New Korean BBQ place

Irvineknight said:
Finally got to try it. Went before 5pm and got seated right away. My party find the server hovering over the grill rather annoying and intrusive to our carrying on a conversation. Three guys with average appetite polished off the $99 beef combo with room to spare and clamoring for dessert, which is unusual, because most of time when we are done with dinner, we are full and done. 

Gen, Shik Do Rak, All That BBQ and Honey Pig BBQ are all equally tasty and cheaper. Will likely not go back. We still prefer the freedom of cooking ourselves. Much more relaxing, too.

Cool, so the lines are dying down a bit.  I'll have to try it out soon.

We've been going weekdays before 6:30 or so and finding no wait to 5-10 minutes. I think being open for lunch helps now. Line on weekday starts around 7ish. Now that this is our standard, I went to All That and was unsatisfied with the quality even though more banchan, rice paper wraps, AYCE. I rather go for quality at Kang HoDong.

Also the servers at Kang have been better with cranking up the heat a few minutes w/o any meat between the brisket and the other meat for the beef combo to let us get a serving of egg moat and cheese corn to cook. We try to eat less red meat overall so when we have it, let's make it good is my philosophy. 10 years ago, I'd pick AYCE over it.

jumpinjacks said:
We've been going weekdays before 6:30 or so and finding no wait to 5-10 minutes. I think being open for lunch helps now. Line on weekday starts around 7ish. Now that this is our standard, I went to All That and was unsatisfied with the quality even though more banchan, rice paper wraps, AYCE. I rather go for quality at Kang HoDong.

Also the servers at Kang have been better with cranking up the heat a few minutes w/o any meat between the brisket and the other meat for the beef combo to let us get a serving of egg moat and cheese corn to cook. We try to eat less red meat overall so when we have it, let's make it good is my philosophy. 10 years ago, I'd pick AYCE over it.

Wait, they are open for lunch now?  Is lunch cheaper than the dinner prices?

Yes, saw it on Yelp and their hours on there are listed as 11:00 am - 12:00 am every day. Not sure if the menu is any cheaper or different for lunch.

Went to Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong at lunch time and was told there is a minimum order to eat there by myself at $50-$60?  A bit excessive.  Left and went elsewhere.

momopi said:
Went to Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong at lunch time and was told there is a minimum order to eat there by myself at $50-$60?  A bit excessive.  Left and went elsewhere.

That's worth a case of canned meat

jumpinjacks said:
Yes, saw it on Yelp and their hours on there are listed as 11:00 am - 12:00 am every day. Not sure if the menu is any cheaper or different for lunch.

Lunch prices are same as dinner as far as I know.  50 for pork and 60 for beef.  Pretty empty when I went last week for lunch

dethman said:
jumpinjacks said:

Lunch prices are same as dinner as far as I know.  50 for pork and 60 for beef.  Pretty empty when I went last week for lunch

Yeah that's a pricey lunch.  I'll still to Gen or All That BBQ for lunch.

Back