iPhone 6

easy.. you want a regular phone or a phablet.  I actually like this iphone 6.. since they made it easy to still hold in one hand and use.

I would stick with the 4.7", esp if you're a guy. Unless you have a murse, that thing might be a pain to carry around.

I'm a gigantic guy, so even a Galaxy Note fits in my pocket but the Plus is taller than that so it will be uncomfortable.

Try this site to see size comparisons:
http://mobiledevicesize.com/compare

I'm leaning towards the 64gb regular iphone 6. However, if they offered 32 gb that will be ideal.

Iphone 6 storage: 16 gb, 64 gb, 128 gb 

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
It's for my wife. (She text me, we talked about it x 10) So I guess I need to preorder it.  :p
What phone does she have now?

She has an older iphone model. (3 or 4)

I am planning to get the new Bigger ipad so maybe I don't need the plus.

Moving from a 4 to a 6 Plus will shock her... even to a 6 may be a bit jolting.

Just do the regular 6 64gb because that's the same price as the 6 plus 16gb.

Their memory pricing is stupid... they should have started at 32gb... 16gb is nothing on a phone that has no expandable memory.

irvinehomeowner said:
Moving from a 4 to a 6 Plus will shock her... even to a 6 may be a bit jolting.

Just do the regular 6 64gb because that's the same price as the 6 plus 16gb.

Their memory pricing is stupid... they should have started at 32gb... 16gb is nothing on a phone that has no expandable memory.

16gb is doable, just have to be efficient.  Stream music instead of download, rip videos and pics to laptop right away, forget gaming, delete old texts from 3 years ago....

Did anyone pre-order theirs?

I'm going to wait and see how real usage reviews are, plus I like the smaller form factor of my 5s.

One nitpick that is weird for Apple is the protruding camera. I understand they were trying to make it thin, but having that part sticks out means the phone won't lay flat on a table unless you have a case on it. A bit strange that Cupertino's design team allowed that. It would have been okay if it had mechanical zoom so it moved in and out and when in normal focus it was flush... but that outcrop is unlike them.

I'll wait till the hoopla dies down, probably wait for a Best Buy or Target deal.  Ordering online sucks for Apple products because they require a signature at delivery.  That means I have to make a trip down to Leisure World UPS ghetto facility to pick up my phone.  Did it last time, and not worth the effort.

The protruding camera isn't really a big deal because the extra plastic/rubber case that will hold the phone will likely result in a flush back.

Soylent Red was an early adopter, only to need the 3G version that came out a few months later. From then it was "Antenna-gate" / The "death grip" on some of the other phones. It's nice to get an early version, providing it's 100% fool proof. We're waiting for a few more rabid fans to beta-test before swapping the rest of the family's 4's out for 6's.

I'm waiting for Sammy to get Note 4's out in the wild. That's my next upgrade.

irvinehomeowner said:

I'm going to wait and see how real usage reviews are, plus I like the smaller form factor of my 5s.

One nitpick that is weird for Apple is the protruding camera. I understand they were trying to make it thin, but having that part sticks out means the phone won't lay flat on a table unless you have a case on it. A bit strange that Cupertino's design team allowed that. It would have been okay if it had mechanical zoom so it moved in and out and when in normal focus it was flush... but that outcrop is unlike them.

I almost did, but my wife has to check with the carrier to make sure we get the monthly % corporate discount and to see that our unlimited data plan is not touched.

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I almost did, but my wife has to check with the carrier to make sure we get the monthly % corporate discount and to see that our unlimited data plan is not touched.

i have a 21% discount on my att account from my old professional services firm that i have not been at for 8 years. never lost the discount while upgrading or anything. 

Back