Sheldon at Greenwood

:) yeah, i am just speculating.
I always thought that comparable sales are the most important part of assessing current market value.
I am not suggesting anyone to buy and flip close-by resales right now.
What I usually see is that the higher new home price gradually lifts the price for resales around.
I hardly ever saw lower resale listing price drag down new home price.
But i could be wrong....

Lower resale isn't likely going to drag down new home prices but new home developments can drag down resales if the market softens and builders just tack on incentives. There are always people who have to sell for whatever reason but there isn't always people who want to buy and when they do they'll gravitate toward newer and better neighborhoods which is a problem for those in Greenwood and surrounding resale devlopements partly thanks for TUSD and their failure to provide new schools and insistence upon making the assigned schools what they are.

Not saying things are going to soften, but it's a risk for flippers.

Ready2Downsize said:
Lower resale isn't likely going to drag down new home prices but new home developments can drag down resales if the market softens and builders just tack on incentives. There are always people who have to sell for whatever reason but there isn't always people who want to buy and when they do they'll gravitate toward newer and better neighborhoods which is a problem for those in Greenwood and surrounding resale devlopements partly thanks for TUSD and their failure to provide new schools and insistence upon making the assigned schools what they are.

so what is the point of 1.7% MR when no new schools are going to be built? isnt that the whole point of the higher rate MR here? 

estrader said:
Ready2Downsize said:

so what is the point of 1.7% MR when no new schools are going to be built? isnt that the whole point of the higher rate MR here? 

There will be new schools.  New elem + new STEM magnet junior/high.  If you buy here in Greenwood, you're basically banking on these new schools = tustin ranch/beckman quality.

estrader said:
Ready2Downsize said:

It goes to more than schools, but YES! That is the issue with TUSD. There has been a lot of discussion about this in other threads including a new school that was built but isn't being used as an elementary school.

gimble said:
With Sheldon asking for these prices and actually getting them, i suppose the resale listings will start hiking their asking prices also?
So maybe this is a good time to snatch up the resale before Sheldon comparable shows up after COE in December?

i was thinking the same thing, at some point the rising tide lifts all boats right? perhaps the gap is not big enough yet for the resale folks to command a higher price.

qwerty said:
shooby said:
Welp, I'm moving on. Had high hopes to land one of these (#31 on list) but with these prices, there are better deals to be had. Good luck to the remaining prospective buyers.

Shooby - did you see this place? It is just five minutes away. bigger than any sheldon plan and a very good size lot. the place looks really good and the price is excellent. same school district and HOA is $99 vs sheldons 230+45
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1443-Madison-ST-92782/home/12249180

Stopped by to take a look at this home yesterday. The interior is great, lots of space. Bottom floor layout was a bit closed off as i prefer the open floor plan. The main killer was the proximity to Edinger and the train tracks. I stood outside in the backyard, which was really nice, but the road noise was unbearable even with the fountain.

A shame since it's priced OK for the square footage.

shooby said:
qwerty said:
shooby said:
Welp, I'm moving on. Had high hopes to land one of these (#31 on list) but with these prices, there are better deals to be had. Good luck to the remaining prospective buyers.

Shooby - did you see this place? It is just five minutes away. bigger than any sheldon plan and a very good size lot. the place looks really good and the price is excellent. same school district and HOA is $99 vs sheldons 230+45

Stopped by to take a look at this home yesterday. The interior is great, lots of space. Bottom floor layout was a bit closed off as i prefer the open floor plan. The main killer was the proximity to Edinger and the train tracks. I stood outside in the backyard, which was really nice, but the road noise was unbearable even with the fountain.

What did you think of all the clashing wood looks? The flooring clashes with the kitchen cabinets, and also clashes with other different stained cabinets.

Perspective said:
shooby said:
qwerty said:
shooby said:

What did you think of all the clashing wood looks? The flooring clashes with the kitchen cabinets, and also clashes with other different stained cabinets.

I didn't like the wood flooring, i would have ripped it out if i moved in. The backyard was the main seller of this house for me, but i couldn't stand the noise for 5 minutes nevermind 15 years.

shooby said:
qwerty said:
shooby said:

I don't know if you noticed it, but the seller had installed commercial sound proofing in the home.  I showed the home to buyer at 6:30pm yesterday and I couldn't hear anything inside with the windows and sliding glass door closed.  Besides, Jamboree is a much busier street (heck it's a semi freeway) than Edinger just like all of the other North/South streets in/around Irvine. 

eyephone said:
Don't you live close by? Change of heart?jk

Not touching Sheldon with a 50 ft. pole.  Zero lot lines, tiny utility areas (bathrooms, closets, laundry, etc) to free up square footage for the "great" room, small kitchens with no cabinet space, 2% MR increase every year, triple the HOA vs. Columbus Square...where's the upside again?

gasman said:
Did anyone go to the release today?

I went but got there late. Just to check in. They called me today but I wasn't there at 10. Didn't want any of the ones today anyhow. Staying on the list to see what the 3xs price at

Oh yeah and seemed like less people showed up. I found parking in front easily unlike last release

estrader said:
gasman said:
Did anyone go to the release today?

I went but got there late. Just to check in. They called me today but I wasn't there at 10. Didn't want any of the ones today anyhow. Staying on the list to see what the 3xs price at

Oh yeah and seemed like less people showed up. I found parking in front easily unlike last release
I was there at 10am with a client and there were less people this phase release than the previous one.  The lots closer to the Warner exit took a while to sell as the buyers that got their names called kept passing.  The noise from the Warner exit is worse as it's closer to Jamboree because it's elevated above the homes (and the extra noise from the Jamboree freeway).

Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
Anyone have updates on the next phase, and prices?

Latest price sheet for the 4th release.
Looks like StanPac is strategizing by selling the least desirable lots first (lots backing up to Jamboree). 

Attachments

• Sheldon_price_4th.jpg
    Sheldon_price_4th.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 393
gimble said:
Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
Anyone have updates on the next phase, and prices?

Latest price sheet for the 4th release.
Looks like StanPac is strategizing by selling the least desirable lots first (lots backing up to Jamboree). 

I rather live next to Edinger any second of the day than next to the Jamboree freeway (not only because Jamboree is way busier but it's also ABOVE the homes versus being level with them which makes it louder).  I probably drive on the stretch a few dozen times a week and my car isn't quite. 

Back