Jasmine at Cypress Village

incognito said:
Website says Jasmine starting in the low 700,000s now. Seems to be flip flopping between high $600,000 and low $700,0000.

Anyone thinks at $430+ a sq ft for these makes sense?

I wouldn't be surprised..  A week before Marigold was first released, the sales office said it was going to be in the high 600s.  But when they actually released it, the price was in the 720's. 

Wouldn't be surprised if these do well - going by San Mateo's success which were same floor plans as jasmine and lack of many good options available for detached condo's in this price range.

RCV said:
incognito said:
Website says Jasmine starting in the low 700,000s now. Seems to be flip flopping between high $600,000 and low $700,0000.

Anyone thinks at $430+ a sq ft for these makes sense?

I wouldn't be surprised..  A week before Marigold was first released, the sales office said it was going to be in the high 600s.  But when they actually released it, the price was in the 720's.

I was just there for the pre-sales and they are starting at $715k

Was there this weekend for the grand opening registering a few folks.  These will probably sell well because they are the entry level detached home in Irvine.  FYI, the broker co-op for Jasmine is $12,000.

per the price sheet they were distributing at Jasmine this weekend, most of the home's in first Phase were marked SOLD.
If i remember correctly, only 1 or 2 model 1's were available.

considering the early phases are closest to 5, I thought they went pretty quick.

I thought the price sheet said the base price was around $687,000+ (?), but that the first phase builds were priced at ~$715,000. Perhaps they already include specific upgrades already since they are already pretty far along in the construction on the phase 1 builds, and many of them seem to include the upgraded observatory or california room.

I was initially considering Jasmine if it was priced in the $670,000-680,000. But at $715,000 decided to consider Colibri over in Portola Springs instead at the same price point, and getting more square footage. Granted, it's further out and the stigma of the landfill. But if the landfill stigma is good enough for the million dollar homes of Lambert Ranch, it might be good enough for me....LOL

incognito said:
I thought the price sheet said the base price was around $687,000+ (?), but that the first phase builds were priced at ~$715,000. Perhaps they already include specific upgrades already since they are already pretty far along in the construction on the phase 1 builds, and many of them seem to include the upgraded observatory or california room.

I was initially considering Jasmine if it was priced in the $670,000-680,000. But at $715,000 decided to consider Colibri over in Portola Springs instead at the same price point, and getting more square footage. Granted, it's further out and the stigma of the landfill. But if the landfill stigma is good enough for the million dollar homes of Lambert Ranch, it might be good enough for me....LOL

The impact of landfill is overstated in my view. If it can reach Portola Springs, it will impact PP and SG as well. They are just on the other side of the Portola pkwy.

incognito said:

You will have a better ROI at Jasmine vs Colibri.

eyephone said:

I've been contemplating that point as well.

It just seems like a really hard pill to swallow a price north of $715,000 for a property that is barely over 1600 sq ft. But I can sort of see the reasoning for Orchard Hills' case, but even then.

And Pavilion Park is just right next door to Portola Springs, I'm curious as to their appreciation compared to other equivalents in CV

incognito said:
eyephone said:

I've been contemplating that point as well.

It just seems like a really hard pill to swallow a price north of $715,000 for a property that is barely over 1600 sq ft. But I can sort of see the reasoning for Orchard Hills' case, but even then.

And Pavilion Park is just right next door to Portola Springs, I'm curious as to their appreciation compared to other equivalents in CV

These two have a big difference in lifestyle.  Do you have a family?  You'll grow out of the CV one quick. 

jmoney74 said:
These two have a big difference in lifestyle.  Do you have a family?  You'll grow out of the CV one quick.

Yes, we have a 17 month old son. What is the lifestyle difference between CV and PS? I just always thought Irvine was Irvine, and it's all family oriented  ???

incognito said:
jmoney74 said:

Yes, we have a 17 month old son. What is the lifestyle difference between CV and PS? I just always thought Irvine was Irvine, and it's all family oriented  ???

I'm just referring to the sq footage of home. 

incognito said:
jmoney74 said:

You should at least check out those Richmond America homes in PP... Not sure the starting price now but I think the neighborhood is much more family oriented.

aquabliss said:
You should at least check out those Richmond America homes in PP... Not sure the starting price now but I think the neighborhood is much more family oriented.

Did look into the lowest priced neighborhood in PP (Richmond American - Birch Trail homes). The Plan 1 - Neil at 1878 sq ft is starting at ~$740,000+ when I called them last week.

incognito said:
aquabliss said:

Did look into the lowest priced neighborhood in PP (Richmond American - Birch Trail homes). The Plan 1 - Neil at 1878 sq ft is starting at ~$740,000+ when I called them last week.

Birch Trail has a terrible floor plan IMO. 

incognito said:
aquabliss said:

Looks like the price either came down a little or stayed the same from the grand opening day. It was $749,990 at grand opening.

Birchtrail is the least popular in PP.  I only went to the big model they had.  It was actually nice.. but what's up with having the kitchen Island that you can sit and eat?  Also they are the only homes there without a driveway (outside of 2 phases).  Also, their staff is terrible.

Back