Sheldon at Greenwood

Irvinian81 said:
Plan 3x wins! Estimate on starting price? Any chance for mid-800s?!

well using the price per sq ft of the smallest plan (assuming 675,000/1860= 363) that would put it at 850K, but that seem to high and the larger the home the less it cost to build per sq ft. If you take the price of the plan 1 at 675K and tack on the extra 500 sq ft of the 3x at the build cost of 100/ sq ft that puts it 725K, which seems too low. Landofnoland is probably close, at 750K, but id say closer to 775-785K. although huntley is 2600 sq ft for mid 900s, using 950K it puts the smallest huntely at 365 a sq/ft so maybe it 850K is pretty close. huntley has pretty small lots as well so probably not much more land than sheldon.

i agree, the 3x is going to sell well, its efficiently executed. 5 bedrooms in 2300 sq ft is good. i was telling my wife this morning that i was thinking of buying one to rent out. we will see how the pricing is.

Irvinian81 said:
If Plan 1 starts at mid-600, you are looking at ~$350 per sqft. So for Plan 3x, estimate would be $820k.

They never scale linearly that way.  The lower the square footage, usually the higher the price per sf within the same tract.  For example, if the plan 1 sells at $350/sf, I would bet the plan 3/3X sell closer to $320-325/sf.  The larger plans tend to lift the pricing of the smaller plans.

The veranda plan 3, which is 2400 sq ft at Columbus square goes for about 700-725k (going off memory), but that does include hardscape/landscaping, window treatments etc. 750k may sound about right.

qwerty said:
The veranda plan 3, which is 2400 sq ft at Columbus square goes for about 700-725k (going off memory), but that does include hardscape/landscaping, window treatments etc. 750k may sound about right.

Verandas Plan 3s can vary widely...I've seen them listed between $725-775K.  There's one that was listed at $849,888 that's showing pending:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1431-Georgia-ST-92782/home/12255467

I would agree on the $750K pricetag for the Plan 3 Sheldon.

Irvinian81 said:
For 750k I would be all over it if it wasn't for the crappy schools...

Transfer to Myford Elementary in Tustin Ranch...it's basically an open transfer option as long as you meet the deadlines.

Or just do what everyone else in CS does...private school.  Red Hill Lutheran has a ton of our kids in the neighborhood.

gasman said:
Irvinian81 said:

Transfer to Myford Elementary in Tustin Ranch...it's basically an open transfer option as long as you meet the deadlines.

Or just do what everyone else in CS does...private school.  Red Hill Lutheran has a ton of our kids in the neighborhood.

That's the policy now to transfer to a Tustin Ranch school. How about years from now when Irvine81 kids go to HS. It might not be the same policy. (I don't know the ages of Irvine81 kids)

eyephone said:
gasman said:
Irvinian81 said:

That's the policy now to transfer to a Tustin Ranch school. How about years from now when Irvine81 kids go to HS. It might not be the same policy. (I don't know the ages of Irvine81 kids)

yeah, I especially doubt the long term feasibility of getting a transfer to Beckman from Tustin Legacy, especially as Orchard Hills gets built out. Unless they build a new high school...

Why are these discussion threads being posted under Irvine Real Estate? Greenwood is part of the city of Tustin and homes in this area are zoned to the Tustin Unified School District. I do not see the value in these posting other than to confuse people wanting to live in Irvine as to what what their options are.

Neighbors kids who are now in grad school had a choice to transfer to Uni or Northwood and went to one of them (just because their friends did too) although the default school around this area is another one.  Heard it was very easy to do then.  Years later, that is not an option for my kids.  So, things definitely change.

eyephone said:

So i'm still looking for the 'perfect' house and haven't been able to find one yet. On qwerty's suggestion on my other post  ;D, I started looking at Sheldon and really like the area. However have some questions and was wondering if anyone had answers yet or do we need to wait until end of May to find out when they start showing the models?

1) What will be the elementary school assigned from the get-go? my daughter will be entering K this year so want to make sure she attends a good elementary school. How easy are the transfers to other schools in TUSD? and do you have to apply every school year for the transfer or will that be her school for all of elementary levels once she attends K there?

2) Models are showing end of May, does anyone know when Phase 1 will be ready by? Our current lease ends end of July so was hoping Phase 1 will be completed by then.

3) What is the buying process for new construction? Will there be bidding wars if they get a lot of interest or is it a first come first serve situation?

Thanks!

Back