Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

called sales office today to find out more info as we have been seriously considering OH. sales agent mentioned price will likely be starting at 1.1 mil., and asked how I felt about that. I was shocked as all the emails we've been seeing mention high 900s, and she said prices tend to change before release. not sure what to make of this, and wondering if she was just feeling out interest at that price point. hopefully its not the case, but I guess we'll see. kind of disappointed if it's true though.

Why are you not sure what to make of this. They are trying to take you for as much money as they possibly can. Seems like business as usual for The irvine company. And really people keep ponying up the money so why not. You don't like just vote with your wallet.

$500 per square foot without upgrades and no landscaping.

Wow is all I can say.

The cashier at Office Depot in the District told me yesterday she hopes they don't get "trashy" people from the new residential that is going up within walking distance. I said why would that be? She said it's all low income housing....... like $900 per month rentals.

I said.......... yup........... that is what u r going to get I bet and crossed off Tustin Legacy as an option. I know it's not the same area but it's close enough for me.

thatOSguy said:

I wonder how much rent a cashier at Office Depot can afford...

Hehe, I was thinking the exact same thing before I read your post. Great minds think alike, except about EVs and LA :)

Pluto3D said:
SunnyG said:
called sales office today to find out more info as we have been seriously considering OH. sales agent mentioned price will likely be starting at 1.1 mil., and asked how I felt about that. I was shocked as all the emails we've been seeing mention high 900s, and she said prices tend to change before release. not sure what to make of this, and wondering if she was just feeling out interest at that price point. hopefully its not the case, but I guess we'll see. kind of disappointed if it's true though.
sales agent info not always reliable but who knows. realtor does keep telling me market is hot hot hot at the higher-end like $1.2-$1.3mil+ and there is a noticeable uptick in cash buyers coming in at these price points. not sure how true, but find it really strange that <$800k homes taking longer time to sell these days while $1.2mil+ homes selling pretty fast.
The market is warm across the board and not super hot in the $1.2-$1.3m+ area, sounds like your agent is exaggerating things a bit.

This is called marketing bluffing like a game of poker. FCBs are now taking their time hunting their game realizing that the free range turkeys are not limited. At 1.3 m the hunting ground expands to Arcadia and San Marino.

Keep signing up and get pre qualify so the sellers really know how much you have and jack up the price accordingly to meet you stretched threshold.

Met sales lady in person today and sounds like she has less of an idea as came across on the phone. First phase released will be all TUSD. Site map shows some lots will be larger than the typical 3xxxx sqft lot.

All of terraza is going to be TUSD.

It's not just CV!  Each community has a lot of homes that are designated Affordable Housing.  So each community will have that "weird crowd".  Some villages have more than others.  It's all part of the bond packages which fund the villages being built in the first place.  Cmon people!  Wake up!

timandjess said:
It's on the NW side, but appears to be visited by CV residence, which appears to be of a weird crowd.  Somehow we just don't run into the same type of people elsewhere in irvine.  Where are they coming from and why are they all hanging out at AMPM???

I lived in Woodbury for years before moving to NW2, and have been in Irvine for the last 18.  This increase of a different demographic of people is limited to CV plaza and only after CV started selling/leasing.  I can't help but attribute the crowd to CV.

Of all the OH homes released next week, Strada is my best bet for appreciation, IP has really carved out a huge piece of OH buyer pool, 3 bed up, 1 down, IUSD (mostly), driveway, plenty of lots, 1 million bucks.  These will sell and sell briskly.  What's the closest competition?  Don't worry about not pre-qualifying and all that mumbo jumbo presale tactics.  The ball is in IP court and it won't change.  If you want a home there, just bend over and take it now.  That's what I would do, and also get on the HOA board and outlaw smoking in the community given the swarm coming soon.

ps9 said:
Of all the OH homes released next week, Strada is my best bet for appreciation, IP has really carved out a huge piece of OH buyer pool, 3 bed up, 1 down, IUSD (mostly), driveway, plenty of lots, 1 million bucks.  These will sell and sell briskly.  What's the closest competition?  Don't worry about not pre-qualifying and all that mumbo jumbo presale tactics.  The ball is in IP court and it won't change.  If you want a home there, just bend over and take it now.  That's what I would do, and also get on the HOA board and outlaw smoking in the community given the swarm coming soon.

Welcome to Irvine, where 1 million bucks is now the average home.

Phase guesses?  :eek:
(see attachment)

Knowing IP, they will sell all of the TUSD homes first and then after Strada has greatly appreciated, they will start selling the IUSD homes (take note of Jasmine at Cypress Village). Expect an IUSD Strada home to actually be in the $1.1 millions. Don't worry, the grand opening excitement will guarantee that the TUSD homes will sell without any problems while the FCBs wait for phase "6" on my map guess.  :-X

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    553.8 KB · Views: 516
Drove by Strada and visited the Sales Office.  Sales office are now opened.  The overall community feels really nice with some open spaces, rows of orchards surround the community and different elevations.  It definitely feel nicer than PS and LA.

Here's some info:

Strada is split between IUSD and TUSD.  First few phases will be all TUSD side.  IP is going to sell TUSD side first than IUSD side.  Price is not released but was told low 1 million. :(

HOA: $196/month

IUSD side:
Base property tax:1.06% of sales price
AD Tax:$2650
CFD Tax: $1700
Other Tax: $162
Total Mello-Roos: $4512/year

TUSD side:
Base property tax:1.06% of sales price
AD Tax:$2650
CFD Tax (2014-2015 tax year): $1800-$2350
Other Tax: $104
Total Mello-Roos: $4554-$5104/year

Here's lot map.  Lower left corner is TUSD and rest is IUSD.

Attachments

• Strada Site Map.jpg
    Strada Site Map.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 666
I drove by as well, but didn't stop in.  Was that your white 7 series BMW in the parking lot ( or the sales staff? Haha).  So prices are firming at $1.1 million?  They're gonna steal Capella's customers away.  The starting IUSD phases will have view lots?  Not sure but when I drove by, there were some elevated lots at the northern end of Strada

So the IUSD side is a little cheaper in MRs too?

Strada is such a strange tract. Not sure why IP, TIC or City of Irvine allowed this.

ps9 said:
I drove by as well, but didn't stop in.  Was that your white 7 series BMW in the parking lot ( or the sales staff? Haha).  So prices are firming at $1.1 million?  They're gonna steal Capella's customers away.  The starting IUSD phases will have view lots?  Not sure but when I drove by, there were some elevated lots at the northern end of Strada

No, that white 7 series is not my car.

When I drove in through Narrow Path, Strada is on the left and it was about 15-20 feet higher than the street.  So the home next to Narrow Path might have views.

Back