iPhone 6

irvinehomeowner said:
I am also awaiting the Note 4.

But how are you getting it for $49?

This lowers the price to $99:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7210600-get-a-200-best-buy-gc-or-a-guaranteed-total-of-200-trade-in-for-any-working-smartphone-10-tiv-minimum-when-you-pre-order-the-samsung-galaxy-note-4?v=1&page=39

It might be $119 if you have to buy a phone to trade-in for $20.

I get an additional $50 off at Best Buy of any phone:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mobile-...ls/pcmcat293000050015.c?id=pcmcat293000050015

I don't have games, just use phone for work and pics. Auto upload with iCloud / OneDrive / GDrive solves pics. Music is streamed (home collection is 100gb+ and "nothing on" - so stream everything).

16gb is fine. Any more than that and its just cluttered with pics from months ago and video you don't want/need anymore.

Rice Vino said:
I don't have games, just use phone for work and pics. Auto upload with iCloud / OneDrive / GDrive solves pics. Music is streamed (home collection is 100gb+ and "nothing on" - so stream everything).

16gb is fine. Any more than that and its just cluttered with pics from months ago and video you don't want/need anymore.

It helps if you have unlimited data (I don't). otherwise streaming music on 4G is a lot more costly than upgrading to more gigs.

uh oh.. first problems have come out.  iPhone 6 plus bends.  #BendGate

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znK652H6yQM#t=192[/youtube]

They all bend. Part of the reason Sammy has their big phones/phablets in plastic is that it can bend, but less prone to remaining in that shape. Once a metal case bends, you're screwed. Really though, only a fool buys a $700 (full retail) device and doesn't put some kind of case on it. The Note 3 has a case with a flap over cover an it helps take some of the bending issues off the table. Expect to see similar iPhone 6 Plus device cases soon on the market. (iMurse ?)

jmoney74 said:
uh oh.. first problems have come out.  iPhone 6 plus bends.  #BendGate

It's funny that some Apple sites claim that other phones bend too but both my s2 and s4 have held up fine.  I would presume that there is some user error at issue (see above) but I think Apple users believe that iPhone are supposed to be "better" and are now shocked.

I actually played around with an iphone 6 a couple of day ago and it feels/looks surprisingly similar to my S4 (especially with the curved edges).  I can see why people are annoyed by the one-hand thing considering the iOS's reliance on icon rows. 

Soylent Green Is People said:
They all bend. Part of the reason Sammy has their big phones/phablets in plastic is that it can bend, but less prone to remaining in that shape. Once a metal case bends, you're screwed.
But all the fanboys love metal... which is they the Note 4 has a metal band now... Sammy bowed to the pressure... and now the Note 4 may bend to it too.

irvinehomeowner said:
They all bend. Part of the reason Sammy has their big phones/phablets in plastic is that it can bend, but less prone to remaining in that shape. Once a metal case bends, you're screwed.
But all the fanboys love metal... which is they the Note 4 has a metal band now... Sammy bowed to the pressure... and now the Note 4 may bend to it too.

Yeah.  I don't understand the love for "metal".  Most phones are in plastic cases anyways.  My S4 feels great to me and I'm not worried about dings/bending.

paperboyNC said:
Rice Vino said:

It helps if you have unlimited data (I don't). otherwise streaming music on 4G is a lot more costly than upgrading to more gigs.

Yeah I use cricket wireless (AT&T owns it) and data is no issue, cost is cheap, speeds are great. Only downside is buying phone up front as no subsidy. No bother though- that's how the rest of the world does cellular.

Seems like you are on expensive plan and need to "pay for it" by getting more storage on phone.

They all bend. Part of the reason Sammy has their big phones/phablets in plastic is that it can bend, but less prone to remaining in that shape. Once a metal case bends, you're screwed. Really though, only a fool buys a $700 (full retail) device and doesn't put some kind of case on it. The Note 3 has a case with a flap over cover an it helps take some of the bending issues off the table. Expect to see similar iPhone 6 Plus device cases soon on the market. (iMurse ?)

My current phone didn't bend.. not like this.  It's mainly because the iPhone 6 is thin.. and the plus is very big. 

I hate putting on cases on the phone.. why even make it thin?  lol

My android has been case free for over two years. 

ive never had a case for any phone.  with 10.5 inch hands you dont drop something as small as a phone. the iphone 6 plus in my hand looks like like an iphone 5s does in IHO's hands :)

Very weird....the other day I got an email say that my phone shipment date got delayed and then last night I get an email that my phone was shipped (from Texas) and I'll be getting it today.  Maybe those guys at AT&T read my post and did something about it.  hahaha

qwerty said:
ive never had a case for any phone.  with 10.5 inch hands you dont drop something as small as a phone. the iphone 6 plus in my hand looks like like an iphone 5s does in IHO's hands :)

However, you might drop the phone with the 6 plus. When you get the comments. Wowthatshuge (talking about the phone)

irvinehomeowner said:
"He who talks about size on the Internet is compensating for lack of it."

- qwerfucious

Hey, if you go to the apple store and look at the new iphone you will here what I previously said.

Back