New Korean BBQ place

jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I think I'm going to Uber it to this place as the parking already sucks ass.  TI Korean BBQ meet anyone?

You buying?

I would like to go too, if USC is paying
We see your posts. Seems by now you just had 3 homes close escrow in the past 1 month, so kbb on you sir  :p

SoclosetoIrvine said:
jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
I think I'm going to Uber it to this place as the parking already sucks ass.  TI Korean BBQ meet anyone?

You buying?

We see your posts. Seems by now you just had 3 homes close escrow in the past 1 month, so kbb on you sir  :p

How about this...first beers and Soju shots on me, ok?

Trojan's buying the Soju shots?

USCTrojanCPA said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

You buying?

Panda said:
Trojan's buying the Soju shots?

USCTrojanCPA said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
jmoney74 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

You buying?

Soju and Soju bombs...come on over for a visit. 

Got tired of waiting and tried the KangHoDong in Buena Park recently.  That was one crazy parking lot, reminded me of SF where you have to give up driving around and just squat and pray somebody comes to you and leave so you can take their spot.  DJ is cake compared to that parking lot. 

Anyways, we got seated right away on a Saturday lunch.  Got the beef combo, which comes with their version of chadol, a prime steak, and marinated galbi.  Meat was top quality with lots of marbling.  Every bite was buttery juicy smooth.  And they have a few pieces of charcoal in the grill which gives it a great smoky flavor.  Our waitress was in charge of the cooking and hovered over the meats like a mother hen tending her chicks.  The marinated short rib was still our favorite but still not as good as SooWonGalbi.  combo comes with a soybean soup and it even had a few pieces of clam in there.  banchan was ok and making the ssam with seaweed/daikon/sprout salad/topped with meat was interesting.  About $80 for our party of 2.5 so roughly $30-40 per person.  Not cheap but you're paying for some decent quality meats.  Only gripe i got was that all the wait staff shout out a greeting in korean whenever someone arrives, and our waitress shouted twice while standing over our grill cooking... not appetizing/sanitary...

Kang Ho Dong BBQ Irvine seems to be making progress.  But, definitely slow.  btw, I think the K-town (1st US location) is so much better than the Buena Park location. FYI, the owners are different between these two locations.  The Buena Park owner is developing the Irvine one. 

As for the best Korean BBQ in OC, I love this place in Garden Grove -https://www.yelp.com/biz/mo-ran-gak-restaurant-garden-grove
It is the best non-marinated BBQ you will get.  So juicy and fresh~~

Goriot said:
Kang Ho Dong BBQ Irvine seems to be making progress.  But, definitely slow.  btw, I think the K-town (1st US location) is so much better than the Buena Park location. FYI, the owners are different between these two locations.  The Buena Park owner is developing the Irvine one. 

As for the best Korean BBQ in OC, I love this place in Garden Grove -https://www.yelp.com/biz/mo-ran-gak-restaurant-garden-grove
It is the best non-marinated BBQ you will get.  So juicy and fresh~~

I went to Mo Ran Gak with friends a few years ago...we got there before 6pm and the wait was over 90 minutes but the food was very good.

ps9 said:
Got tired of waiting and tried the KangHoDong in Buena Park recently.  That was one crazy parking lot, reminded me of SF where you have to give up driving around and just squat and pray somebody comes to you and leave so you can take their spot.  DJ is cake compared to that parking lot. 

Anyways, we got seated right away on a Saturday lunch.  Got the beef combo, which comes with their version of chadol, a prime steak, and marinated galbi.  Meat was top quality with lots of marbling.  Every bite was buttery juicy smooth.  And they have a few pieces of charcoal in the grill which gives it a great smoky flavor.  Our waitress was in charge of the cooking and hovered over the meats like a mother hen tending her chicks.  The marinated short rib was still our favorite but still not as good as SooWonGalbi.  combo comes with a soybean soup and it even had a few pieces of clam in there.  banchan was ok and making the ssam with seaweed/daikon/sprout salad/topped with meat was interesting.  About $80 for our party of 2.5 so roughly $30-40 per person.  Not cheap but you're paying for some decent quality meats.  Only gripe i got was that all the wait staff shout out a greeting in korean whenever someone arrives, and our waitress shouted twice while standing over our grill cooking... not appetizing/sanitary...

Oh and the egg moat and corn cheese!

I wonder if they need a special permit for using charcoal indoors, at the BP location, there were a few pieces in the grill which gave the food a nice smoky flavor.  I don't recall any current Korean places that uses charcoal indoors.  Last I remember Incheon Wan in GG had it and that was years ago in the nineties

Back