irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
We're selling right? 
Says the guy with a gold iPhone.

Buy buy buy buy!!!!

21_TradingPlaces_BD.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
Opening ETrade account now...

I hope you bought some AAPL.  It was around 567 on April 24 and closed around 635 today.

http://www.google.com/finance?q=aapl&ei=NyxwUaDsEIiQlAPeswE

Heh... I did not. Taxes wiped out my "slush" fund.

Going to see if I can buy a few before the 6/2 WWDC and also before the split.

AAPL closes at a new all-time high of $104.83 today and that?s $733.81 in pre-split shares. :)

lnc said:
AAPL closes at a new all-time high of $104.83 today and that?s $733.81 in pre-split shares. :)

Got mine at $440 last year so up 67% so far. Not bad compared with the rest of my portfolio.

This is going to be good for Apple. 

Apple Pay, in-person deals to drive mobile payment use
The advent of services such as Apple Inc.?s Apple Pay, and a growing search for better security offerings, are expected to dominate a mobile-payments market in the U.S. that Forrester Research says will nearly triple in the next five years.

A new report Monday on the evolution of mobile payments in the U.S. from Forrester analyst Denee Carrington estimates that U.S. consumers will make $52 billion in mobile payments this year, and that amount will surge to $142 billion by the end of 2019.

If Apple Pay really catches on and become wide spread, it will take Apple's profit and stock price to the next high.
In even better news for anyone holding Apple stock, every 1% share of global purchases made using Apple Pay will boost operating earnings by 0.4%

I'm such a procrastinator.

Actually tried to sign up for E-Trade but it got stalled when they needed a paper copy of my SS card. I haven't seen one of those since I was a kid.

ps9 said:
Why E-Trade?  Do they have promos?

Yes, online brokerage have promos from time to time. I can't believe your not on this.

Either free trades, cash, I've seen a free smart phone

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
Why E-Trade?  Do they have promos? 
Seemed to be the easiest to set up... wrong.

Who do you use?

I'm thinking about ScottTrade since they have a physical office in Irvine.

Sharebuilder, started an account years back, then they got bought by capital one. 

TD ameritrade never asked for a social security card. They also have an office in irvine.  open up online and they give you the free bonus money. or you can go to the branch and also ask them to throw in a couple of hundred free trades.

Back