Trading Apple

Back in with AAPL at $93, still the best phone in my opinion.  Anyone used the new Samsung S7 edge care to comment? 

ps9 said:
Exit at 1 trillion!

Amazing. Adjusting for the 7/1 split in the middle of this thread (2014), APPL (at about $207 now) would be at $1449 which beats that other high of mid $600 pre split.

GOOG (now Alphabet) however, is at $1226 and if you account for ~2/1 split in 2014, that puts it at almost $2500 adjusted compare to when it was trading pre-2014 at around $800.

I keep spending my money on the wrong things.

irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
Exit at 1 trillion!

Amazing. Adjusting for the 7/1 split in the middle of this thread (2014), APPL (at about $207 now) would be at $1449 which beats that other high of mid $600 pre split.

GOOG (now Alphabet) however, is at $1226 and if you account for ~2/1 split in 2014, that puts it at almost $2500 adjusted compare to when it was trading pre-2014 at around $800.

What are you buying?  SNAP?  MoviePass?  or Tri-level, Attached Irvine Homes backed up to Irvine Blvd and double-MR?

I raise my glass to Apple and Steve Jobs.  I never thought I would own Apple, but I looked it up one day on a whim, and saw it had a P/E of 11.  I just couldn't believe that.  So I bought in and didn't even bother to scan the financials.  Unfortunately I sold about half when it had about doubled, but I'm hoping things go well enough that my daughter will inherit the rest some day.  Ironically I haven't used an apple product since my father had an Apple II+ back in the early 80s.

daedalus said:
I raise my glass to Apple and Steve Jobs.  I never thought I would own Apple, but I looked it up one day on a whim, and saw it had a P/E of 11.  I just couldn't believe that.  So I bought in and didn't even bother to scan the financials.  Unfortunately I sold about half when it had about doubled, but I'm hoping things go well enough that my daughter will inherit the rest some day.  Ironically I haven't used an apple product since my father had an Apple II+ back in the early 80s.

It is amazing, and congratulations on your gains.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this as pretty much the top for Apple though. They're not really innovating at all anymore, and will be overtaken. I've owned an iPhone for the past 6 years, but just this year decided to go with the Google Pixel. Much better camera, etc.

Looks like the rest of the world is starting to move on as well...
https://qz.com/1345496/apple-was-just-overtaken-by-huawei-in-global-smartphone-sales/

You're calling a top on the share price of apple, forevermore? 

Samsung has outsold Apple on phones since 2011, which I think is the year I bought the stock, coincidentally.  If not being first has hurt the stock price, no one noticed.  I'm not expecting a lot of innovation, honestly.  And with a P/E of 18, it doesn't seem the market is either.  It has not been a growth stock for quite some time.  I don't understand the magic of apple products any more than I understand the magic of Tesla cars, but it is still there, apparently.  If they just grow organically they'll at least match inflation.  Throw in a hit here or there, and things only get better.  Flops might change my mind.

BTW, I can attest to the fact that Huawei makes a great phone.  :D  But I won't use it with a sim card or with any sensitive data.

paydawg said:
irvinehomeowner said:
ps9 said:
Exit at 1 trillion!

What are you buying?  SNAP?  MoviePass?  or Tri-level, Attached Irvine Homes backed up to Irvine Blvd and double-MR?

KBBQ and Fried Chicken.

Back