iPhone 6

Irvinecommuter said:
It is interesting that people are happy about the 10 million unit sales for the Iphone 6...iphone 5s/5c sold 9 million units in its first weekend and that was considered to be a meh number.
The reason why this is significant is the 5s/5c 9m number includes about 2.75m from China. The 6/6+ isn't for sale in China until 10/16. Pre orders are rumored to be 4m, so you are actually looking at a 14m initial sell number.

I just see a few guys complaining about this.. getting absurd. 

BzTF3L4CAAAL_pX.jpg

100614-cc-iphone-buzzfeed-twitter.jpg

Apple Pay is dying a slow death even before it gets started.

One week after Apple's new mobile payment system debuted in its stores, retailer CVS has barred the use of Apple Pay in its stores. Rite Aid took the same step, leading many observers to note that the two companies are part of a group of retailers that's developing its own payment system, called CurrentC. Their partners include Wal-Mart, Best Buy, and 7-Eleven.

The two pharmacy chains stopped using Apple Play and other "swipeless" payment systems, including Google Wallet. Previously, CVS and Rite Aid had joined other large retailers to create their own mobile wallet, with two key goals: cutting major credit card companies out of their transactions, and building more consumer loyalty (and data-tracking) through points programs and store credit cards.
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...play-and-many-see-a-fight-over-mobile-wallets

The California Court Company said:
CurrentC is both awkward and insecure compared to ApplePay, or other NFC technologies.http://www.businessinsider.com/walmarts-answer-to-apple-pay-currentc-2014-10

Definitely...but Apple Pay is running into the same issues that Google is running into...too many ways to pay and too many people to pay.  No one wants to share. 

On the other side, paying with your phone just isn't that game changing to me.  I can carry my CC a lot easier than my phone.

I know people who carry around their phone more than their wallet (esp when jogging).

You can't call anyone, look at Google Map, text, browse the Net or get email on a credit card. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
I know people who carry around their phone more than their wallet (esp when jogging).

You can't call anyone, look at Google Map, text, browse the Net or get email on a credit card. :)

You can get cases that allow you to put a CC with your phone.

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

You can get cases that allow you to put a CC with your phone.

But then you can't see the gooooooolllllllldddd! :)

not just wallet, but phone can be used for smart keys as well. It appeals to me if I can use my phone not only to pay, but also acts as a house key, car key and garage opener all in one device.

Or if I am worried about losing my phone, put all the above into a smart watch.

The California Court Company said:
not just wallet, but phone can be used for smart keys as well. It appeals to me if I can use my phone not only to pay, but also acts as a house key, car key and garage opener all in one device.

Or if I am worried about losing my phone, put all the above into a smart watch.

Newer house locks has thumbprint analyzers as well as keypads. 

Again, I understand the concept.  I just don't think the technology is all that important.

i was just at starbucks with a  buddy of mine at work and three young girls, probably early teens, were all paying with their phone. my buddy paid with his credit card, i told him he looked like a dinosaur busting out the plastic.

qwerty said:
i was just at starbucks with a  buddy of mine at work and three young girls, probably early teens, were all paying with their phone. my buddy paid with his credit card, i told him he looked like a dinosaur busting out the plastic.

was the transaction quick?  seems like it just takes that extra effort to put the payment through. 

Yeah it was quick. They had their phone ready. But not any faster than handing your card over to the cashier.

qwerty said:
Yeah it was quick. They had their phone ready. But not any faster than handing your card over to the cashier.

Especially now where most place, there is a scanner in front of you.  Also, what do you do at restaurants...do you give the waiter your phone?  I guess it's possible that the waiter has a mobile device but I kinda of like having the bill come and me hanging out a little before handing the card over.

qwerty said:

I can see paying by phone being faster for some people. You don't have to rummage around for your wallet. Most of the time, you're on your phone anyway as you wait in line so your phone is already out and ready. Most ppl at starbucks use the sbux app to pay which tracks rewards, etc. Can't do that with the current credit card system. You can carry around a starbucks card but that's yet another card to carry and keep track of.

Not sure if I like this though:http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/25/currentc/

Back