Sheldon at Greenwood

FB1907 said:
I'm trying to figure out if Sheldon would be a good place to live and here is what I know so far thanks to TI Community:

Pros:
    • All that noise and smoke coming from Jamboree
    • Chance of getting killed by a drunk driver in your living room
    • All the smell from Garbage Trucks and Food Trucks, when the wind blows just right
  • TUSD and Crappy Schools
  • High MR
  • Price.  I received an email from the builder saying Sheldon now starts from upper 600s

By looking at the list above, the question now becomes why would anybody buy at Sheldon?  Am I missing something?

pretty much nailed it on the head lol

ps9 said:
And to think you are the buffer to protect these negatives from the low income Anton housing!  Nice.

StanPac didn't pay the city enough under the table money to get the better location.

Has anyone seen models yet?  Any further opinions of before model homes came out and after model homes were seen at Sheldon?

Greetings!  I was hoping to pick everyone's brain regarding the Sheldon homes.  Specifically, it looks like the first phases are built near the Warner/Park corner.  Any thoughts on how loud the streets would be if we purchased in this initial phase?  Which lots (1-12) would be most affected by the sound of cars?  Is it wiser to wait for the lots deeper into the neighborhood?  Thanks in advance!!

Everyone has their own opinion of what "loud" is... I would suggest standing at the lot you were looking at and listen to the noises you'll get living there.  I know it's hard now because there aren't homes and trees up but you can kind of guage how loud it would be from doing so. 

What I would be most concerned about are the dumpster trucks rumbling down that exit through out the day. 

qwerty said:
Homer_Simpson said:
That 3X price is really unattractive

And they upped the Crawford prices to low 1's from upper 900s.

Yeah I saw that... Guess they got a lot of interest!

I'm curious how they are gonna sell.  Love the fact they are SFRs but hate the fact the proximity to jamboree and the not so great schools

I think Greenwood is going to stall at these prices.

This is the same thing Lyon did with the Branches and Willow Bend... charged more than what they said they were going to do.

These went away from being a "value" buy. I don't expect these to sell near as good and I still laugh at how odd the coding is where these MC homes can be SFR's, yet their are detached condo's in areas that have bigger yards, full drive ways, etc, which don't receive the SFR classification. 

Bullsback said:
These went away from being a "value" buy. I don't expect these to sell near as good and I still laugh at how odd the coding is where these MC homes can be SFR's, yet their are detached condo's in areas that have bigger yards, full drive ways, etc, which don't receive the SFR classification. 

I don't think Sheldon is an SFR. Remember for marketing they use single family residence all the time even when it's not a true SFR designation. On a MC, it has to be a detached condo.

qwerty said:
Bullsback said:

I don't think Sheldon is an SFR. Remember for marketing they use single family residence all the time even when it's not a true SFR designation. On a MC, it has to be a detached condo.
I might be wrong, but I thought their were SFR's on motocourt's which are not designated detached condo's. 

qwerty said:
Bullsback said:

I think they are true SFRs. 

the homes and floorplans are ok I guess, but all the bedrooms except the master in 3 seem cramped and they could have been better imo in the site plan had they switched the order of the homes with 3 at the back of the alley or the middle and 1 in the front like many other neighborhoods. I realize they probably did it for floorplan reasons but if your paying the bigger price for 3/3x and it is a nicer plan but you get added downsides of street noise and pedestrian noise as well especially since the master is in the street facing front of the house where from the model you can see the tops of the cars whizz by on the warner ramp in addition to the noise and proximity to jamboree.

Just visited the models...pretty impressed overall.  General thoughts:

- square footage is shifted around a bit from other comps...smaller: closets, bathrooms, laundry, kitchen (way less cabinets than expected), and larger: bonus rooms, great rooms.
- lot sizes are small...no side yards, and...
- you share a portion of your exterior wall with your neighbor's yard!  Huge dealbreaker for me.  Reminds me of some of the smaller SFRs in West Irvine or Oak Creek, and those have not appreciated well at all.
- model designs/upgrades are tastefully done, and divert your attention away from the smaller spaces.  Models will probably sell at +$200K at buildout.

Pricing is a little high IMHO for this product...add on 10% to the base price for builder upgrades, another 10-15% for post-construction upgrades, and 5% for landscaping, and you're in pretty steep for what you get.

Phase 1 calls going out tomorrow...good luck y'all!

if i was looking at a sheldon plan 3 which is 2,343 sq ft with a base price of 790K and add 5% in design center upgrades (or 40K) + 7K for windows + 10K for the sideyard since its not very big, that puts you at right around 850K.

i would rather buy something like this for an extra 100K - its easy to spend other peoples money :)

an extra 100K is what, about 450 per month? you save 130 per month just on the HOA differnce (230 vs 99)
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/15242-Severyns-Rd-92782/home/12255491

Back