iPhone 6

Apple is dominating the smartphone revenue:
http://www.zdnet.com/article/apple-takes-89-percent-of-all-smartphone-profits-worldwide/

A record quarter following the launch of the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus has left Apple in control of nearly all profits in the smartphone business.

Google's Android OS might dominate smartphone market share, but for all the volume, Android OEMs are battling out over a rapidly shrinking share of profits in an industry where that has seen them grow significantly over the past year.

According to Strategy Analytics, with $18.8bn in operating profits for Q4 of last year, Apple took a record-breaking 89 percent share of the $21bn the smartphone industry made in profit that quarter.

While Apple's premium pricing combined with strong sales of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus helped drive its share of profits, Android handset makers slid to just 11 percent of all profits made by the industry, down from 29 percent in the corresponding quarter a year ago.

Over the period, Android handset makers' total profits declined from $4.8bn to $2.4bn.

Irvinecommuter said:
I would expect 6s/7 to result in much less sales. 
I think you will be wrong. I believe every S iterative of the iPhone outsells the previous model.

The 6s will break the 6 record, and the 7 will beat the 6s numbers... crazy but that's Apple.
It will be interesting to see how the S6 does for Samsung.  You can have one bad cycle but two bad cycles will be pretty bad.
Looks like two bad cycles.

Even after a total redesign and basically copying the iPhone, they still can't compete. The 2 things they had going for them, replaceable battery and external storage they removed... what were they thinking was going to happen?

The iphone success isn't the phone, it's the platform.  Apple has really mastered the degeekification of customization.  There's plenty of geeks behind the scenes, but regular run of the mill no tech people can plug and ply the components on apple because apple controls the platform for how people develop for it so that things work on it together. 

Everything developers and hackers hate about apples maniacal controls is what makes the platform so successful.

I'm debating jumping ship to TMobile with the introduction of the 6S. The Verizon Edge program sucks.

iacrenter said:
I'm debating jumping ship to TMobile with the introduction of the 6S. The Verizon Edge program sucks.

nothing edgy about it.  My friend tried to convince me it was a great deal and I told him.. Verizon isn't in this game to save you money bro.  Eventually he found out the great costs associated with the program. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Sprint seems to have the best price but their coverage in Irvine is horrible.

that's why we're handcuffed with Verizon.. you would think by now they'd all operate pretty well.

jmoney74 said:
iacrenter said:

nothing edgy about it.  My friend tried to convince me it was a great deal and I told him.. Verizon isn't in this game to save you money bro.  Eventually he found out the great costs associated with the program. 

Just checked out TMobile website--they make it seem easy to switch over:

"Switch to T-Mobile and we?ll pay every penny of your remaining phone payment plan balances and your Early Termination Fees (ETFs) with a trade-in credit and Visa? Prepaid Card.

Now, we?ll pay off your outstanding phone payment plan balances with another carrier.
We?ll cover your Early Termination Fees (ETFs) based on your carrier?s final bill.
Get a bill credit based on the market value for your eligible trade-in device. PLUS
Get a Visa? Prepaid Card in the amount of your old carrier?s ETF and your remaining device balance (minus the trade-in credit)."

Yes. Verizon sucks. So expensive.
And reception is better for us with att and costs half

Back