah that is true, at our carne asadas the meat was always cooked very well, crispy edges even, but you offset that by cutting/dicing the meat into very small pieces. Throw some hot salsa, some jalapenos and nacho cheese in the burrito and its like heaven.

you guys won't eat it a little medium but will eat ceviche... wtf...

I went to one of his family bbqs... his mom slapped the medium rare carne asada outta my fork and gave me a well done piece.  :(

Homer_Simpson said:
you guys won't eat it a little medium but will eat ceviche... wtf...

I went to one of his family bbqs... his mom slapped the medium rare carne asada outta my fork and gave me a well done piece.  :(

In Mexico.. the beef eats you!  Make sure it's cooked well done.

Back