Most of the specs of the new phone appear to be all over the web:
Bigger screen--4.7" and 5.5"
New form factor
Upgraded processor
More storage--up to 126GB
Upgraded camera--optical stabilization for 5.5" version
NFC and Apple payment system

And the "One more thing"... probably an iWatch

I will probably order a 5.5" iPhone. Not sure about an iWatch yet. Depends on price and features. Looking forward to 9/9.

I haven't make up my mind about the iPhone 6 but I'm definitely getting the new bigger iPad.

Looks exactly like the leaks.

Seems like nothing can be kept a secret about Apple:

6plus.jpg

Here's more info on the new iphone 6...

the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 boasts 38 percent more pixels than its predecessor, the iPhone 5s. And the jumbo-sized iPhone 6 Plus packs in 185 percent more pixels.

the iPhone 6 brings down thickness to 6.9-millimeters thin, while the iPhone 6 Plus drops to 7.1mm, down from 7.6mm for the iPhone 5s.

Apple's new A8 processor contains two billion transistors and is 25 percent faster than the last-generation A7.

The iPhone 6 is available in Gold, Silver and Space Gray, priced at $199 for a 16GB version, $299 for 64GB and $399 for a new 128GB tier, all on two-year contract. The iPhone 6 Plus starts at $299, $399 and $499 for the same storage sizes.
http://appleinsider.com/articles/14...ne-6-plus-new-design-a8-cpu-retina-hd-display

Thank goodness they will allow me to preorder starting 9/12.

Tim Cook did the "One more thing..."  :D

Apple Watch!!!

Soon we will turn into Apple robots wearing their watch, carrying their iPhone, iGlasses? lol, Their shoes, iRan?  ::)

I don't really think Smart Wearables is going to be as hot as everyone wants it to be... the size/battery life issue is always going to be a hurdle.

Cell phones were in a phase where everyone wanted them to be smaller (remember those tiny Nokia phones) but now it went the other direction.

In other news, the 5s now starts at $199, the 5c is free (both on 2-year contracts). Looks like we can get phones for the kids.

irvinehomeowner said:
I don't really think Smart Wearables is going to be as hot as everyone wants it to be... the size/battery life issue is always going to be a hurdle.

Cell phones were in a phase where everyone wanted them to be smaller (remember those tiny Nokia phones) but now it went the other direction.

Not sure exactly what iWatch can do but just from the images, it's just too small and too girly.  Just like smart phone, watches has been going "go bigger" trend too.  We need a big, manly watch to match our waist wrist size.

I def want to get the 4.7" iPhone 6... the Plus is too big and looks like a mini mini iPad.

And I would rather get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Need to stay in both ecosystems.

lnc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I def want to get the 4.7" iPhone 6... the Plus is too big and looks like a mini mini iPad.

It's big alright.  People might need to buy a new set of wardrobe just for that.  http://www.marketwatch.com/story/5-ways-the-iphone-6-could-alter-fashion-2014-09-05?link=MW_Nav_PF

Also if you put iPhone 6 Plus in your front pant pocket, people might mistaken you for qwerty.

It's funny that a lot of the media is still stuck on iphone being this social game changer.  Androids are 51.5 percent of the market in the US...iphones are at 41.4%.    Androids have had 4.7 and 5.5 inch models for 2+ years now. 

Back