New Korean BBQ place

Man, tried to go here for lunch today after reading this thread.. doesn't look open at all.  Construction fences still surround the building.

woodburyowner said:
Man, tried to go here for lunch today after reading this thread.. doesn't look open at all.  Construction fences still surround the building.

Outside looks done but there's working going on inside...they need to hurry the hell up, there's hungry people waiting on them.

USCTrojanCPA said:
woodburyowner said:

Outside looks done but there's working going on inside...they need to hurry the hell up, there's hungry people waiting on them.

Are you guys actually thinking about going here in the opening week? It will be like 3 hours wait.  I really hope they have text message waiting system.  I will go put my name down and wait at home until they txt me.

Goriot said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
woodburyowner said:

Are you guys actually thinking about going here in the opening week? It will be like 3 hours wait.  I really hope they have text message waiting system.  I will go put my name down and wait at home until they txt me.

I'll stay away opening week because it'll be crazy bananas, but the best way to get in there quicker is to get there right before it opens after that. 

Why not just go and get a bunch of Korean Kimchi sides dishes. All the meat that they sells at Korean market. The best ones are in Garden Grove Korean district and load up on the beer. Then comes to USCCPA pad with the pool on one side and the buffet setup on the other side in the backyard along with the option to grill on the new outdoor kitchen and fire up.

All TI inner circle who wish to join should ping and donate at least 20 bucks to USC and we are good to go. No waiting, no angry crowd and all happy friends.

Except for trash talking people.

Compressed-Village said:
Why not just go and get a bunch of Korean Kimchi sides dishes. All the meat that they sells at Korean market. The best ones are in Garden Grove Korean district and load up on the beer. Then comes to USCCPA pad with the pool on one side and the buffet setup on the other side in the backyard along with the option to grill on the new outdoor kitchen and fire up.

All TI inner circle who wish to join should ping and donate at least 20 bucks to USC and we are good to go. No waiting, no angry crowd and all happy friends.

Except for trash talking people.

It's also about the grill. This one actually uses a coal grill.

That is my exact point. We can have the grill charcoal and DIY your meat. Granted, we might have to staff up for clean up. USC should be approved of this. A bachelor will have his house warming and bbq finest all in one.

Compressed-Village said:
That is my exact point. We can have the grill charcoal and DIY your meat. Granted, we might have to staff up for clean up. USC should be approved of this. A bachelor will have his house warming and bbq finest all in one.

Sorry not the same. What makes Kbbq is eating it right off the grill hot. Good luck doing that with 20 people. With large groups the meat gets cooked, the it cools on a plate. Doesn't taste nearly as good.

That will never ever happen as you are as healthy as a horse. Plus, you are having too much fun to be stressed out and bring on hypertension.  :)

Costco sells marinated bulgogi, going to eat it tomorrow from our home skillet plate (we use to Korean BBQ at out dinner table).

Will keep you posted.

Rtlguru said:
Sorry not the same. What makes Kbbq is eating it right off the grill hot. Good luck doing that with 20 people. With large groups the meat gets cooked, the it cools on a plate. Doesn't taste nearly as good.
Get 3-4 multiple table grills.  They are cheap and sold at the korean grocery stores.

So what is everyone's favorite KBBQ?

For a long time, KBBQ to me was only bugolgi and galbi/kalbi. Then a friend of mine had me try the brisket and it was over.

Someone after that told me to try the pork belly and it was over... again.

Sorry ps9... no squid or octopus for me.

Back