Sheldon at Greenwood

Only 5% in upgrades? C'mon... didn't we talk about this? That's a 99%er percentage.

But why buy in Tustin? You can get some newer SFRs (or detached condos) in Irvine for sub $900k, they are smaller but they are in Irvine.

:)

Just curious, how does the priority list work? Do they really just prioritize based on the time they received the pre-qual application? Or do they bump up Cash Buyers straight to the top of the list?

I noticed the smell trash / odor from the trash recycling plants on the other side of Jamboree when I was there. The recycling center is also close by. Seem like alot of industrial business and cement trucks company is in that area too. From location perspective, not only that this development is close to a major freeway like, since I have not seen any one blown down Jamboree from the 241 to Jamboree or from the interchange at 5 and Jamboree less than 65 MPH, this can pose a real health and respiratory risk in the long run. On top of that TUSD is going to try their best to keep the new school from opening and shifting kids to the older school, Majorie Veeh and surrounding lower economic schools for TUSD benefit.  This is a real bad investment in my humble opinion. Resale values will takes a major hit base on these items when you ready to move on The lower income housing development is another factor which is a walking distance to these neighborhoods.

shooby said:
Just curious, how does the priority list work? Do they really just prioritize based on the time they received the pre-qual application? Or do they bump up Cash Buyers straight to the top of the list?

That's a black box, and never revealed the to general public. :)  Most people would bet on non-contingent cash buyers being at the top, as that's the easiest/quickest escrow process.  Anything below that is anyone's guess.

gasman said:
shooby said:

That's a black box, and never revealed the to general public. :)  Most people would bet on non-contingent cash buyers being at the top, as that's the easiest/quickest escrow process.  Anything below that is anyone's guess.

They said they start calling starting June 3rd... how weird that we got phone calls already :)

gasman said:
shooby said:

There is a no "priority list"...it's basically a call list when they have houses to sell.  It also create an artificial demand/urgency.  If you show up with cash in hand on the day of home release, you will get a house.

Irvinecommuter said:
There is a no "priority list"...it's basically a call list when they have houses to sell.  It also create an artificial demand/urgency.  If you show up with cash in hand on the day of home release, you will get a house.

This.  Agreed on all points.

Back to the SFR topic...there's a shared exterior wall with the adjacent house.  Zero setback.  I would be very surprised if these were considered SFR.  My bet would be a detached condo.

gasman said:
Back to the SFR topic...there's a shared exterior wall with the adjacent house.  Zero setback.  I would be very surprised if these were considered SFR.  My bet would be a detached condo.

I am going to out to look at the models tomorrow...visited on opening day but too hectic to look.  Zero setback is a terrible idea...especially for a place already with known issues.

gasman said:
Irvinecommuter said:

It really depends on 2 things: the builder and how popular the tract is.  During the bubble of 2013, I've seen priority lists done properly and fairly. All non-continent buyers (cash or financed) were lined up according to their pre-qual date and time. I know this for a fact bc I was called ahead of all cash buyers in a few developments.  I know it's easy to be cynical esp when things aren't done out in the open but I do believe there are builders out there that try to be as fair as possible. But now, if we are talking Sheldon, then eff the fairness. If I was StanPac, I would take the cash and run.

bones said:
gasman said:
Irvinecommuter said:

Priority lists were "legit" back in the boom days because builders knew that they were going to sell the houses no matter what.  Now, they're selling them a few a time and not even building them until they get a commitment...the list is basically a rouse.

It really depends on 2 things: the builder and how popular the tract is.  During the bubble of 2013, I've seen priority lists done properly and fairly. All non-continent buyers (cash or financed) were lined up according to their pre-qual date and time. I know this for a fact bc I was called ahead of all cash buyers in a few developments.  I know it's easy to be cynical esp when things aren't done out in the open but I do believe there are builders out there that try to be as fair as possible. But now, if we are talking Sheldon, then eff the fairness. If I was StanPac, I would take the cash and run.

Not cash, unfortunately. But I have 40% down with no contingencies. I'll probably be somewhere like 30-40 down the list with so many chinese cash buyers now. Oh well, there's always Beacon Point.

shooby said:
Not cash, unfortunately. But I have 40% down with no contingencies. I'll probably be somewhere like 30-40 down the list with so many chinese cash buyers now. Oh well, there's always Beacon Point.

You don't need the full purchase price...just enough to put a non-refundable deposit (usually $25,000).  At that point, financing is really no different than full cash.

Homer_Simpson said:
These are SFRs.

How were you able to confirm this?  Forgive me for not taking your word for it, but my skepticism is at an all-time high.  When one of your exterior walls is actually IN the neighbor's yard, with no separating wall, it's a hard sell to call it an SFR.  Your exterior wall basically IS your neighbor's yard wall.

gasman said:
Homer_Simpson said:
These are SFRs.

How were you able to confirm this?  Forgive me for not taking your word for it, but my skepticism is at an all-time high.  When one of your exterior walls is actually IN the neighbor's yard, with no separating wall, it's a hard sell to call it an SFR.  Your exterior wall basically IS your neighbor's yard wall.

I asked the sales person. 

gasman said:
Homer_Simpson said:
These are SFRs.

I called StanPac and they claim it's SFR, and not a detached condo.  Nuts to me that this is even allowed.  Homeowner is responsible for their own exterior walls, but they are completely exposed to the neighbor's yard.  Who's liable to maintenance and damage, and is it in the contract?  Or do they expect all neighbor relationships to be amicable.  I just see total nightmares with water sprinklers, kids w/paint/markers/crayons/etc, pest intrusion, stucco cracks, etc.

Not buyin'.

gasman said:
gasman said:
Homer_Simpson said:
These are SFRs.

I called StanPac and they claim it's SFR, and not a detached condo.  Nuts to me that this is even allowed.  Homeowner is responsible for their own exterior walls, but they are completely exposed to the neighbor's yard.  Who's liable to maintenance and damage, and is it in the contract?  Or do they expect all neighbor relationships to be amicable.  I just see total nightmares with water sprinklers, kids w/paint/markers/crayons/etc, pest intrusion, stucco cracks, etc.

Not buyin'.

Sounds like the old Zero-lot plan!
http://www.homejane.com/idx/mls-pw15058104-197_woodbury_irvine_ca_92620

Worst idea ever.

Back