Trading Apple

It was so weird to try to open an account with E-Trade.

They even have this online app where it activates your web cam so that you can show them your drivers license since they couldn't read my fax (I didn't want to email my DL to them).

Felt strange holding up my driver's license in front of the 'puter.

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm such a procrastinator.

Actually tried to sign up for E-Trade but it got stalled when they needed a paper copy of my SS card. I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.

Strange. I set up an E-Trade account and I don't remember it even requesting a copy of the card.

SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Actually tried to sign up for E-Trade but it got stalled when they needed a paper copy of my SS card. I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.

Strange. I set up an E-Trade account and I don't remember it even requesting a copy of the card.
Yep, that's where it stalled. They didn't ask for it in the initial application but then I got an email saying my app was flagged for additional verification so I called them and they said they needed a better copy of my DL and my SS card.

I figure if I go into an office and apply, I won't get denied because the person will be afraid they I'll eat them.

irvinehomeowner said:
SoCal said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yep, that's where it stalled. They didn't ask for it in the initial application but then I got an email saying my app was flagged for additional verification so I called them and they said they needed a better copy of my DL and my SS card.

I figure if I go into an office and apply, I won't get denied because the person will be afraid they I'll eat them.

Too many IHO impersonators out there 8)

irvinehomeowner said:

Oh, man. I must have missed this. Comments like these are making me curious lately. What are we up to now? Three bucks? More?? And you're how tall? Paint us a visual, Iho. I don't believe you're really a "social pariah". I've seen older pics and I honestly didn't think anything negative about you at all, not even a little bit. But then again, I like 'em festively plump.  :p

Watch out Tesla!  Here's comes the "Titan".

Apple gears up to challenge Tesla in electric cars

Apple has several hundred employees working secretly toward creating an Apple-branded electric vehicle, according to people familiar with the matter. They said the project, code-named ?Titan,? has an initial design of a vehicle that resembles a minivan, one of these people said.

Apple may decide not to proceed with building a car. In addition, many technologies used in an electric car, such as a long-life battery and in-car electronics, would be useful to other Apple products, including the iPhone and iPad. Apple often investigates technologies and potential products, going as far as building multiple prototypes for some things that it won?t ever sell.

But the size of the team and some of the people assigned to it indicate that the company is serious, these people said. Apple executives have flown to Austria to meet with contract manufacturers for high-end cars including the Magna Steyr unit of Canadian auto supplier Magna International Inc. A Magna spokeswoman declined to comment.

Good luck. Fast rise recently, that always scares me a little but probably a good long term bet.

Very fast rise in very short amount of time worries me too, so we'll have to trade very cautiously.

Apple ripe for a correction?

The stock has steadily climbed since the beginning of the year, making it among the top performers in the market year to date. But its phenomenal success has also put it right in the heart of ?extreme overbought? territory, triggering fears that Apple shares are ripe for a major correction, according to Bespoke

Of course, Apple fan and major investor Carl Icahn argues the market is undervaluing Apple. He said earlier this month that the stock is worth $216 a share, which would give it a market cap of $1.3 trillion.

Back