Great Park: Shea Homes - Sagewood

If you're going to spend that money to modify a new home, you might I want to add 2 bedrooms with one or both having ensuite bathrooms.

The HOA may have issues if your garage-side neighbor doesn't want you blocking their sun with a 2nd story addition on their side (so you might want to choose a garage-side corner lot if available).

Here is what I would do (including a retreat and 2nd master closet):

15gpj5w.jpg

The southern tract is nicer because it's cul-de-sac streets but the lots are smaller overall.

So is Sagewood one of the $1m+ home tracts that has no problem selling its inventory?

notTHEoc said:
bones said:
Word is they are trying to convert some of the plan 1s to 2s and 3s. Average lot size down there is 5,800. There are a few large lots - one being 11,000 sf.  According to the sales ppl, some people on the list prefer the location near the amenities and are waiting for those lots.

Is it really possible to convert one plan to another? I've seen builders in other areas do minor floorplan tweaks (or add structural options) mid-stream, but not convert one to another.

CDS is def nice to have, but a bit overrated IMO. Closer proximity to park is bigger bonus IMO.

Irvine Pacific did this with their Maricopa project in SG a few years back.  It didn't seem like a big deal for the builder to do this when I was looking at these properties.

notTHEoc said:
bones said:
Word is they are trying to convert some of the plan 1s to 2s and 3s. Average lot size down there is 5,800. There are a few large lots - one being 11,000 sf.  According to the sales ppl, some people on the list prefer the location near the amenities and are waiting for those lots.

Is it really possible to convert one plan to another? I've seen builders in other areas do minor floorplan tweaks (or add structural options) mid-stream, but not convert one to another.

CDS is def nice to have, but a bit overrated IMO. Closer proximity to park is bigger bonus IMO.
If the slab isn't laid... it's easy. Builders do this a lot, I believe Maricopa or Mendocino changed their future phase home mix based on prior sales.

irvinehomeowner said:
notTHEoc said:
bones said:

If the slab isn't laid... it's easy. Builders do this a lot, I believe Maricopa or Mendocino changed their future phase home mix based on prior sales.

Builders are required to submit very specific neighborhood layouts to the Planning Commission including exact Plan # for each lot and exterior options (i.e. California rooms etc...). This is done to comply with setback requirements. I would imagine the builder would need to resubmit plans and get them approved by the city to do this.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:
notTHEoc said:
bones said:

Builders are required to submit very specific neighborhood layouts to the Planning Commission including exact Plan # for each lot and exterior options (i.e. California rooms etc...). This is done to comply with setback requirements. I would imagine the builder would need to resubmit plans and get them approved by the city to do this.
Sure... but considering that it's TIC, I don't think they have much problems getting these approved. Maybe other builders will have a harder time. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Sure... but considering that it's TIC, I don't think they have much problems getting these approved. Maybe other builders will have a harder time. :)

yeah, everything TIC does is probably fastracked and every other builders plans get backed up.

Back