New Korean BBQ place

Is it open yet?  They've updated their yelp listing.  It used to show June 26th, but now it's only showing Friday, Saturday and Sunday hours.  Dinner only (4pm-12am).

Is this their soft open?

After going to a few non-AYCE KBBQ places... I prefer AYCE.

It's not really about the quantity, but the variety. I like being able to dictate what I want more of or less of and have to deal with what other people in my party prefer.

I'm waiting for "I CAN Barbecue" in Oak Creek to open up (I currently refer to them as "I CAN'T Barbecue").

Goriot said:
Any go and checked out Baek Jung BBQ yet? Good Yelp Reviews so far~

Yeah looks good but the wait is 2+ hours which is kind of annoying.  I wonder if the wait will be shorter if you get there slightly before 4pm (open)....hmmmm

probably shorter to drive to the Buena Park location... haha.. might as well make a day trip out of it. 

Last time we went to BP, we were able to walk in on a weekend.. normal lunch hours.. only bad thing is the parking.. worse parking ever.. if you thought DJ is bad.....

Two of the BEST Korean BBQ in Atlanta. 9292 and 678

28s90u9.jpg

[youtube]44nMP3R7p8c[/youtube]
https://www.yelp.com/biz/678-korean-bbq-duluth
https://www.yelp.com/biz/9292-korean-bbq-duluth-3

2qlgynb.jpg

678. Now is this is what I call a REAL Korean BBQ Place.. LA Style in Duluth, Georgia.

Went to Kang Hodong Baekjeong last night so Thursday. Checked in at 6:20, quoted 1 hour, seated at 7:40. You can download the No Wait app to see your place in line. We just ended up killing some time by getting a drink at Boiling Point, walking through Mitsuwa and Daiso. Then we walked back and waited 20 minutes or so there by the restaurant. TONS of people outside.

Between the 2 of us got a small beef combo, small fried dumplings, and lunchbox. We probably would have been fine with just the combo, tons of food. Food here up to par with other locations, I'd say better than my last trip to the Buena Park one. The seasoned boneless shortrib, man I forget how good it is here, so flavorful and when they char it up last minute, heaven. Server was always on top of it, didn't cook a single thing, and meticulous. With that said, service here isn't "friendly" per se but efficient. Love the egg moat, but if you like it runny, watch it as it can get overcooked pretty quickly. Beef combo small on it's own was $60.

Tip here is to avoid Fridays and weekends or either way, be prepared for a wait and just kill some time walking within the plaza to keep your sanity.

jumpinjacks said:
Went to Kang Hodong Baekjeong last night so Thursday. Checked in at 6:20, quoted 1 hour, seated at 7:40. You can download the No Wait app to see your place in line. We just ended up killing some time by getting a drink at Boiling Point, walking through Mitsuwa and Daiso. Then we walked back and waited 20 minutes or so there by the restaurant. TONS of people outside.

Between the 2 of us got a small beef combo, small fried dumplings, and lunchbox. We probably would have been fine with just the combo, tons of food. Food here up to par with other locations, I'd say better than my last trip to the Buena Park one. The seasoned boneless shortrib, man I forget how good it is here, so flavorful and when they char it up last minute, heaven. Server was always on top of it, didn't cook a single thing, and meticulous. With that said, service here isn't "friendly" per se but efficient. Love the egg moat, but if you like it runny, watch it as it can get overcooked pretty quickly. Beef combo small on it's own was $60.

Tip here is to avoid Fridays and weekends or either way, be prepared for a wait and just kill some time walking within the plaza to keep your sanity.

My wife and I went here last night as well.  Got there around 5:45P, quoted 40 minute wait time, seated in 20 minutes.

Parking was abysmal as usual, but there's better parking availability near the Boiling Point area. 

I've been to the ktown one a few times, and this place is just as good.  We ordered the Beef combo and it was more than enough for the both of us.  All banchan was refillable for free except for the seaweed (never seen that before). 

They also have a bar to the left as soon as you enter.  Reasonble prices too (ballast point sculpin ipa on draft was 7 bucks, not bad at all). 

Any TIers down for a meetup here?  I'm game as long as we attempt to go before 6pm on a weekday, which is when it starts to get busy.  USC, i know you're game haha. 

Kang Hodong is good. They carry good quality meat which is pretty rear in Irvine or even entire OC.
Of course, most people won't see the difference between good and bad ones, but once you know, you can't eat those AYCE places anymore.
I recommend pork combo if no one tried yet.
Also if you don't wanna wait, just be there 4pm and have a little early dinner.

Mety said:
Kang Hodong is good. They carry good quality meat which is pretty rear in Irvine or even entire OC.
Of course, most people won't see the difference between good and bad ones, but once you know, you can't eat those AYCE places anymore.

meh... people will still eat AYCE.. the price doubles for most if not more. 

jmoney74 said:
Mety said:

meh... people will still eat AYCE.. the price doubles for most if not more.

Yeah, if you want quantity, AYCE is the way to go.
My body is not accepting quantity anymore but quality these days.

Back