All That Barbecue (Irvine)

C'mon SoCal - going to Korean BBQ and flipping meat is hardly the equivalent of cooking at home. Not even close.

jayl23 said:
they don't have adequate exhaust hood ventilation, you can feel like you're in a meat sauna, and all your clothes smell like BBQ for days.

That's why I avoid Benihana! Choking on smoke then 90 minutes at home afterwards showering, washing & drying hair makes for a long night before I can get into bed if I go for dinner. I don't know about KBBQ but Benihana has the worst ventilation I've seen anywhere, I think.

Went to ATB tonight... recently some friends invited us to eat at Chut Soom Gul (sp?) in Garden Grove and I had no idea that the brisket was so tasty.

So I was craving it tonight and we wanted to go to the one with the shortest wait.... Gen was 1.5 hr and ATB told me it was only 45 minutes. The wait was a little longer but went to the aquarium at 99 Ranch to kill time... man that center has become Little Asia.

Tried the flap tail steak, was only okay. I forgot how much meat the beef rib was... need to only order one roll of that. The brisket was as good as Chut.

Maybe one of these days we'll try Gen.

OCgasman said:
irvinehomeowner said:
On our way here now... TI Flash Meetup!

SoCal: This is not the post you are looking for.
Odd time to eat.

Lines get crazy long during dinner rush here as all the AYCE professionals take their time....if you got little ones...why lets just say... When's the last you saw a 4-6 year old patiently waiting?  Wait x hunger = tantrum = unpleasant dinner experience.... Early dinner is beneficial too... Most of the food is digested long before bedtime....

Oh, what luck! This gives me just enough time for me to apply for a temp job there as a hostess-slash-shrimp leg peeler! (If you know anything about my love for shrimp legs, you know how much I must really want this job.)

I never order the shrimp there... I wonder if I should try it this time.

My wife only orders Beef Tongue, Brisket, Winnie the Pooh, and the Egg thing.

I personally go for Tongue, Brisket, Ribs, and Flap Steak.  :)

Back