iPhone 6

Other phones are less money, have longer battery life and as small or smaller than iPhone and have don't have this problem. So I don't buy your reasoning at all.

VoLTE isn't all roses. The advantages of CDMA (better coverage indoors, parking garages, elevators) go away and it becomes just like GSM. I suspect that is why Verizon is slow to roll it out. If my phone cuts off in elevator, may as well save $$ and go with a cheaper GSM provider.

Only one more day to make your decisions before pre-orders start  :D
http://www.appletimer.com/iphone/

2rdzywy.png

I've made my decision and am going with the White 64GB 6 Plus.  Now I don't have to argue with my wife on who gets the iPad Air when on the couch... LOL

@USCTrojanCPA I've had better experience buying directly from Apple on launch than AT&T, but if they say your phone arrives on the release date, then they both guarantee it.  8)

USCTrojanCPA said:
iacrenter said:
Only one more day to make your decisions before pre-orders start  :D
http://www.appletimer.com/iphone/
Where will be the best place to buy it?  Through apple.com or through the at&t website?

If you are on a year contract and eligible for upgrade or willing to pay full price, I would use Apple.Com or the Apple shopping app from your iPhone at midnight.

If you are on a carrier rental program (i.e. Verizon Edge, AT&T Next programs), your best bet will be your carrier's website for pre-orders.

If all else fails you can always line up at the Apple Store/Cellular store on 9/18.

Never line up unless you have nothing to do for hours and don't mind maybe not getting your phone.

As previous posters have said, Apple.com is probably the best. They are linked to your carrier so they will know if you can upgrade or not. If not there, your carrier and then if not there, last ditch is a carrier shop (usually less crowded than an Apple store).

Are the carriers taking preorders?

irvinehomeowner said:
Never line up unless you have nothing to do for hours and don't mind maybe not getting your phone.

As previous posters have said, Apple.com is probably the best. They are linked to your carrier so they will know if you can upgrade or not. If not there, your carrier and then if not there, last ditch is a carrier shop (usually less crowded than an Apple store).

There are companies that you can hire and they will send someone to wait in line for you.  You show up in the last minute, take your spot and get your phone.  I have two upgrades ready to go.  Unfortunately there are no F1 races this Sunday, so I'll order it and play Xbox till morning...  Any excuse to drink more coffee, and I'm game.

The iphone 6 release is another Apple phenomenon. If it's not a big deal people won't be talking about it. It's part of our pop culture. I would even stretch and say iTunes saved the music industry.

I'm pretty sure the iPhone 6 will break all previous sales records... that's 2 years of pent-up demand for a bigger screen... like The 2010 New Home Collection, Lambert Ranch and Pavilion Park.

#KeepingItIrvine

rnirvine said:
irvinehomeowner said:

There are companies that you can hire and they will send someone to wait in line for you.  You show up in the last minute, take your spot and get your phone.  I have two upgrades ready to go.  Unfortunately there are no F1 races this Sunday, so I'll order it and play Xbox till morning...  Any excuse to drink more coffee, and I'm game.

Wow, I thought 12th was Sunday.  Ordering the new iphone tomorrow night.  :eek:

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm pretty sure the iPhone 6 will break all previous sales records... that's 2 years of pent-up demand for a bigger screen... like The 2010 New Home Collection, Lambert Ranch and Pavilion Park.

#KeepingItIrvine

It will.. but much of apple's growth now depends on that watch and the sluggish iPad sales.. These phablets pretty much eating up their mini.  Let's hope the bigger tablet is a hit.

Google needs to get their act together with the Nexus phones.

This just shows how fragmented Android is. Nexus was supposed to be the standard of Android, the "iPhone" for Android users but it has no significant customer base.

If they did what Samsung did with Galaxy S phones, they could make these "events" like Apple does.

The 2016 blurb is funny because currently, only Samsung supports split screen apps and the Galaxy S phones have shown that users prefer hardware buttons over virtual ones.

irvinehomeowner said:

This just shows how fragmented Android is. Nexus was supposed to be the standard of Android, the "iPhone" for Android users but it has no significant customer base.

If they did what Samsung did with Galaxy S phones, they could make these "events" like Apple does.

The 2016 blurb is funny because currently, only Samsung supports split screen apps and the Galaxy S phones have shown that users prefer hardware buttons over virtual ones.

The Nexus phone was supposed to be a no-frills phone with no overlay.  It had moderate success but most people are fine with manufacturer overlays.  Also, Nexus phones are unsubsidized so you have to pay $300-400 to get one. 

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

The Nexus phone was supposed to be a no-frills phone with no overlay.  It had moderate success but most people are fine with manufacturer overlays.  Also, Nexus phones are unsubsidized so you have to pay $300-400 to get one. 
Nexus was supposed to be leading edge of Android (they usually released the next new version of Android OS on Nexus)... the "true" Android experience.

The reason why the iPhone was at AT&T only when it first came out is because Apple pushed no carrier bloatware and no carrier branding. Once everyone saw what a huge hit it was, they wanted in but had to do the same -- no bloatware, no carrier branding. Apple forced one phone, one user experience and it made it easy for customers to go to whatever carrier they wanted. This was what Google wanted to do with Nexus but couldn't get the carriers to agree to same type of non-modifications to get the same subsidies.

When Samsung first released their Galaxy S line, each carrier had a different version and even totally different variants (some had keyboards, some had no physical buttons). It wasn't until the S3 (?) where Samsung enforced the same hardware across carriers (although ceding branding) where you got a wide spread adoption of one type of Android phone, and now Sammy has their Apple like events where they announce their "Next Big Thing" because it's the same experience across all carriers.

That's really what Google/Nexus (and then Motorola) was supposed to be but Samsung beat them to it.

rnirvine said:
rnirvine said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Wow, I thought 12th was Sunday.  Ordering the new iphone tomorrow night.  :eek:

I have to choose regular iphone 6 or iphone 6 plus.

Back