Orchard Hills - Strada by Irvine Pacific

AA said:
I might if IP builds these with 11 ft ceilings.  It makes huge difference.

Where can I get 20' ceilings?

10257032_10152282258374792_2220479334275391445_o.jpg

lovingit said:
Are Laurel 9 or 10 feet ceilings?

Laurel's ceiling  is 9' and that's pretty much standard in most new homes.  It's just that Mulberry and Magnolia has the 10' ceiling in the first floor and you might not notice it at first but it makes the fist floor feel more spacious then it actually is.

The 10' ceilings in M&M doesn't make it feel bigger to me... they still feel like a condo/apartment due to how short it is from the front to the back.

I would take the Laurel/Strada floorplan layout with 8' ceilings rather than the M&M floorplans with the 10'/11' ceilings.

irvinehomeowner said:
The 10' ceilings in M&M doesn't make it feel bigger to me... they still feel like a condo/apartment due to how short it is from the front to the back.

I would take the Laurel/Strada floorplan layout with 8' ceilings rather than the M&M floorplans with the 10'/11' ceilings.

If IP was really smart they would definitey do 10ft-11ft ceilings for Strada, then buyers would feel and understand why they would be paying more for these homes. 

lnc said:
timandjess said:
lovingit said:
Is anyone actually waiting for Strada?
$1.15m for plan 3 isnt too bad comparing to what it gets you these days in the north irvine area.  Check out NP to see comparables.  Bigger lots but you cant get 2700 sq ft for that price.  I'm sure the MR will offset it though.

Quick question, is the $1.15M a guesstimate or from legitimate source?  Thanks.

It's a very good guesstimate.  No official price released yet but the price should be release in a few weeks.

But after seeing Laurel, would you pay $100k+ premium for Strada?

I would not buy in Laurel, period.  My struggle is should I sell my NW2 (which actually feels bigger based on seeing Laurel) and add $100k to get into a slightly larger place in OH.  Trading gated for the hill. 

As well as getting away from the weird crowd that seems to be drawn to the CV Plaza/Arco by this new community.

Define 'weird crowd'.  I go there quite often, eat at Mokkoji, Baskins, Juice it up, etc.  Crowd at Kohls is as ghetto as you'll get in Irvine.  Alberston is nice, and we ordered our last two birthday cakes there.  Or are you referring to the old icicle gun incident?

timandjess said:
As well as getting away from the weird crowd that seems to be drawn to the CV Plaza/Arco by this new community.

You do realize that Arco is in NW not CV.

test said:
timandjess said:

Quoted for not knowing Arco is in the Cypress Village Shopping Center across from his Newport coastline village.

For shame.

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
timandjess said:

Quoted for not knowing Arco is in the Cypress Village Shopping Center across from his Newport coastline village.

For shame.

West of Jeffrey is NW.  East of Jeffrey is CV.  Which side is Arco on?

test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
timandjess said:

For shame.

What's the name of the shopping center?

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
timandjess said:

For shame.

What's the name of the shopping center?

Answer the question, where is Arco?  In NW or CV?  You can't fix stupid!

irvinehomeowner said:
test said:
West of Jeffrey the Cypress Village Shopping Center is NW.
There... I fixed stupid.

You're one of those people that buys things based on what the packaging says.  I've got some affordable healthcare to sell you.  LOL

It's on the NW side, but appears to be visited by CV residence, which appears to be of a weird crowd.  Somehow we just don't run into the same type of people elsewhere in irvine.  Where are they coming from and why are they all hanging out at AMPM???

I lived in Woodbury for years before moving to NW2, and have been in Irvine for the last 18.  This increase of a different demographic of people is limited to CV plaza and only after CV started selling/leasing.  I can't help but attribute the crowd to CV.

ps9 said:
Define 'weird crowd'.  I go there quite often, eat at Mokkoji, Baskins, Juice it up, etc.  Crowd at Kohls is as ghetto as you'll get in Irvine.  Alberston is nice, and we ordered our last two birthday cakes there.  Or are you referring to the old icicle gun incident?

I just saw some gypsie looking lady picking empty cans out of trash bins by AMPM this morning.  I wonder if she's from the large Armenian or Persian community close by.

What icicle gun incident?  The tri-village owner's murder?

Back