Sheldon at Greenwood

Latest price sheet for Sheldon "3rd release" on June 27th.
Starting price is actually $738,900, not $735,900 mentioned in the email.

Attachments

• Sheldon_price.jpg
    Sheldon_price.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 335
Welp, I'm moving on. Had high hopes to land one of these (#31 on list) but with these prices, there are better deals to be had. Good luck to the remaining prospective buyers.

estrader said:
looks like we will hit the 900s soon for this neighborhood.
LOL. The stuff in the 900's that is 3000 sq ft a few blocks away (same school district) is struggling to sell right now at that point...zero chance these go there in the near future. But what do I know. 

Bullsback said:
estrader said:
LOL. The stuff in the 900's that is 3000 sq ft a few blocks away (same school district) is struggling to sell right now at that point...zero chance these go there in the near future. But what do I know.

you mean huntley? what other developments are there?

estrader said:
Bullsback said:
estrader said:

you mean huntley? what other developments are there?

I think he/she meant Columbus Square which I believe is a better hood than this (minus) the amenities. 

shooby said:
Welp, I'm moving on. Had high hopes to land one of these (#31 on list) but with these prices, there are better deals to be had. Good luck to the remaining prospective buyers.

Shooby - did you see this place? It is just five minutes away. bigger than any sheldon plan and a very good size lot. the place looks really good and the price is excellent. same school district and HOA is $99 vs sheldons 230+45
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1443-Madison-ST-92782/home/12249180

estrader said:

no way this hits 900K then buyers have more options in the 900-1M range just down the street in columbus square as already mentioned.

qwerty said:
shooby said:

Shooby - did you see this place? It is just five minutes away. bigger than any sheldon plan and a very good size lot. the place looks really good and the price is excellent. same school district and HOA is $99 vs sheldons 230+45
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1443-Madison-ST-92782/home/12249180
I looked at this home over the weekend. Very very nice house. Nice backyard (nothing huge but nice fireplace / bbq area in back...fountain would drain out any noise you'd hear from the occasional train and probably even the recurring aircraft, I'd presume). All that said, when I drove out the other direction, it was weird seeing all of the open space / kind of junk parked over by the school area. I'd have thought Tustin would have figured out a way to cover up some of those eye sores but maybe that all changes with a new school. One thing I can't get out of my head when it comes to this area is how much TUSD misled people and you really don't know what might happen to the rest of the base (Tustin issue), how long it will take to development, what goes in their, etc (which could negatively impact property values or of course work favorably). For example, If I lived their and the Angels got a new stadium deal...that would beyond piss me off and I'd never want to live nearby (I'm a huge baseball fan but dealing with the traffic during the season would drive me bonkers). 

From talking to the realtor, it would appear foot traffic was slow, which surprises me, given 3200 sq foot pretty new house < $1M.  30% discount to Irvine. 

qwerty said:
estrader said:

no way this hits 900K then buyers have more options in the 900-1M range just down the street in columbus square as already mentioned.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely check it out.

These upgrades included in the price are worth about $10k in total.
-Ceiling J-box in great room, legacy room, and all bedrooms
-Pendant lights pre-wire above kitchen island
-Recess lights in master bedroom
-Additional dining room lower cabinets with granite countertops
-Additional upper cabinets in master bathroom and upstairs linen
-,etc.
On top of that, they offer $3,500 design center credit.
Hope this helps alleviate the price hike shock.....

gimble said:
These upgrades included in the price are worth about $10k in total.
-Ceiling J-box in great room, legacy room, and all bedrooms
-Pendant lights pre-wire above kitchen island
-Recess lights in master bedroom
-Additional dining room lower cabinets with granite countertops
-Additional upper cabinets in master bathroom and upstairs linen
-,etc.
On top of that, they offer $3,500 design center credit.
Hope this helps alleviate the price hike shock.....

Even with the upgrades Sheldon isn't going to 900K+ any time soon, imo.

New is nice but when new is way higher than nearby resale with everything (flooring, window coverings, landscaping) included. lower taxes and HOA and same school district it will hit a wall. Anyone trying to flip or rent out for a profit is in for a big surprise and not the good kind imo.

And btw, if anyone is trying to rent for a profit, basis is your cost minus land and all this time that houses have been rocketing higher, land is what is mostly going up as far as the county is concerned. Even on resales when taxes are reassessed the county has been applying the increase in value to land which will make it harder to get to a profit since there is less depreciation on the home than there was when houses were significantly less and buying resale isn't going to help.

With Sheldon asking for these prices and actually getting them, i suppose the resale listings will start hiking their asking prices also?
So maybe this is a good time to snatch up the resale before Sheldon comparable shows up after COE in December?

gimble said:
With Sheldon asking for these prices and actually getting them, i suppose the resale listings will start hiking their asking prices also?
So maybe this is a good time to snatch up the resale before Sheldon comparable shows up after COE in December?
There are many factors that affect resale prices, it will be hard to determine the direction just based on sales/prices of new homes.

New cannot just keep rising and rising if nearby resale are not. New home buyers who want to live in their home, fine, but those who think they can buy, flip or rent are in a different situation. Once the development is sold out, they are a resale home, newer yes, but still a resale with higher taxes, maybe higher HOA and probably smaller lots.

"Then there?s Orange County, a wealthy enclave. It ?softened a little,? he said. He blamed the ?Chinese buyer.? Real estate agents were steering them to resale homes because they were a better deal, after new home prices had ballooned so much. And as Chinese demand wanes, ?it ripples inland, and the further inland you go the more the ripple is felt?.?"
http://wolfstreet.com/2015/01/14/the-american-dream-pops-kb-home-wrecked-other-homebuilders-follow/

irvinehomeowner said:
gimble said:
There are many factors that affect resale prices, it will be hard to determine the direction just based on sales/prices of new homes.

And now you are a speculator.

If you want to live there, maybe it will go up but if you think you can buy and flip, probably not a good idea since there are costs to sell and if things soften, the builder will just add incentives which resales can't do.

Back