Sheldon at Greenwood

gimble said:
Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
Anyone have updates on the next phase, and prices?

Latest price sheet for the 4th release.
Looks like StanPac is strategizing by selling the least desirable lots first (lots backing up to Jamboree).

i was told they were selling these first to coordinate the completion of the huntley units to the right so that when people move in to huntley there isnt a whole lot of construction noise and crap next door

estrader said:
Release sold out in 9 mins today. Crowd was big this time

WHAT? Are you kidding me? They must have been attracted to a bigger lot against Jamboree or everyone is in a hurry to buy before rates go up.

Ready2Downsize said:
estrader said:

WHAT? Are you kidding me? The prices don't seem to be THAT great and they are definitely not great lots, being so close to Jamboree. Maybe everyone is in a hurry to buy before rates go up.

Maybe it's - as soon as you put a deposit your kid can play in the playground that is open but closed. (Just guessing)  ;)

Ready2Downsize said:
estrader said:

WHAT? Are you kidding me? They must have been attracted to a bigger lot against Jamboree or everyone is in a hurry to buy before rates go up.

Actually I walked down to the lots myself and the noise isn't really much louder than it was at the models.  They're all nearby jamboree fwiw. It's not as bad as everyone on the boards put it.  And definitely plenty of people interested.  Wonder how the pricing will go later phases tho.

estrader said:
Ready2Downsize said:
estrader said:

Actually I walked down to the lots myself and the noise isn't really much louder than it was at the models.  They're all nearby jamboree fwiw. It's not as bad as everyone on the boards put it.  And definitely plenty of people interested.  Wonder how the pricing will go later phases tho.

Ask this question to yourself - would it be hard to sell it in the future if you compare it to another house in the price range?

eyephone said:
estrader said:
Ready2Downsize said:
estrader said:

Ask this question to yourself - would it be hard to sell it in the future if you compare it to another house in the price range?

I've been asking myself this very question for the last month.  Still don't have a definite answer. I've looked at Rosales with the same price point and some are similar but the only main difference was maybe bigger lots. But prices are just going up long term and lots getting smaller and smaller.  You could always compare these to chino hills , same price, bigger house bigger lot, morning dung smells. I guess it just depends on what people want.

eyephone said:
estrader said:
Ready2Downsize said:
estrader said:

When it's a resale it will get buyers comparing something like this 25 year old Tustin Ranch home with mello (currently $1100 per year) that is nearly paid off:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/13291-Saratoga-Dr-92782/home/4756075

There is no pool in the neighborhood but the association dues are $38 per month.

Three years ago, this home would have gone for less than what Sheldon buyers are paying with higher mello, zero lot lines backing up to Jamboree on motor courts with smaller lots.

I know it's older and the price is higher (the paid off mello will offset the higher price since the total payments will not include mello) but imo it will be easier to resell this TR home than the Sheldons that sold today in a few years.

Plenty of pool homes in the JM Peters Almeria tract next door to this one also with low HOA and nearly paid off mello in case you want a pool.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/2232-Marselina-92782/home/4754976

Or you can go a little smaller to Maricopa homes in TR which are gated and have an association pool which will also have paid off mello, or newer on the other side of Irvine Blvd.

ALOT of resales will compete with Sheldon (including Irvine........ no matter how nice the houses are they are not Irvine and having lived in TR myself, I know that will always be thrown in the face of Tustin homes and when it's a buyers market, location location location matters).

I do find it interesting that everyone brings up "the when it time to resell you won't be able to sell" which I don't buy and doesn't make sense. They are selling now, they will sell then.

Also, by the time these initial buyers sell, there will be an established neighborhood elementary. And potentially a new middle/high school. Which I think will bring more upside to Columbus square and greenwood, in particular the smaller, entry level product. 

estrader said:
eyephone said:
estrader said:
Ready2Downsize said:
estrader said:

I've been asking myself this very question for the last month.  Still don't have a definite answer. I've looked at Rosales with the same price point and some are similar but the only main difference was maybe bigger lots. But prices are just going up long term and lots getting smaller and smaller.  You could always compare these to chino hills , same price, bigger house bigger lot, morning dung smells. I guess it just depends on what people want.

It's all subjective. I don't think you have to compare it to Chino Hills. That's a little over the top. If you ask me I wouldn't buy there because of the following: the noise, school situation is questionable, and viewing the hanger. (But that's me) 

qwerty said:
I do find it interesting that everyone brings up "the when it time to resell you won't be able to sell" which I don't buy and doesn't make sense. They are selling now, they will sell then.

Also, by the time these initial buyers sell, there will be an established neighborhood elementary. And potentially a new middle/high school. Which I think will bring more upside to Columbus square and greenwood, in particular the smaller, entry level product.

If you buy a house you can afford, have money in the bank and it's big enough for the rest of your life in the right school district then it doesn't matter but if you buy a smaller place than will be enough to handle a growing family, want a different school district or just plan on making money on a resale then it DOES matter what you buy. Just like stocks, you should always think about selling when you buy.

It a hot sellers market, it won't matter a whole lot what you're trying to sell but in a buyer's market it does. I've tried to sell in a buyers market and couldn't and it wasn't because no one was buying..... they were but the houses selling were in better locations with better schools.

It's not just a matter of Irvine vs Not Irvine... even in the same city, there are more desirable locations/neighborhoods and even within neighborhoods, usually those not against a major road will have an easier time selling and be priced at a premium to those against major roads.

ANY house can sell if priced low enough. Those who don't care about ever reselling have nothing to worry about.

Ready2Downsize said:
qwerty said:

If you buy a house you can afford, have money in the bank and it's big enough for the rest of your life in the right school district then it doesn't matter but if you buy a smaller place than will be enough to handle a growing family, want a different school district or just plan on making money on a resale then it DOES matter what you buy. Just like stocks, you should always think about selling when you buy.

It a hot sellers market, it won't matter a whole lot what you're trying to sell but in a buyer's market it does. I've tried to sell in a buyers market and couldn't and it wasn't because no one was buying..... they were but the houses selling were in better locations with better schools.

It's not just a matter of Irvine vs Not Irvine... even in the same city, there are more desirable locations/neighborhoods and even within neighborhoods, usually those not against a major road will have an easier time selling and be priced at a premium to those against major roads.

ANY house can sell if priced low enough. Those who don't care about ever reselling have nothing to worry about.

These two statements are so true.

I guess when people refer to "won't able to sell", it means it won't able to sell at WTF asking price. 

Many people taking the selling price of their home very personally.  It's almost like bragging right and if the home don't sell above the comp, your a looser. :)

Back