Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

Does anyone know whether Irvine Pacific will start building in the Tustin-school district side or the Irvine-school district side of Strada?

The sale staff at Strada better be the best iPac has to offer, a sample scenario:

Ignant homebuyer china:  what? I'm TUSD!  You make mistake!  My kid go to IUSD!

Strada sales mgr:  It's your responsibility to check with the school districts...

IHC:  I pay $1+ million for recycled Laurel/Mendocino shit floorplan and you say TUSD!  I'm on right side of Culver!  IUSD!

SSM:  You need to check with the school district, it's right here in our fine fine print on the bottom, cropped out of the page

IHC:  I talk to your Chairman!

SSM:  Uhhhh.... Chairman Bren is not available

IHC:  I go Great Park then!  And take my +$1 million cash with me!  Musick High keep kids in school!

SSM:  We will have to keep the deposit.

IHC:  Haha, you think money at bank check?  I make disappear now! 

irvinehomeowner said:
I honestly don't think they will split Strada. That would be weird.

I agree.  IUSD, TUSD and the Irvine Company really need to sit down and make this easy.  Everything on the right side of Culver = IUSD.  Simple.

Hi all...does anyone know who will be handling pre-quals for Strada?  I've been working with OnQ, but it appears IP is moving some properties to Wells Fargo.  Yay...more credit inquiries...  :mad:

gasman said:
Hi all...does anyone know who will be handling pre-quals for Strada?  I've been working with OnQ, but it appears IP is moving some properties to Wells Fargo.  Yay...more credit inquiries...  :mad:

If I have to guess, I would guess OnQ.

IP has been splitting between OnQ and Wells Fargo for the last few years and usually OnQ were getting the more expensive tracts.  I even hear OnQ people saying that they like to have the more expensive homes and they will let Wells Fargo have the  less expensive tracts.  Since Laurel been assign to Wells Fargo, there is good chance OnQ will get Strada. 

You should use your charm to dig out info from OnQ, once a while OnQ guys will spill the beans.

If it's IUSD, that's great for high school.  But wouldn't it suck to have to take your younger kids to another school when Orchard Hills School is right there?  My kids would be asking me why they are not going to the school they can walk to in 5 minutes.

Or if they do split it, I can get the TUSD side now while my kids are young, then move down the street to the exact same model later that's going to cost $200k more because it's in the IUSD side.

Perhaps they purposely split it so the family with younger kids can buy the TUSD side for OHS, and family with older kids can buy the IUSD side for NWH.

I believe NWP is priced higher price per sq ft than NP because of IUSD.  That's all subjective though.  IMO NP has a nicer feel.

Grand opening end of this month - you'd think they would have some more specific pricing soon...

I think IRWD is unfair to all irvine residents, it use water saving as execuse to raise rate year by year, compared with electricity, water price rise rate spike twice or triple and it buried inside their layer rates system, public hearing is a joke just for decoration, that's an reality check for new rate, it raise 40% for the layer that most family water usage in, plz don't play mathematic tricks, i know how to count.
waterthirstyman

aquabliss said:
Grand opening end of this month - you'd think they would have some more specific pricing soon...

IP usually will have the sales office open a week prior to the grand opening in order to hand out info and answer questions, and they will have the price sheet ready at that time.  Actually in Laurel, the sales office was opened 2 week before the grand opening.  So the sale office at Strada might be open as early as Saturday the 17th.

I wonder if people who buy in Strada and Terraza will be given the option to either attend TUSD or IUSD.  That would be a very nice option to have and would greatly increase the pool of potential buyers (especially if potential buyers already have kids in either TUSD or IUSD schools).  I really hope this has been worked out by TIC, TUSD and IUSD. 

thatOSguy said:
AA said:
I wonder if people who buy in Strada and Terraza will be given the option to either attend TUSD or IUSD.  That would be a very nice option to have and would greatly increase the pool of potential buyers (especially if potential buyers already have kids in either TUSD or IUSD schools).  I really hope this has been worked out by TIC, TUSD and IUSD.

Doubtful. Highly doubtful.

I really hope that is not the case.  It does not make any sense why TUSD or IUSD would want to chop up a community like the way it is currently drawn out. Everyone on the Gated Grove side should go to TUSD and everyone on the non-gated side should go to IUSD.  This way it keeps the community together. 

Back